Map Rotation: Qinling and 16 player

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map Rotation: Qinling and 16 player

Hello TG. Long time player, first time poster.

Question:
    Is it possible for the maps listed below to be removed from the rotation?
    • Ejod 16
      A good urban map for 16 people, and in theory makes a good "starter" map for servers that are starving for population but neither of these two reasons exist on the TG server. With TG's nearly round-the-clock population, it doesn't need a "starter" map (and even if it did, maps such as Mestia or Ejod 64 are much better choices that play well with 4 or 64 people. When the 16 player version is played, it almost always has 64 people and based on a 230+ player public poll, the vast majority do not enjoy 16 player maps with 64 people. Rarely are any flags captured, and usually ends up in a grenade or sniper war, seeing who can get the most kills before the timer runs out. Not exactly in the spirit of PR.
    • Kashan 16
      Same as above
    • Any 16 player map
      Same as above.
    • Qinling (any version)
      One of the most boring maps in the rotation. Too many vehicles which equates to too few infantry capturing flags. Those that do are often obliterated by the multitude of armor pieces perched high atop hills looking down upon the flags. In addition, many find this map buggy and laggy with armor that won't say still and frequent screen or sound freezes. All in all, a very uninteresting map with uninteresting combat. When it is played, quite a few people leave the server.
    • Zatar Wetlans (any version)
      One of the most unbalanced maps, the U.S. has virtually no chance. Even in the new .75 updated version with fewer APC's and tanks on the MEC side, the landing sites, flag orientation, and overall map design leads to the U.S. being slaughtered the entire round. Not a very sporting map for players looking for a fun round of gaming.

To replace these maps, is it possible to add Kashan 32? This is an enormously popular yet underplayed map that would win the favor of TG players everywhere. And although I'm not a big fan of placing the same map name in the rotation twice (i.e. Kashan 64, Kashan 32), this is an exception and imo is a far better choice than any 16 player version.

If this were done, I believe you would have the best map selection/rotation anywhere.

Re: Map Rotation: Qinling and 16 player

While I am loving Kashan 16 for pure infantry stuff, I still do miss 32 player version, which is great fun. 64 needs a break for a while, make 32 commonplace for a while.

Agreed on other points.

Comment

I agree with all the points, especially the points about 16 player maps.
      16 player maps are designed for 16 players, not 62. It's like trying to cram everyone into a basement with nerf dart guns and yelling "Go!"
      [TF21] Halcyon

Comment

the U.S. has virtually no chance
        Not true since Usmc have won zatar many times. It does require a half decent team yes

kashan 16p is massive now, its the full size map actually so really its 64p without heavy vehicles

ejod 16p is over in 10 mins with 64 players, purely a fuse to start the server

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Wolfe

Thanks for stopping by and posting. Agreed on all points but Kashan 16 - I love the way that map plays now with just infantry, transport and CO trucks!

We will be tweaking the rotation soon, expect changes.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post
            We will be tweaking the rotation soon, expect changes.
            :)

Comment

I would say remove kashan 64 and replace it by 32 end keep 16, I think the A10 is too powerfull compared to the frogfoot, maybe thats just me but it seems that way. I also think that the Ejod 16 is a good little map to start the server.
              Generelly I would like more intence street fights where the right use of infantry and APC's wins the battle. Right now i think that Sunset City is the best map around simply because its pure infantry, where the right route is essential.
              If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

A few changes were made to the rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by [TF21]Wolfe View Post

