It's been a long road...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's been a long road...

The 6th Devils Brigade, after much discussion, has decided to leave PR.

We have decided to reorganize and restructure to better accommodate the play style of Arma: Armed Assault. We feel we have out grown the play style of PR. It's too arcadey. Dirtboy has actually been around, just busy with Arma much more than PR or other games. Admin coverage has been sparse as most of our administrating staff within the 6th has moved on to arma.

We have spent many nights and many days on the PR server, but ultimately we want a more diverse and intense realism experience that PR just isn't going to ever offer to us.

Cheers,
    Skud

Re: It's been a long road...

ummm..... I spend a lot of time in the ARMA server, and have yet to see a single yeller' 6th brave enough to jump in

(scratches his head and looks at the calender)

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Nothing has been official yet. We've been on other servers.

Shack Tac

EDIT:

Also, after some talks with FocusedGaming, we plan on switching over at the end of the month.
      Last edited by Apophis; 04-01-2008, 06:48 PM.
      Skud

Comment

Actually, I was the only person in the 6th completely against this, but as many of you have noticed, even I havent been playing PR for the past week or so. Theres a reason: after giving it much thought and seeing the problems the devs are having internally, I dont agree with where PR is headded and would rather not be a part of a sinking ship.

I dont particularly like ARMA, so I'm personally shifting my focus back to Natural Selection, which is where I started from in TG. I'll still be around and on TS/Xfire/Forums though if anyone needs to speak with me about anything. You guys always know where to find me :)

All the best to the PR community, I may return someday if the mod doesnt go where it looks like its going. Good luck to you all - May your ticket counts be high and your JDAMs kill lots of people!

Comment

As you may or may not have noticed that the 6th admins, Dirt, Goat, Wimp, Steiner and I have been absent from PR lately, and frankly we're just getting sick of it and think it's time for something new. It's nothing personal, and we'll try to make a showing occasionally. I hope you guys can find some admins quickly to fill the void of our absence, and I'll still monitor the server occasionally for the next few days before moving on completely. Good luck guys.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

What month is IT? oh yeah April LOL...
            sigpic
            "Volatilis Quod Mactabilis"

Comment

Wow JDAM sized bombshell. Been talking to Ferox recently about ARMA so may bump into one or two of the 6TH at some point. Good luck, will miss being killed by you all lol. I sincerely hope this is an April Fools, nervous lol. I don't care how gullible I look let it be a joke.

Comment

Guys, we've spent thousands of hours on our server.

Just try to be mature.

EDIT: To got further:

The PREMIERE online community for mature gamers.

Originally posted by A.WICKENS View Post
                Wow JDAM sized bombshell. Been talking to Ferox recently about ARMA so may bump into one or two of the 6TH at some point. Good luck, will miss being killed by you all lol.
                Thanks, Wicks
                Skud

Comment

I really, really dislike you guys! SERIOUSLY!!

I QUIT! I've had it! I'm banning you all from the PR server so you CAN'T come back!

Leaving me all alone with these filthy animals!

SCUM!

I QUIT!!!

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

lol, nobody believes anything on 4/1

Comment

Feel free not to believe it if you really do think its a joke. I think you'll quickly realize that it is, in fact, not so.

Comment

We as a collective group have found out that PR brings out the worst in some people. Me for example. I have been really stressed out with it and admining the server doesn't help much. It really takes a toll on my personal life and to be honest with you, I am getting sick and tired of it. I find myself getting really short with players which is not like me at all. I think that moving to ArmA will be a welcomed change to what we, as the 6th, is all about. We were basically waiting for the new patch to come out and it couldn't have come at a better time.

Me personally, I can't play ArmA on my Laptop. But I find myself getting back into the TG CS:S server. It is there where you will most likely find me. Not nearly as stressful. Even though I am done with PR, I will most likely still be around if you need an admin. I might come back if 0.8 is any good...but we will see.

Dirt
                        "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

*Waits for someone to say APRIL FOOLS*
                          EDIT: It Might actually be true.
                          I'll miss some of you, some of you, not as much. Have fun playing ArmA, that game looks great.
                          Last edited by Pwn3ge; 04-01-2008, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Oh well guys, it's been great playing with you, in the short time I have been at TG.

I guess as TG is what it is, there will be new players that will fill your boots just make sure your kit is in good condition before you leave.

Oh and thegreatnardini, you make Chuck Norris look like Danger Mouse, when yer on the field.

R.I.P TG6 1.4.2008
                            sigpic
                            "Volatilis Quod Mactabilis"

Comment

Hey guys, I do understand your frustration. I wish all of you good luck, and hope to play with each of you again at some point. You are a great group of guys.

Dirboy, I agree with you in so many ways. I come off as a prick in PR, not because I am one(somtimes I can be), but because they game IS frustrating!

My sincerest thanks go out you, for making my PR exprience the best it could be.

Good luck,

Turkish
                              |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse