My proposal to a Medic Mini-game :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My proposal to a Medic Mini-game :)

Being a dedicated medic for almost all infantry squads, I would like to see something more interesting happen for this kit :D... this is what I propose :).

What would be interesting for a mini-game for a medic is ... instead of holding up a health pack to heal after a rez, they have to...
    1) disinfect and stop the blood loss with medic bag
    2) setup a line with a syringe
    3) hook up some saline to that line to temporarily replenish fluid loss haha
    4) (medic bag can still be used to simulate basic first aid to heal minor damage)

Medics can have two ways to heal someone after a rez.. steps 1-3, or just step 4... but...

Steps 1-3 should speed up healing time, while medic bag takes a lot longer to heal.

One problem I do see with this is the limited "weapon" slots available :(... maybe they can all be "alternated" with the medic bag key? Just like how c4 has an alternate button to switch from c4 to detonator?

What do you think?
    Last edited by JCTango; 03-28-2008, 07:49 PM.

Lord of the Mangoes
    In the nuclear world, the true enemy can't be destroyed.
    In the nuclear world, the true enemy is war itself.

Re: My proposal to a Medic Mini-game :)

Too much work to simulate something that really isnt essential to gameplay at all.
    Skud

Comment

It's not that bad.. Medic bag to stop bleed, then hit the medic bag again to switch to syringe&saline combo to heal the rezzed person faster. I just want it to be more immersive than just a regular old medic bag.

Besides :) Since many of the players think that medic has been "nerfed" (which imo, it hasn't), why don't we get some luvin' ;) and make the kit more fun to play? I think we deserve some sort of reward for always being the one in the squad to lift up spirits :D

Hell, they should even make a mini game for engineers too... using a magic wrench for everything is getting old lol

Lord of the Mangoes

Comment

Ok, now imagine running into fire to res someone and having to do all of that. The few people who are willing to play the medic kit now would probably give it up and let us all die, lol. As for the Engineer kit, my chosen kit, with as long as it takes to wrench something now, I certainly do not want to complicate the issue with anything more to concentrate on.

Comment

I thought this was going to be something like giving the Medics a PSP so we can play Grand Theft Auto while everyone else is shoveling up a bunker, or sitting in the woods waiting for someone to get shot.
          |TG-6th|Belhade
          "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

What's wrong El, don't want to have to choose between your metric and standard adjustable wrenches?

EDIT - LOL Belhade

|
            |

Comment

It's a nice idea but it would take too long for effective gampelay

Comment

Originally posted by Belhade View Post
                I thought this was going to be something like giving the Medics a PSP so we can play Grand Theft Auto while everyone else is shoveling up a bunker, or sitting in the woods waiting for someone to get shot.
                Love it

Comment

Originally posted by A_Grounded_Pilot View Post
                  What's wrong El, don't want to have to choose between your metric and standard adjustable wrenches?
                  Hell no, lol! And I don't want to have to assemble every mine from it's base parts before placing it either, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Belhade View Post
                    Lol... a few of my friends were joking around the other night about giving people gameboys, psps, and playing cards inside the apc's while we are being transported around

Lord of the Mangoes

Comment

Originally posted by Elwenil View Post
                      Hell no, lol! And I don't want to have to assemble every mine from it's base parts before placing it either, lol.
                      Yeah, and you just KNOW they come sealed up in that impossible-to-open clear plasti-welded packaging. By the time you'd get the pieces open, you'd be getting run over.

|
                      |

Comment

Rofl its not a bad idea but it would take a long time.

Did anyone else see Johny's post?
                        But the medic just slaps the guy and says 'get the hell up, its just a scratch you wuss.I want to be able to bitch-slap the guy I just healed!
                        ROFL XD
                        sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

I always play medic and I love the class however I'd prefere it if I could have a pistal instead of a rifle (this would lead to more medics doing their job). The other thing is I'd like to have more smokes.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
                          Winston Churchill

Comment

As the resident Medical chief-of-staff, I must ask, have you had your CAT scan yet this year? Sure, it might be fun for a while, but making the hardest kit in the game right now even HARDER? Can the medics get a break please? Preferably in the form of a really precise and highly lethal weapon?

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                              As the resident Medical chief-of-staff, I must ask, have you had your CAT scan yet this year? Sure, it might be fun for a while, but making the hardest kit in the game right now even HARDER? Can the medics get a break please? Preferably in the form of a really precise and highly lethal weapon?
                              lol ferris.. the current situation for medics isn't really all that bad, honestly. I've done just as well, if not better with my medic'ing :), mostly due to the fact that squads are forced to stay in close proximity to each other. Couple that with concise comms and frequent map checks, you can easily see who needs your help.

I, for one, welcome challenge :).. Right now the medic kit is hella fun to play. Having something else on top of what we currently have will make it even more immersive.

The key to playing a successful medic right now: Don't tard rush / rez.. AT ALL. Have your buddies give you cover in the direction where your friend was killed, smoke up... rez if you can, fall back and heal up.

Lord of the Mangoes

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X