This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• armed assult???

Based on the april fools joke, you guys got me thinking. Is armed assult any good how, does it compare to PR etc

Thanks
    |TG-Irr| Aus-trooper

Re: armed assult???

Originally posted by aus-trooper View Post
    Based on the april fools joke, you guys got me thinking. Is armed assult any good how, does it compare to PR etc

Thanks
    Never played ArmA... but when I get a new computer... and if there's enough player on ArmA I'll switch! But I think PR is the Arcade version of this game... and the player are not as mature as they are on ArmA (well I hope so...) because ArmA is all about patience and coordination if I think about Operation Flashpoint which is in some point the "same".
    Play Tactical Gamer Only

Comment

ArmA is a simulation that makes the largest PR map look like a walk across the lawn. If you have played America's Army, then you have had a taste of what ArmA is like on a much, much smaller scale. I like to say that ArmA is like a cross between America's Army and Falcon 4.0. Falcon was the only game that I can think of that has that scale. It's slow at times and requires some traveling but the weapons are better, the vehicles and aircraft are better, the comms with separate channels is better, and the potential for real teamwork and tactics is better. if someone leans more to the vBF2 side of PR, they will probably not like ArmA, but if you wish there was more to PR, more realism, and something more to do than just charge a flag, then you might have what it takes to get into ArmA.

Comment

Just a little note for you, ARMA 2 comes out this year sometime.

http://www.arma2.com/

Probably next year though since the site's news was updated in august 07

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
        In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

aus-trooper check out the ArmA forum here at TG, everything you have a question for will be answered along with watching videos and looking at screenshots, some of us here who frequent the PR server might know some stuff, but everything you need to know will be found in that forum.
          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
          Level I HazMat Technician
          NYS EMT-B
          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...al-discussion/

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X