Assets: Rules and Respect

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assets: Rules and Respect

Tonight I played Kashan Desert 32, I made a "Cobra CAS" squad and left it unlocked. Not a single |TG| player joined. Every single person who came in I had never seen yet on the server. They were all public players except for one I had played with before. Another player made a "Pilot" squad. Soon the Commander designated us to the Cobras and the Pilot squad to the Black Hawks. Because of the 20 Minute spawn we took an APC to fill the time. But, as soon as the Cobra's spawned the "Pilot" squad leader landed his BH and took our Cobra. Several times the Commander told this un-named individual to hop out and still no response. With the open Black Hawk sitting there for about 2 minutes as the Pilot squad joy rided with our Cobra, two new "BH" squads were made. You can now see the problem. 2 squads claiming they have dibs on the Black Hawks, a Cobra squad designated to the Cobras by the CO and a "Pilot" squad who are designated to the BH but think they have dibs on all the air assets. I know Dirtboy tried to adress this problem in his earlier post. He told the regulars to let the public players have the assets and to share. But, this statement kind of leaves alot to be desired. I let anyone into the Cobra squad, and I was designated to the Cobras by the Commander. But, that doesn't fix the problem. When this occured I didn't want to spam the chatt (Disposable who was the admin at the time had just kicked a guy in a BH squad for whinning and claiming "That Black Hawk is Mine!"). After trying to reason with the player he responded "I have been playing since the beggining of |TG| and PR. It should just be first come first serve." But soon Disposable put his foot down with the threat of a ban if you took an asset without the Commander's authorization. It was an extremely annoying round for I'm sure Disposable and many of the players who had thought that other players had the maturity and respect to stay with the asset they are given by the Commander.

This is just a big example of what happens countless times. A fight for assets, whether it be armour, helicopters or jets. Its really true "This needs to stop!"

Its just common respect, if a squad has been given a specific asset, you as a player can't just decide to do whatever you want by flying a BH then when you feel like it jump into a Cabra (This isn't vannila). All you will accomplish is diminishing your reputation and getting an attack of spam from the squad who waited for it.

I would just like an admin to list the guidlines and punishments with regards to the assets.

Can just anyone take an asset later to simply ask for an invite to the commander designated squad?

P.S. Sorry if I come of mad or inconsiderate, I'm just a tad annoyed and confused regarding the assets...

Thanks
    -Sonic-
    |TG|
    ||||

Re: Assets: Rules and Respect

Sigh... Choppers/Jets.

Yes, if it was designated to you he should not have taken it.

Also, whoever claimed they were here since the "beginning" of TG is 99% of the time lying...
    Skud

Comment

I was here since the beginning of time.

There is a difference between whining/tattling, and getting what you deserve. If the commander gives it to you, then get an admin if it bothers you if someone takes it. But if the commander doesn't assign it to you it's first come first serve.

Comment

If commander dont assign it to you, ITS A RACE!

Which most of the time i end up winning on account of i always get lucky and spawn next to the asset. ;)

And i dont know/remember who said it but "Its a gentlemens agreement", and im sure everyone has heard and followed that rule. Although there is still a few.....
        sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

report players guys.......its easy and simple, take SS of the infractions etc, and then also PM admins, its the easy way to go, also don't be afraid to call out players in global chat that way all can see even an admin who might not have seen the !reporting, especially if it is done by accident in team chat.
          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
          Level I HazMat Technician
          NYS EMT-B
          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Heh, I've been here longer than most of the players at TG right now, lol. Check out my join date<<<<<<<<, lol...

You know how I solve the asset problem? I walk. And take flags. And we win. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Elwenil View Post
              Heh, I've been here longer than most of the players at TG right now, lol. Check out my join date<<<<<<<<, lol...

You know how I solve the asset problem? I walk. And take flags. And we win. 'Nuff said.
              Roger that, El!!!! Boots on the ground carry the day!!

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

As a Commander I've reported people being asshats on my own team. I'm not being a dick, I just want the quality of players to improve. The only way for that to happen is to cull the herd. Remove the players that are asses and replace them with those that care.

As a friend of mine once said in reference to something else...

"There would be more cool people in the _blank_ if there were more cool people in the _blank_"

I think it's true. There are a lot of good players on TG and a lot of cool players. The more cool players there are the more cool players will come and play. To maintain the level of cool you need to get rid of the crap.
                "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
                "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Thats what I try to do, If I really can't deal with it I'll make a CMDR LACKY squad or an Infantry squad. But its simply the principle, "These guys have been waiting and the CO has given it to them... Ill let them have the asset". Anyway, I would just like to know some guidlines about the assets.
                  |TG|
                  ||||

Comment

there is one problem with asking to kick people who do that though, and that is that if you kick the 2 people flying the cobra your going to have to wait another 20 minutes for it to respawn, and have no cobra on your team, you might aswell wait untill they crash it or die and then kick them?

Comment

Speaking of long time at TG, I thought Disposable was here alot longer then June of last year..... Hmm i guess i lost my sense of time.
                      sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Yeah... That kinda sucks. Hey, whos the noob in the a10 that stole it? Dunno, lets kick him. *Kicks* *A10 Crashes*
                        Huh... Lets sit a base for 20 minutes wasting tickets!

I am the leader Of the Zombie Defense Militia. We hold think tanks on how to live in a zombie apocalypse.
                        Baseless self confidence kills more people each year than bathtubs.

Comment

So true, I guess when fighting over the assets its a lose-lose situation. Better off with an infantry squad...
                          |TG|
                          ||||

Comment

If the CO assigns you to an asset, it's yours. I have no problem with you taking an APC while you wait for the Cobras to spawn, so long as there's no designated APC squad. If there's no CO, it's first come, first crash. I mean served.

As I believe Dirti or Gumball once said, "I call the Apaches for next round. And everyone knows that when you call something, it's yours forever!"
                            |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                            Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by squadexodus View Post
                              Yeah... That kinda sucks. Hey, whos the noob in the a10 that stole it? Dunno, lets kick him. *Kicks* *A10 Crashes*
                              Huh... Lets sit a base for 20 minutes wasting tickets!
                              Ok when has this ever happened? Ever? Seriously. WTF was this comment about?
                              "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
                              "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X