Urban Fighting - EJOD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urban Fighting - EJOD

Last night I had the chance to play EJOD 64 and I am hooked. I was on the USMC side, and I must say what a difference not having tanks makes for urban combat.

It was a ton of fun having some pretty intense urban firefights in east city. What a difference it really makes. I still enjoy that the map is in a 64 player version it gives lots of leeway for firebases and even some sand dune fighting.

But It also more importantly shows the value of the vodnik and the Humvee, and why having a HAT crew on this particular map is nice, but it isn't really needed.

All in all it was a lot of fun and a the MEC side pushed the USMC side almost to ruins towards the end.

It would be nice also if Tanks were removed from Qwai but I don't want to get ahead of myself, all in all EJOD64 is a great map to practice Mechanized INF. Even if you are not in a squad called mec INF it is still good to practice.

Last night also showed the importance of always having an engineer with an APC, there were several times a USMC APC squad kept asking to be repaired because they were hit, as USMC forces were trying to penetrate deep within west city, I think as everyone becomes aquainted with the map, we will see the apcs less and less taking to the gigantic sand hills to the west and east, and more involved in the streets of EJOD, this map is just what i have been waiting for.

would i love to see apc's disappear all together like on the kashan 16 version that is played on a 64 level? Yes, but for now I am quite happy having APC's and no tanks. It really makes a difference and so much less confusion.

And with the addition to the recoil fix for the MEC, its a map that is on an even keel, both sides are really for the first time completely equal.

I cannot wait until further urban street fighting maps make there way to the PR world. Hopefully al anibar once its completed along with muttrah city will really show the importance of squad based tactical combat with the use of choppers and humvees, and for the MEC side it will too show the importance of squad based urban defensive combat.

This is the type of map where marksmens can be integrated into a INF squad on Both the MEC and USMC. I still agree with a 2 man locked sniper squad or 3man locked squad, but the marksmen kit when used correctly can be a deadly weapon while providing cover for the troops. As well as the Grenadier kit on both sides, though smoke as we know is more of a bullet attraction, placing it at the right times for that instant cover when crossing alleys and street corners is valuable.

I also am looking forward to implementing the LAT on a large scale especially with humvees and vodniks which will be used more within the city limits.

I am hoping this map garners as much attraction as Kashan, or Qwai does, with less of the fuss about who is driving a tank, apc, or flying a helicopter.
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Re: Urban Fighting - EJOD

They allready have removed tanks from Qwai, just for usmc :) Usmc can remove tanks from china with the use of 2xtow or 2xhat, thats what makes the map interesting or it would not be qwai imo

Im not sure about ejod, I thought tanks on it worked well. Seems less of that flanking space is of importance now

M14 or svd is no worse then g3 up close so I always think of marksman in a squad

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
      They allready have removed tanks from Qwai, just for usmc :) Usmc can remove tanks from china with the use of 2xtow or 2xhat, thats what makes the map interesting or it would not be qwai imo

Im not sure about ejod, I thought tanks on it worked well. Seems less of that flanking space is of importance now
      I'm in favor of the tank removal of Ejod. So much of the play was focused on the flanking space; with armor battles out in the east/west hills that it really took a lot of the action away from the actual flags in the city. Now it really is focused a lot more on the street-to-street urban combat, with the APCs as the big dogs patrolling the open space.
      |TG-6th|Belhade
      "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

The city was allready a focus though and it can be cramped for 64 players. I think it still works but its like the 32p version

I like cramped infantry fighting though so Im not against it, more fun for me and my m203

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X