Question:
                  • Ejod 16
                    A good urban map for 16 people, and in theory makes a good "starter" map for servers that are starving for population but neither of these two reasons exist on the TG server. With TG's nearly round-the-clock population, it doesn't need a "starter" map (and even if it did, maps such as Mestia or Ejod 64 are much better choices that play well with 4 or 64 people. When the 16 player version is played, it almost always has 64 people and based on a 230+ player public poll, the vast majority do not enjoy 16 player maps with 64 people. Rarely are any flags captured, and usually ends up in a grenade or sniper war, seeing who can get the most kills before the timer runs out. Not exactly in the spirit of PR.
                  • Kashan 16
                    Same as above
                  • Any 16 player map
                    Same as above.
                  • Qinling (any version)
                    One of the most boring maps in the rotation. Too many vehicles which equates to too few infantry capturing flags. Those that do are often obliterated by the multitude of armor pieces perched high atop hills looking down upon the flags. In addition, many find this map buggy and laggy with armor that won't say still and frequent screen or sound freezes. All in all, a very uninteresting map with uninteresting combat. When it is played, quite a few people leave the server.
                  • Zatar Wetlans (any version)
                    One of the most unbalanced maps, the U.S. has virtually no chance. Even in the new .75 updated version with fewer APC's and tanks on the MEC side, the landing sites, flag orientation, and overall map design leads to the U.S. being slaughtered the entire round. Not a very sporting map for players looking for a fun round of gaming.

To replace these maps, is it possible to add Kashan 32? This is an enormously popular yet underplayed map that would win the favor of TG players everywhere. And although I'm not a big fan of placing the same map name in the rotation twice (i.e. Kashan 64, Kashan 32), this is an exception and imo is a far better choice than any 16 player version.

If this were done, I believe you would have the best map selection/rotation anywhere.
                  @ qinling: Be respectful to Rhino, because even if the map doesn't play as well as it's supposed to, I'm sure he put a hell of a lot of work into it. I don't really disagree, but i hate when people just spit on someones work.

@Zatar: Get your stuff together on the US team and you'll win. I just played a round yesterday and they win, if you have a good commander it's not impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by oldirti View Post
                    Be respectful to Rhino, because even if the map doesn't play as well as it's supposed to, I'm sure he put a hell of a lot of work into it. I don't really disagree, but i hate when people just spit on someones work.
                    I appreciate Rhino's workd but the amount of work someone puts into something doesn't make feedback disrespectful. If I built a map and players thought it had problems, I would want to know. So did Rhino, which is why he created map feedback threads in the PR forums where this and other similar feedback comments have already been requested and expressed.

Just the same, this thread is about map rotation based on playability of each map, and I don't apologize for having to state the obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by [TF21]Wolfe View Post

Question:
                      [*]Qinling (any version)
                      One of the most boring maps in the rotation. Too many vehicles which equates to too few infantry capturing flags. Those that do are often obliterated by the multitude of armor pieces perched high atop hills looking down upon the flags.

And your telling us kashan is a better option for that?

I am the leader Of the Zombie Defense Militia. We hold think tanks on how to live in a zombie apocalypse.
                      Baseless self confidence kills more people each year than bathtubs.

Comment

Qinling is a beautiful map - just too big with too many toys to make it a fun map because you can't cap/hold flags. Boots on the ground win the fight, not having 24/32 players on a side in either a tank, apc, helo or jet. Qinling needs about 40-44 players per team to be a decently playable map. This has nothing to do with the hours of labor Rhino put into it nor the skill he has. It's just that this particular map doesn't work well right now. To fix it, either reduce the number of assets or increase the number of players, and we all know which one is "doable" and which one isn't.

Comment

You know, I really don't like the 16 player maps with 64-ish players.... it turns way too much into a spamfest similar to VBF2.

Comment

Originally posted by Corporal_Cody View Post
                            You know, I really don't like the 16 player maps with 64-ish players.... it turns way too much into a spamfest similar to Hills of Hamyong.
                            Fixed it for you!

Ejod 16 with 62 players can always be fun at the start of P/W night. Well coordinated squads working together on TeamSpeak... nading the hell out of each other!
                            |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                            Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by westyfield View Post
                              Fixed it for you!

Ejod 16 with 62 players can always be fun at the start of P/W night. Well coordinated squads working together on TeamSpeak... nading the hell out of each other!
                              Oh, i just LOVEEEE Hills....
                              Its perhaps the most tactical, realistic, strategic map of all of Project Reality, without a doubt.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X