Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for squad/mates

Hello,
    as the title says Im looking for a regular squad or people who play at least once a week or 2 weeks.
    After I was excited by PR and played with TG people, I also played on other servers, like Thors Brigade or 10th Mountains. Like on tuesday... There was a nice guy leading our squad, I could see his efforts in effective leading, also making faults and so on... Like basing his leading tactics on assisting HIM to kill everybody, us running across the whole map for a co-order which was silly as hell, then crying for a medic (me) and just lying in the grass, reading his newspaper instead of covering me, and then complaining that he has died... Seeing people bunnyhopping when they were shot, nadespamming (yes still with 0.75), bunker raping, idiot pilots who didnt know how to fly and crashing half of the one and the other squad and so on... As far as I read the last topics, you know what Im talking about.

Why Im telling you stories (sry for that), is just because yesterday I had a great game with "TG-Irr Mnam" (huge thanks again) or also far back with "TG-E1st TopCat" and that Ive finally found some guys who are playing serious and with whom I have the real feeling of PR instead of frustration and "ohnoes".
    I just would like to find a serious player squad and their regular playing times, to play this game like the most of you do, with professionalism and knowledge. I also would be very happy to learn techniques and tactics for being a good squadmember and play this realism simulation properly. Of course I will be glad to submit any additional personal information you need.

So if you are ever interested in me being your squadmate, let me know.
    Regards, BurrumBaer

Re: Looking for squad/mates

If I see you in game ask for an invite.

I'd be glad to play with a new face.
    Skud

Comment

A few squad leaders people learn to love:
      |TG|Charity_Case
      Any Admin's squad (Dirtboy, the great nardini, disposable)
      Any member of the 6th, |TG|Demonsrage, Ollie_Fool, Nerdy_dodge, Gunner.
      I would squad up with any of those if I had the chance.

Comment

Welcome Baer! Here's my recommendation: when you are in game, click on the names of the squads. All of the members of the squad you click on will be highlighted white, and you will be able to see if the squad is coherent and working together or scattered around the whole map. In general, a good squad leader will try to keep his men as close together as possible. There are, of course, exceptions to this, but it's a pretty good indicator nonetheless. You will quickly find many SLs that you like and can play regularly with.

|
        |

Comment

Me and the others in the E1st (see my signature for roster) play in the same timezone as you, so let's squad up!

You can get ahold of us on TS or xfire the easiest, but you can also ask for an invite ingame.

See you!

Comment

Originally posted by BurrumBaer View Post
            Why Im telling you stories (sry for that), is just because yesterday I had a great game with "TG-Irr Mnam" (huge thanks again) or also far back with "TG-E1st TopCat" and that Ive finally found some guys who are playing serious and with whom I have the real feeling of PR instead of frustration and "ohnoes".
            Hi there, I think I was in a few of yours and Mnams squads yesterday, they certainly were good games. Welcome to TG! Like Pwn3ge said, there are lots of good squad leaders or squadmates at TacticalGamer, he has listed only a few of them. Hope to see you again in game soon!

Westy.
            |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
            Irregular since 2007.

Comment

BurrumBaer, like pwn3ge said, the key is to find a good squad leader. Sure, there are tons of great squad members out there, but it's the SLs who make the difference between an ok round and an awesome round. Here is a thread with some advice on good squad leaders: link

Also, get on teamspeak, as (in my opinion) it is the best tool for organizing and socializing in PR. If you need any help setting up teamspeak or getting it properly configured (this is very important) just PM me.

As for me, I normally play on Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays, starting around 12:00 AM GMT. And, as my school is about to go on break, you should find me on at plenty of other times. If you feel like playing with me look for any squad with "CC" in it's name as that's a sure sign I'm squad leading.

Comment

I'm leading a few squads here and there and will look for you when I can...vice versa...look for my squad...it's usually marked 10th TG or X factor.

At TG it's all about following orders...If I get a CO command that doesn't make sense I expect my squad to carry out the order regardless of how they feel about it. You can encourage me to discuss alternatives with the CO or another course of action...if they have merit I'll bring them to command for review. But--I need people who will follow orders regardless of their assessment of the tactic or movement.
                sigpic
                |TG-1st|Grunt
                ARMA Admin (retired)
                Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

had some great games with u burrumbear
                  I do not have any ribbons because the TG Ribbons department has not created one for being a boss.

Comment

Willkommen

Comment

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
                      At TG it's all about following orders...If I get a CO command that doesn't make sense I expect my squad to carry out the order regardless of how they feel about it. You can encourage me to discuss alternatives with the CO or another course of action...if they have merit I'll bring them to command for review. But--I need people who will follow orders regardless of their assessment of the tactic or movement.
                      Yes thats right, but I cant remember me having refused an order, I just asked my SL a couple of times why we were doing this or doing that when it was unclear. But when Ive asked my SL on 10ths then to speak to the commander and discuss the order (because the whole squad died around 7 times heading to that position) he just did nothing and we finally got stuck without orders after the commander said that he had no time for us...

Originally posted by Charity Case View Post
                      Also, get on teamspeak, as (in my opinion) it is the best tool for organizing and socializing in PR. If you need any help setting up teamspeak or getting it properly configured (this is very important) just PM me.
                      Ive got TS up and running and I gonna be around at about 21 GMT today. And I gonna try to be around when Im playing.

Originally posted by westyfield View Post
                      Hi there, I think I was in a few of yours and Mnams squads yesterday, they certainly were good games. Welcome to TG! Like Pwn3ge said, there are lots of good squad leaders or squadmates at TacticalGamer, he has listed only a few of them. Hope to see you again in game soon!

Westy.
                      Yes, I remember you Westy. Looking forward to seeing you, too.

Originally posted by A_Grounded_Pilot View Post
                      Welcome Baer! Here's my recommendation: when you are in game, click on the names of the squads. All of the members of the squad you click on will be highlighted white, and you will be able to see if the squad is coherent and working together or scattered around the whole map. In general, a good squad leader will try to keep his men as close together as possible. There are, of course, exceptions to this, but it's a pretty good indicator nonetheless. You will quickly find many SLs that you like and can play regularly with.
                      Yay, thanks for that. Thats truly some sort of an indicator. ;)

Originally posted by llPANCHOll View Post
                      Willkommen
                      Jaja. ;)
                      I can speak German, English, Russian and can understand some French as Im studying it at school. Feel free to talk in any language :)

Thanks for your replies guys, I gonna look for the squad names and for yourselves. See you on the battlefield.

Comment

Helt fint BurrumBaer s snakker jeg da bare dansk. no seriusly id love to squad up with you thou i pretty much stopped SL'ing since people stopped listening to me.

btw its danish if your are wondering
                        If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X