VOIP Issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VOIP Issues

I know there is no known fix to the voip dropping out in game accept to shut down and start the entire game back up.

But it seems odd to me that (since this happend in regular BF2 also) some players dont get it at all. And others (like me) get it every other map - if not the first map i join in on...

So here i want try and figure out a long term fix to this problem.

Please state if you:

-Did a clean reinstall and repatch of your entire BF2 folder recently (past month or three).

-Use a sound card or onboard sound.

-Use a high end microphone/headset or a <30$ one.

-MOST IMPORTANTLY PLEASE STATE HOW OFTEN THIS PROBLEM IS OCCURING, IF AT ALL.

*If you can think of any other possible problems post them here.

Myself:
    I havn't reinstalled or repatched the game since launch.
    Use my motherboards onboard sound.
    Had a cheap 25$ logitech (no offense to logitech). But now own a 60$ plantronics gaming headset.
    And my voip is dropping out atleast every other round.

More info on my system: Nvidia 7600Gt. 3 Gigs of RAM. Intel Core 2 Duo 6400.

Re: VOIP Issues

Try updating your sound drivers?

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
    In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

I found a nice "fix".
      Open up dxdiag, go to sound and turn down the acceleration to basic.
      Played 2 complete rounds, no mic issues.
      Admin can delete this thread if needed, or just let it filter down.

Comment

I've gotten it once or twice; what was odd was that last night my squad VoIP wasn't working, but as Commander my Commander VoIP was. So I could talk to all squads but not single squads.

I was giving orders for about five minutes before realizing it. :row__628:
        |TG-6th|Belhade
        "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

i have had this issue...I Alt Tab out then back in, and it is there working.

sound card, great headset, etc, etc
          sigpic Sometimes I rip, other times I RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by Belhade View Post
            I've gotten it once or twice; what was odd was that last night my squad VoIP wasn't working, but as Commander my Commander VoIP was. So I could talk to all squads but not single squads.

I was giving orders for about five minutes before realizing it. :row__628:
            I have that problem again with 7, although it worked fine during the 6.XX versions.
            |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Humvee View Post
              I found a nice "fix".
              Open up dxdiag, go to sound and turn down the acceleration to basic.
              Played 2 complete rounds, no mic issues.
              Admin can delete this thread if needed, or just let it filter down.
              This fix used to work for alot of sound problems when BF2 was new so I would try it.

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

Comment

i though the fix for this was to hit TAB and then go into the manage section where you can mute people......hit your own mic option and *TADA* your VOIP will be working again.

thats how we fix it on BattleArena. it definetely works...not sure why.
                "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here am I. Send me".

-Isaiah 6:8

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X