Engineers! Don't forget to...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engineers! Don't forget to...

Engineers! Don't forget to mark your mines on the map! With the new 0.75 patch, engineers have to mark "friendly" mines on the map so that they don't get run over by teammates :). [I don't think they show up on the 3d map anymore.. but I could be wrong]

Originally posted by PR Manual
    While holding a mine, the primary communication menu (q comma rose) can be used to place a red warning marker on the team's map.
    Placing a new Marker will delete the old one. [I guess you can only have one marker out]
    The commander also can place and delete this marker
    When teammates run over unmarked friendly mines.. this is what happens:

Avoid unnecessary TK's today!
    Last edited by JCTango; 03-25-2008, 10:17 PM.

Lord of the Mangoes
    In the nuclear world, the true enemy can't be destroyed.
    In the nuclear world, the true enemy is war itself.

Re: Engineers! Don't forget to...

Nice tip, in the same wat some of the other kits will allow you to give out an appropriate radio call for that object, smoke, medic bag, etc

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Yes I think icepepper had about 9 accidental TKs on one round of Qwai because he didn't place markers. It is very important!

Comment

Thanks for the hint. Never knew how to place them, i always thought the Commander place them.

Comment

Yeah, I was one of those who got Iced&peppered by some landmines. I knew he shouted out about 100 times "Landmines by the main road out of pigfarm and secondary roads. I thought he meant the one that goes by the little village to the east, not west. Yeah i lost my tank :(
          sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Originally posted by gijoe View Post
            Yeah, I was one of those who got Iced&peppered by some landmines. I knew he shouted out about 100 times "Landmines by the main road out of pigfarm and secondary roads. I thought he meant the one that goes by the little village to the east, not west. Yeah i lost my tank :(
            were those the invisible ones?

Comment

Another thing is that for those driving vehicles, use common sense. If you know that a squad is defending an area, you can probably bet that there are mines at the entrances. I do agree when placing mines in the field they should be marked, but it should be horribly obvious to anyone with more then one brain cell that there are mines around a defended position.

Comment

Its annoying. There was one jeep, that tried to get out of the main. He saw the engineer laying in the middle of the road, placing mines. He honked his horn, and drove straight through the mines, killing the engineer and himself...

I am the leader Of the Zombie Defense Militia. We hold think tanks on how to live in a zombie apocalypse.
                Baseless self confidence kills more people each year than bathtubs.

Comment

Originally posted by squadexodus View Post
                  Its annoying. There was one jeep, that tried to get out of the main. He saw the engineer laying in the middle of the road, placing mines. He honked his horn, and drove straight through the mines, killing the engineer and himself...
                  Ahhh - another Easter Egg from the DEVs - they programmed Darwin into the .75 patch! Genius!

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

I still think its murphys law...

I am the leader Of the Zombie Defense Militia. We hold think tanks on how to live in a zombie apocalypse.

Comment

for some reason i can only place one mine marker - which is aweful since i will go and put anothe mine field somewhere else after i died

btw: ppl will still drive over mines even though they are marked, that make me look like this:

Comment

:icon_lol:

Its a bit weird to me but some mines dont blow me up, some are marked with a cross bones and some arent and I dont think you can punish for a tk via mine anymore, that is also altered in general

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

It would be nice if they took tk off the mines all together, but thats probably hard coded...

Comment

A mine is a mine. It's not a smart weapon, it knows not friend from foe.

Also SnipingCoward, you do realize that after you die, the mines disappear after a short time? So if you die between placing minefields, the older one will disappear anyway. If you are alive and placing multiple minefields, you could get another Engineer or the CO to mark them for you.

Comment

You cant see markers for enemy Mines, so the best way not to blow yourself up is to look where you are driving, and dont drive over any mines.

Also some maps havnt changed, I forget which one, but sometimes I still see the mine markers.. Qwai maybee?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X