This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarification on stealing vehicles.

When going through the rules for password night I was under the impression that players were not to take vehicles that were being used by other squads. Then while playing today I have a command truck with my entire squad in it, we get out to build a firebase and the 1 guy not in the squad jumps in the driver seat and takes off in it leaving us all sitting on a hill. I shot him in the head so my squad can get the truck back to build and then he cries to an admin and I get kicked.

Previously I got in trouble for taking someone elses vehicle when i had just started playing on the mod so i do not understand why I am the bad guy for being mad at someone for stealing my squads vehicle. I can understand if the guy who is taking the vehicle has a TG tag and is a member of your community. On our BF2 server we do what we want because it is our server, fair is fair, you guys own the server i dont. But I do not see why i should be kicked while leading my squad because some random dude cried when i killed him for stealing our vehicle and stopping us from setting up a forward firebase. I understand you guys dont promote intentional TKs, I dont run around TKing people and I belive you have the punish system in place for the reason of monitoring people who are continually TKing. I also did not see any rule on the bf2 rule section that says it is cool for people to steal vehicles nor is there a rule there saying i will get kicked for killing 1 person on our team.

At the same time, I want to also clarify that I was the SL of a squad of friends on vent and we were communicating and planning what we were doing. I was not in some random squad of people who were running all different directions.

Do the admin's typically automatically side with whoever jumps on the TG teamspeak first to complain? It seems completely lopsided that the squadleader who is following the CO's orders with his squad gets kicked because some other SL who ran off alone in a truck with an entire different squad complains. Before kicking me for killing him I would think you would want to know why a SL left his squad and drove across the map with a different squad. It seems that i was the one following the orders of the CO, he was not, and following CO orders and giving orders to your squad if you are a SL -are- rules on the server, rules that i was following.

Re: Clarification on stealing vehicles.

Did you ask him to bring the truck back and that you guys were using it?

In any event, I wouldn't intentionally tk someone, even if what they did was wrong.. if he stole your truck from you and wouldn't return it, I'd ask the admin to get him to comply.

2 wrongs don't make a right.

Lord of the Mangoes
    In the nuclear world, the true enemy can't be destroyed.
    In the nuclear world, the true enemy is war itself.

Comment

Re: Clarification on stealing vehicles.

Originally posted by xCry0x View Post
      When going through the rules for password night I was under the impression that players were not to take vehicles that were being used by other squads. Then while playing today I have a command truck with my entire squad in it, we get out to build a firebase and the 1 guy not in the squad jumps in the driver seat and takes off in it leaving us all sitting on a hill. I shot him in the head so my squad can get the truck back to build and then he cries to an admin and I get kicked.
      There's your first problem. If someone is breaking the rules, i.e. stealing vehicles, report them to an admin, don't shoot them in the face. Breaking the rules because someone broke the rules is not a good argument and will get you kicked.

Originally posted by xCry0x View Post
      Previously I got in trouble for taking someone elses vehicle when i had just started playing on the mod so i do not understand why I am the bad guy for being mad at someone for stealing my squads vehicle. I can understand if the guy who is taking the vehicle has a TG tag and is a member of your community. On our BF2 server we do what we want because it is our server, fair is fair, you guys own the server i dont. But I do not see why i should be kicked while leading my squad because some random dude cried when i killed him for stealing our vehicle and stopping us from setting up a forward firebase. I understand you guys dont promote intentional TKs, I dont run around TKing people and I belive you have the punish system in place for the reason of monitoring people who are continually TKing. I also did not see any rule on the bf2 rule section that says it is cool for people to steal vehicles nor is there a rule there saying i will get kicked for killing 1 person on our team.

At the same time, I want to also clarify that I was the SL of a squad of friends on vent and we were communicating and planning what we were doing. I was not in some random squad of people who were running all different directions.

Do the admin's typically automatically side with whoever jumps on the TG teamspeak first to complain? It seems completely lopsided that the squadleader who is following the CO's orders with his squad gets kicked because some other SL who ran off alone in a truck with an entire different squad complains. Before kicking me for killing him I would think you would want to know why a SL left his squad and drove across the map with a different squad. It seems that i was the one following the orders of the CO, he was not, and following CO orders and giving orders to your squad if you are a SL -are- rules on the server, rules that i was following.
      Both vehicle stealing and teamkilling are against the rules. You teamkilled someone intentionally, and that action warrants a kick, regardless of the other person's actions. If someone stole your vehicle you report them or ask them for it back. For all you know the commander could have told him to take it, or he could have simply not realized it was yours. And yes, if someone takes the time to go into teamspeak to talk to an admin about someone else breaking the rules we will act. If the CO was having a problem with this particular person they could have also reported him to an admin. I'm closing this thread, if you have any more questions please bring it up privately via the Contact and Admin forum.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X