Increased lag since PB/shader message

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increased lag since PB/shader message

Anyone else noticed an increase in lag since the punkbuster message about shaders. I'm not very knowledgeable about these things but I have been suffering with horrendous bouts of lag in the last few days where I didn't before. I have everything set to high in settings and I used to have PB issues a few months ago before evenually resolving them when I finally got an update/reinstall to stick.

I have no clue why this is happening as I didn't use to lag. My rig is I suppose about average

Athlon 64X2 2.42 dual core
    2 GB RAM
    8800 GTS 320MB o/c 2

If anyone else has noticed/suffered this I'd be interested to hear.

Cheers

Wicks

Re: Increased lag since PB/shader message

I have noticed this also, and for some reason it now takes a longer amount of time on certain maps for the game to load. I noticed quite a bunch of lag yesterday on fools road especially. From time to time i have had some lag on that map but yesterday especially in the dense wooded area the amount was horrendous...i felt as if i was on a 56k dialup connection and my prodigy account was going haywire. (some lingo from the early days of internet/bbs)
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

I seem to get crappy frame rates even with better graphics card now. On fools road i cant get over 40fps with everything on medium and no AA and it gets down to about 20fps.

I have a
      Athlon X2 dual core 4200
      2 gig memory
      8800 GTS 640mb running at 1680x1050

I changed out my video card about the same time as the update so i did not track my fps before that.

Comment

Try a reboot any time a map gets really jerky. I think fragmented memory has a large effect on paging textures

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Had it too on Kashan.

My graphics totally changed and there was lag.

When logging out of PR the compter ground to a halt.

A reboot seemed to solve it.

Comment

Thanks chaps I am sort of glad it's not just me but obviously not happy that anyone is having problems. Will try the age old I.T. solution of turning it off and on again lol.

Comment

anyone tried to use a memeory defrager to avoid the reboot ?

Comment

Not yet. Been too busy since last night. Looks as though some of us will be tramping that path soon though!

Comment

Join the club fella...no probs before the new patch now LAG is my middle name..
                  sigpic
                  "Volatilis Quod Mactabilis"

Comment

Have you noticed a drop in your FPS or you just notice jitter screens ?

Comment

I had really bad problems with BF2 in general and since I reinstalled it, with PR, PB and every other update I could, everything works fine. I bought a program that solved all my memory problems, wich is Registery Booster. In brief it scans your registery and fixes mis-allocations and memory errors you encounter for 30$. I've scan 2 or 3 times since the begginning of the year and my comp is boasting interesting performance now!

I play PR 1024x768 @ 60hz on medium setting except for texture filtering (high, wich I found better viewing distance) and I have a below average rig:

AMD 64 3500+ (2.21GHZ) w/ 1ghz of Ram
                      Gforce 8600 GT

I get lag sometimes (1-2 seconds) on game startup but not as much as you guys seem to suffer from...

Comment

Guys, is this a problem you've all had since the new patch, or since this weekend?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

No problems per se since the new patch which has been pretty smooth I have to say. just in the last few days since the shaders message. Its nearly every map the last two days, periodic horrendous bouts of lag. Audio and visual lag, plus a delay on key actions. Slow standing up, slow response on other things as well. Hard for a rock head like me to explain but it's only started happening since the new PB message.

Comment

Originally posted by A.WICKENS View Post
                            No problems per se since the new patch which has been pretty smooth I have to say. just in the last few days since the shaders message. Its nearly every map the last two days, periodic horrendous bouts of lag. Audio and visual lag, plus a delay on key actions. Slow standing up, slow response on other things as well. Hard for a rock head like me to explain but it's only started happening since the new PB message.
                            I had this message two months ago and simply updated PB, did you?

Comment

I have only been kicked once for 'dropped hearbeats' whatever that is. Its just the lag thats driving me insane. I possibly wrongly assumed that unless PB is kicking me I should leave it alone, especially in light of the previous problems I have had everytime I have to update that virus of a program lol.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X