Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought TG was about Team Leadership.

Five times tonight I have been locked out of Squad's, I'm not comfortable with leading a squad being a new guy just yet, so I was kicked, because all the other Squads were either locked or full, to make it worse I put up a Message in chat for a Squad that had 4 People in it to invite me, no reply! I could understand if they weren't TG members but they were, I'm Sick of it....The principles are towards a Team play Tactical community...or so I thought so.

Thank you to the guys I did get to have some good gaming with tonight, this had to be said there is far to much of this type of thing happening.
    sigpic
    "Volatilis Quod Mactabilis"

Re: I thought TG was about Team Leadership.

I empathise with your frustration, I too have been on the recieving side of locked squads..

What did I do? I formed a squad.. spawned as Engineer, got in an Icecream Truck and tried to support the APC.. the Commander eventually spoke with one of the locked squads and had them invie me in... It worked out ok..

I can think of other Times when there were 4 full squads, what did I do, Formed a CMDRLACKY.. "commander lackey squad" and just rode around with him..

Life is frustrating sometimes, but when life gives you lemons..

Comment

Originally posted by uk-warrior View Post
      Five times tonight I have been locked out of Squad's, I'm not comfortable with leading a squad being a new guy just yet, so I was kicked, because all the other Squads were either locked or full, to make it worse I put up a Message in chat for a Squad that had 4 People in it to invite me, no reply! I could understand if they weren't TG members but they were, I'm Sick of it....The principles are towards a Team play Tactical community...or so I thought so.

Thank you to the guys I did get to have some good gaming with tonight, this had to be said there is far to much of this type of thing happening.
      If I ever have a squad it's open. Join it, you are welcome.

I'm sorry this is happening and I hope it stops soon. People should find the balance of playing with other gamers, locking squads should be avoided if possible. Believe me when I say there are lots of players TG and non-TG that would welcome you and are really fun.

However - here is a thought, if you risk being a SL then I'll follow you :) We'll learn together!

Keep going, you'll find them.

Comment

UK-warrior, you're a great player and are always welcome in my squad. If I lock a squad it is only to invite my fellow 6th members before unlocking it for everyone else. I will only lock if absolutely necessary, and if you ask for an invite 99% of the time I'll give you one. People seem to either not have read Dirtboy's post on the subject, or simply choose to ignore it. Either way, it needs to stop.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

You know this thread has got me thinking, and I have something stuck in my Craw..
          I have been trying to be patient and lead by example.. Explaining that I empathize and offering up examples of how I handled a similar situation..

I can think of another example.. Quinling, there was a Helo Squad, Several full Infantry squads and a Locked Tank Squad.. WHATS A BOY TO DO? I grabbed an engineer kit and hopped in another Icecream Truck and went out "WRENCHING"
          What happened you ask??
          Eventually the guys invited into their squad and I Rode up in the .50 cal watching their backside..

Not once did I come here and Gripe..

This is the closest thing you will hear from me that is negative.. I don't like negativity, it's contagious and an indulgence of the weak.
          It offends me!

Search my posts and you will see how hard I try to maintain a positive outlook..

Complainers MAN UP.. because you will recieve no more of my Coddleing

Comment

nevermind

EDIT: You know what - not nevermind.

I joined Fools Road tonight in the middle of the round. All squads were full or locked. Ok - no biggie - I'll engie and do something useful until more people join my squad. WAIT! There was no CO! Ok, team has a need, I step up and take CO position.

Point is - find a need and fill it on the team.

The LAST thing anyone should do is come here and WHINE!! Quit wasting server bandwidth with this non-stop crap! Last time I checked TG was supposed to be a community for mature gamers, not a bunch of babies, which is what we seem to be full of right now.
            Last edited by disposableHero; 03-23-2008, 02:03 AM.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

If this was on fools road tonight, and I was the locked squad, sorry. I didn't see your text. If not, disregard. I usually never lock but i was doing a "screw around squad".

Comment

Erms..
                He was only saying an outlook as someone new and not being negative. Just needed to know a few things about being supported. We showed him. Did you guys?

Comment

Guy's it was through frustration that I started this thread, but alas I have learnt something from it, Ie become an Engie or CO support, thank you for your comments.

Olddirty no problem, it was just the last straw, I'm back to happy Warrior now, see I'm smiling....
                  sigpic
                  "Volatilis Quod Mactabilis"

Comment

More tips. Take a 10 min break and come back later,squads may have changed then.

Ask for invites via ts,easier to be heard there.

Comment

Don't worry about being 'the new guy' and not creating squads. Just create a basic infantry squad and when people join, tell them that you are new to the game and haven't SL'ed before. Most people will accept this and try to help you out. Perhaps call the squad 'newbie_SL' or something like that, so people understand.
                      |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                      Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post
                        Last time I checked TG was supposed to be a community for mature gamers, not a bunch of babies, which is what we seem to be full of right now.
                        That's not a post I'd typically come to expect from a TG Battlefield admin.
                        It is hard enough for people to get into Project reality as it is, being excluded from established squads and consequently denied the opportunity for guidance by veteran TG PR players makes it harder.

All the guy did was ask that people be more aware that new people are joining the game all the time and that all they seek is a chance to join a squad with experienced players so that they can better learn and understand how the mod is played. They can then take what they have learned and help others.

I don't see how his post can be classified as 'baby whining' in the slightest, as a new supporting member just like uk_warrior I would not have expected this kind of response in exchange for a simple request for other gamers to be more accommodating of lesser experienced players who join TG servers.

POE2 Developer

Comment

While Disposable may have been a little harsh, you guys have to understand that a lot of the regulars are getting more than a little weary of reading these same comments everyday on the forum. Yes, TG is about teamwork, no we are not perfect and it's a constant work in progress to keep things running smoothly but with the influx of new to TG players (most of whom simply do not understand the TG way) it gets harder and harder to be polite and helpful to everyone. I know that does indeed go against what we strive for, but we are human and we all make mistakes. The tough part is weeding out the new players who are making mistakes from the ones who are intentionally causing problems because they have their own ideas about how our server should be run.

Honestly, I do sympathize with you, UK-Warrior, but posting that you are "sick of it" is sure to set everyone's teeth on edge when the Admins are working very hard doing the thankless job of keeping the server on an even keel and trying to keep everyone happy. Especially when this has become such a hot topic lately and it seems to get run into the ground about every 5 days.

Comment

The engineer comments are dead on, thats the most influential kit in the game. Also I agree with the CO thing, delay your spawn till the game awards you the position.

Spawn in with the officer kit (otherwise its a 2 min wait zZz), deploy a CO post. That alone is good for transport, then you need a truck. Drive around deploying firebases and bunkers in hopefully good places, you will have to guess and learn where is best and obviously its down to the squads if they want to build them up or not but at least you tried.

The red cas marker is a real laser target the planes or helis can use to bomb. Only the CO can remotely do that

Maybe after a few mins there will then be a space open. Dont ask what your team can do for you but what you can do for the team

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

If this is a constant day in day out problem then yes, I suppose it can be a tiresome exercise in dealing with complaints. If it's such a prolific problem then lets discuss ways in combating it.

d1sp0sabl3H3r0, I mean no disrespect to you at all, but I do think your post was a little.. 'sharp'.

POE2 Developer

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X