Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waiting and Watching... (PR Game Monitor)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting and Watching... (PR Game Monitor)

Games - Server Status - Click on: Battlefield 2 (Project Reality)

Have you ever found yourself about to play PR and before you do you check the TG PR Server Status via the link above just to see what map they are on? Before you even load the game you check the map to see if it's even worth it to load the game. You people who do this know what I mean. Everyone has their favorite maps or the maps they absolutely hate. Maps that hold such bile and burning searing pain in your bellies that you would rather do something completely different than attempt to stomach it by opening up BF2 and playing some PR. Sure there are plenty of other servers out there playing PR but can you really even stand playing on them for more than 15 minutes at a time? I know I can't.

So what I do is before I load up BF2/PR I open a browser. I check the server status and see what map is being played, how many people are on the server and a guesstimation on how far along the game is via points people have. I then decide if I want to start up BF2/PR and hop on.

For example: I checked the server status almost an hour ago. Battle for Quingalinga just started. Since I hate the map with the searing passion of a thousand suns I opted not to start the game and not to join the server until the map was either very near completion or the next one starts. I use the server status to see when that is.

So I was going to start a poll about this but that option is not available to me.

Does anyone else do this?
    Last edited by kilroy0097; 04-03-2008, 11:39 AM.
    "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
    "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Re: Waiting and Watching... (PR Game Monitor)

Yes. Anything to avoid Mestia.
    | |

'Forward, the Light Brigade!
    Charge for the guns' he said:
    Into the valley of Death
      Rode the six hundred.

Comment

Anything to avoid Kashan :)

Comment

No, as I get so little PR time at the moment that I'm happy to play any map that doesn't crash.

Comment

I generally just hop onto the server whatever map is running. There's no maps I 'hate', but I do have favourites.
          |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
          Irregular since 2007.

Comment

If it's during the day, I'll avoid Fool's Road. First, it tends to drag on for hours if you don't have good, solid organized teams. The bleed works if you've got a server full of players who are playing the right way, but I don't think it works for many servers during the slow hours. I don't know that there is a good way to fix that. Second, it runs like crap on my machine (which admittedly is a completely outdated POS). I get like 10fps and it's impossible to kill anything at all. In fact, I'm usually dead before I even see it coming. If I'm with guys I know, it's still fun. I can play medic or engineer and keep the squad going so they can do the killing. But if I'm trying to lead a squad of new PR players and we don't have a CO and it feels like we're the only ones who are doing anything it's just not enjoyable to me. On other maps I can still have fun, but this one just doesn't seem to work that well for me. But like I said, I probably have one of the crappier PR rigs out there, so I think if I had a better computer and perhaps if the tickets could be scaled somehow I would feel different. *shrug*

|
            |

Comment

I do the same...

I usually avoid OGT, Mestia and Quinling 64 (32 is fine)

I enjoy joining when its playing: Jabal, Qwai, Kashan, Bi Ming, EJOD, Kyongan and Fools Road

Comment

I just check using the xfire server favorites browser. As for which map I like, it really depends on my mood :).

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

I use it all the time.. to check the map and to see who is on.

Comment

I do this every time. If Kashan, no way.

Comment

Heh, pansies. I rarely sign on unless Kashan, Qwai, Qinling, Fools Road, or Mestia is on. I'd rather take a stab in the eye with an M9 than play Jabal, Sunset, or any 16 player map.

Comment

Yep. I've recently started doing the same. Pretty good tool there if you know the current maplist (there's a STICKY on it!), so you can check to join a game right before your favorite map starts up.

| |

Comment

Absolutely, plus I get to see if fun people are on, which there always are.
                          |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

I also check mostly to see who's on. Maps I only really care about late at night, if I don't want to get sucked in to a marathon Kashan or Qwai round.
                            |TG-6th|Belhade
                            "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Originally posted by MarineSeaknight View Post
                              Yep. I've recently started doing the same. Pretty good tool there if you know the current maplist (there's a STICKY on it!), so you can check to join a game right before your favorite map starts up.
                              What's funny is I looked at the current maplist and I watched the rounds last night.

The maplist and the rounds did not match in order.

So I have no idea what the maplist is now but it's not what is posted.
                              "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
                              "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X