This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kicking top player to make room

I was kicked due to admin decision, reason being - to make room.

I hate to boast, but i was top player and squad leader of #1 squad also. I know you don't consider this when you kick people but i come to the server when ever i play and respect the rules everytime.

Can the admins be a little more selective of whom they kick?

...please don't break the bad news and tell me it's totally random...

Re: Kicking top player to make room

its not random. Its the person who has been on the server the longest. Which is all said in the server rules and SOPs, someone dint read them..... :)

and the admins dont kick, our auto script does.
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Darn... ok, so even though someone's tearing it up and playing correctly they get kicked because they've been in the longest? Is there any way to work around that in the auto script? Dont_kick_top_player=1

Comment

yeah its the only way to let everyone play as long as they can. Only way around it is to rejoin the server after you have been playing for awhile. Like during crappy maps and people leave.
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

It would go against the TG emphasis on team play. And the aim to get rid of the more extreme 'puby' play.

For example the 'score' is based on points -so you let's say you are at the front and so happen to get top position.

But what happens to the low scoring engineer that blows radar or mines roads, or the Special ops, scouting troop movements for the commander? Both are vital and maybe are the game turners. It would not be fair on these people - who usually go un-noticed in the critical events of a match - and believe me when I say this. I learnt it today when behind lines I saw a guy know exactly how to destroy the enemies' building base abilities and assets, by mining roads, destroying radar and bunkers, harassing the enemy and making them withdraw troops to protect these vital interests - to the point our team won comortably. No big squads, no big names, no big score, no big exit in applause, no big write up after biging friends and names up.

In these cases, scores, to excuse the pun, just don't add up to anything.

Best left as it is. It's very fair this way. Besides, just log back in :) Even join your old squad! Better to do that. When you are on a loosing team, if the squads' good and your all having fun, why not log on and join them again. Better than teamswitching (by which I mean those who seem to not like being on the loosing side/guns/friends not about etc etc). I'm sure they would have seen you be ejected, so will understand and be happy to see you back - we've all been there in that eject hotseat.

Comment

This comes up every so often and has been discussed a lot, of course.

Regardless, like a few guys have posted above, the current system fairly allows non-Supporting Members to spend time on our servers, and we're pretty happy with how it works. We all get used to it. Heck, some of us even go SM after a while... ;)
            OPS, the bacon is on you.

Comment

sigh.............another player who doesn't read the rules/reasons of TG regarding supporting/non-supporting membership.........sigh.........top player isn't in the word teamwork.
              Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
              Level II Volunteer FireFighter
              Level I HazMat Technician
              NYS EMT-B
              Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
              RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
              Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
              Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
              We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Score and points mean nothing. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Considering a player could be Medic or Engineer an entire round and not kill a single enemy but do more reviving and healing or more building and repairing than the rest of the team combined they will barely make the top 20 at the end of the round. Score obviously does not factor in to just how valuable that sort of teamwork and player action is to their team and to their squad.
                  "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
                  "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Humvee View Post
                    Is there any way to work around the auto script?
                    Yah there is!!! $8.99/month buys you supporting membership for all TG servers and allows you to get into full servers and not be kicked. A small price to pay IMHO...

Comment

Actually, being a member does NOT prevent you from being kicked. If you are on the server longest you may still get kicked. Membership is not immunity.
                      "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
                      "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by kilroy0097 View Post
                        Actually, being a member does NOT prevent you from being kicked. If you are on the server longest you may still get kicked. Membership is not immunity.
                        Excuse me? If you're a supporting member and you properly input your ID into your forum profile, you should be immune to the kick and also automatically kick the longest non-SM when you join. If everyone on the server is an SM, you should get a "server full" message...
                        I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

These pop up occasionally, and everything that needs to be said has been said countless times. And no Kilroy, you should not be getting kicked if you are a supporting member :)

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X