Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I s there any chance of some flight training?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I s there any chance of some flight training?

I'm sure I'm not the only one that would be prepared to learn how to fly these aircraft on PR, please don't suggest creating my own Local Server, don't that crash every time, I'm sure there are some basic principles I'm missing, so would it first be possible for us as a community to accommodate this, and two would somebody be prepared to train us.

Kind Regards Warrior
    sigpic
    "Volatilis Quod Mactabilis"

Re: I s there any chance of some flight training?

Yes, if you want a community flight training course go to TGU Forums but if you want i can teach you myself in a private server (TG PRIVATE) or a LAN server. Just PM me if you decide to do it.

Comment

yeah, think it would be a good idea to just go a couple of guys on an empty server, some1 that already know how to fly could join and help paint targets for bombing runs and stuff like that and also could be nice to train dogfighting in the same way.

i know how to dogfight so might be abel to help on that part but never done much A-10/frogfoot flying.
      If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

You could also try single player. I think it was 24 people to make targets. They dont move fast, so you might want to switch to real people when you get the chance. Also, search the forums for pilot training map

I am the leader Of the Zombie Defense Militia. We hold think tanks on how to live in a zombie apocalypse.
        Baseless self confidence kills more people each year than bathtubs.

Comment

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...tml#post911156

Try it, may not work with the new patch.

Comment

there is an updated pilot map on realitymod.com

Comment

My tread is updated with new links...

Comment

Like Liquid said, go to the TG University forums and request a PR flight training session, if we have enough interest I'm sure they'll set one up!

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

A while back there was a guy called Mat i believe that had a pilot training day on Kashan desert back in the beta for .6 or it might have been the actual .6.... Anyway, it was fun for a bit, but it was really unprepared. We took about 5 or 6 guys on the MEC team to arrange their armor on a ridge line, as if they were overlooking the bunkers. And the american A-10 would try to take out as many as he could with guns only, then try with missiles etc. While the rest of us sat atop the bunkers watching. Then we all switched over to MEC and tried with the froggy.

When it came to helicopters, it didnt work because people kept bailing out and dying and stuff so instead of instructing, I kinda just flew around transporting.

But if we could organize it really well and have it all planed out then it would be alot of fun i think.(BTW i suck at A-10'ing)
                  sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Well im defo up for it im off to the TG Uni to gain my diploma......Hope to see some of you guys at the Training session.

Thank you everyone for your input.

Regards warrior "All for one and one for all"
                    sigpic
                    "Volatilis Quod Mactabilis"

Comment

Do you mean to fly helis or jets.

Helis you can practice on a carrier, half empty server is ok.

Practise warming the engines up. Wait 2 mins, throttle up until you feel the heli start to move slightly, then power down. Do that till it always settled and level at any throttle, then try taking off

Fly 6 feet forward and land, then 12 and so on. The best way to practice is emphasis on control not speed so dont progress to greater distances till you complete a small distance perfectly
                      When you can fly forward, try sideways then strafing in a circle. Then backwards, increase the speed maybe but always control is most important and if you take 5 mins to complete it well then you are good

Thread the carrier turrets, land in the central elevated decking. Land in the apc bay, hover 2 feet off the sea. Once you've done all that you can rush forward to the mainland and practice there.

Huey is harder to fly then blackhawk I'd say, littlebird is responsive and most people like that but I think blackhawk is best to begin with because its easy to take off

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

On the realitymod forums, theres a training mod that incorporates a couple of maps that are full of helis, planes, and more, with about 10 second respawn times.
                        Its really quite helpful!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X