no voip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no voip

last night, before PW night started. i got kicked twice from squads cos' i could'nt use voip.

now i can understand this,and im NOT complaining, but would like to comment.

at night my girlfriend goes to sleep and i cant use voip until she's well out of it. (no i do not use sleeping pills like some guy told me he does !?! lol)

now i joined a squad and i write that i cant use voip right now and will take the medic role and will stay close to SL.
    i got kicked before i could blink, that happend with a TG squad as well.

both squads were 5/6 for the remain of the round.

i can understand wanting a voip SM in the squad but i rather have an extra medic w/o voip then a 5 man squad.

now, i kicked guys from my squad before, if they were NOT responsive in any way and didnt follow orders.

but if a guy joins my squad and writes "i cant use voip right now will go medic" i know that this guy understands the game a bit, and i will not kick him as long as he is helping the squad.

my point is, dont kick to fast. give someone a chance! you might be missing on some great players!
    at least give him a chance if you are not full,maybe a warning that he might get kicked if a player with voip would like to join.

again im not complaining, as i dont like whining and every SL as a right to do in his squad whatever he likes.

thanks

salvation

Re: no voip

I call team-stacking, hax and shenanigans.

Haikus are easy.
    But sometimes they don't make sense.
    Refrigerator.

Comment

Salvation - I believe this has come up previously.

Does no VOIP mean you don't have a microphone, or that you don't have VOIP enabled and cannot hear your teammates speaking?

If it is no mic, simply state when you join a squad: "No mic, but I can hear you fine and will follow orders." This is NO reason to kick someone from the squad.

If it is no VOIP and you cannot hear your SL or squad mates speaking to you, then that is a requirement of this server, which you should know as a supporting member. You must be able to listen to and follow orders, and having VOIP enabled is a MUST. A nice headset with microphone will cost you less than $50 US.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

I think he means he just cant use his mic?

I would never kick someone from a squad just for not having or using a mic, allthough like you said i would probably put them in a lesser role, especially in an armour squad as i dont like to have no comunications between gunner/driver.

I dont think kicking people without a mic is very friendly either, it gives completely the wrong imrpression of PR and TG.

Comment

Yeah-- I have a great headset from radio shack, i come in 5 and 5 on the radio checks. It only cost me 20$.
          Head down to your local radio shack and go to the headsets section, Buy one with a USB or a dual mic/hearing but make sure you have the 2 ports next to each other on your computer

Comment

Don't worry salvation, the SL'ers just probably missed your message in the chat. It's easy to miss.

Comment

Originally posted by salvation View Post
              at night my girlfriend goes to sleep and i cant use voip until she's well out of it. (no i do not use sleeping pills like some guy told me he does !?! lol)
              i do use voip. and i have headset..
              i dont think a gunner/driver should be w/o voip, and in case of armor squad i would go engie.

just a thought about no voip players..

Comment

Originally posted by caffeine View Post
                I call team-stacking, hax and shenanigans.
                what??

Comment

You don't need sleeping pills lots of turkey and wine should do the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by dave m View Post
                    You don't need sleeping pills lots of turkey and wine should do the trick.
                    actually if i drink wine i go to sleep.. she can really drink alot! ; )

Comment

I suggested a helmet. You need to take my advice. But if you see my squad, feel free to join up. I dont kick, unless... Well, no i dont kick. We just like to have fun.

I am the leader Of the Zombie Defense Militia. We hold think tanks on how to live in a zombie apocalypse.
                      Baseless self confidence kills more people each year than bathtubs.

Comment

this is the same topic as posted by Aus-trooper, can the two be combined?
                        Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                        Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                        Level I HazMat Technician
                        NYS EMT-B
                        Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                        RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                        Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                        Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                        We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
                          this is the same topic as posted by Aus-trooper, can the two be combined?
                          this is the same topic..
                          I will often leave a squad if the SL dosent have, isnt using a mic.., but as far a SM that dosent have a mic, Ive had good results from some players with no Mic before, but the most successfull of the no mic players were intuitive of the squads needs, and would give a (page up) "ROGER" acknowedging me when I asked them to do something. That being said, it is important not to use the in game Verbage when trying to be stealthy and sneak up on an enemy position.

Comment

I don't think its fair to count mic-less tankers out. One round on Qwai I drove and Emdeck gunned for the PLA tanks. We went 68-1. He had no mic.

Comment

Emdeck is awesome spotting. He can type faster than i can talk.

I am the leader Of the Zombie Defense Militia. We hold think tanks on how to live in a zombie apocalypse.
                              Baseless self confidence kills more people each year than bathtubs.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X