PR Ranking System???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PR Ranking System???

Just a curious off topic idea. I liked the idea with vanilla bf2 and their ranking system of sorts. I think PR would benefit from some sort of rank system but not for medals and such, more for weapon allocation priority and the like. I just see a lot of new players running off from their assault squad with their newly acquired sniper rifle when the previous sniper team just died. Indeed its a random and rare problem that can be fixed with comms and such, but if there was some sort of rank system, I believe it would make people learn the game as a grunt before going out as an army of one. For this is a very different game indeed. Just a crazy idea i felt like tossing out there. any feedback?

Re: PR Ranking System???

I believe it would be kind of complicated to do and just stupid because then people start getting egos which is bad for a team.

Comment

You sir shall be burned at the stake.Any last words before the flames are ignited ? I think this is probably the responce you will get from most if not all hardcore PR guys. But good luck with the thread cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Knight-135 View Post
        I believe it would make people learn the game as a grunt before going out as an army of one.
        In PR you start as a army of one and if you are good enough you graduate to a grunt.

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

Comment

No flames here, but I think it would be disastrous, especially if rank is used to determine accessibility to specialized kits - I see nothing but major problems with that (like people tk'ing to get those kits).

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Prioritizing kits by rank would be excessively hard to program in. I salute the idea, and it's always good to see fresh thought on the subject. But there are several reasons why ranking was intentionally omitted in the first place, such as point-whoring, etc. Its simply the kind of vanilla-esque gameplay that PR strongly discourages.

Comment

Not a fan of Ranking systems.

Comment

Please, no. Isnt gametracker enough?
                sigpic Sometimes I rip, other times I RIP.

Comment

Let's keep gametracker out of this;)
                  "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

can u say bf2 all over again HACKERS and STAT PADDING
                    I do not have any ribbons because the TG Ribbons department has not created one for being a boss.

Comment

Why don't we just turn PR back into vBF2? Same damned thing as adding in a ranking system.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
                      In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

I don't know about the "army of one" comments. If you ask me, anyone with an attitude like that should not be playing on the TG PR server. We are all grunts and we should all stay grunts. In PR we do our best to play as a team and seriously discourage if not outright shout down any attempts at egotism and "lone-wolfing". The implementation of a ranking system would do nothing but inspire people to compete with each other within the team and cause problems and hard feelings which prevents proper teamwork. A player who is more interested in getting the most kills on his team is not going to properly support his team and is best left playing vBF2 and not PR on the TG server.

Comment

didnt we allready discuss this and everyone thought it was a bad idea?

Comment

*waits for skud to post in thread*
                            He'll tell you why :P.

Comment

BF2 Ranks = R.A.N.T.S "Rebel And No Team Spirit"

And as for Vanilla Well! Sweet and disgusting not like P.R "Pure & Real"

Sorry I was off on one LOL
                              sigpic
                              "Volatilis Quod Mactabilis"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse