Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys, check out this new map...

Hey everyone.
    I recently found a very neat, very well-made map in the "community mods" section of the PR 'official' forums. Its called Khara (those of you who've seen Ross Kemp should be familiar with this location), and its really brilliantly made. Its a British vs. Insurgent map, but not an "insurgency" map. Its AAS, resembling more of the Basra type gameplay of .5. Its really coming under way.

Its basically a map with a valley in the center, surrounded by mountains. There's a few insurgent strongholds up in the hills to the east, and a British outpost in the hills to the west. In the valley is a town, and to the south is a British base.
    The Brits have a Merlin, APCs, and an Apache (which spawns after the town in the valley is capped).

Me and Ollie were checking it out yesterday, and it really looked amazing.
    I have been getting some lag issues, and theres still a few bugs and kinks that need to be worked out (such as a wierd outside-the-map texture). However, I think that some of them have been fixed with the "newest" version (which was released yesterday, I think).

Anyways, guys, check the map out. I think theres been talk about it being included in .8, though I'm not exactly sure, it dosn't really seem to fit the 'new' type of wide-open map and large, combined-arm combat that the newest patchs have been supplying.
    The link to the site is here:
    http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f66-...an-map-10.html
    .... and heres a youtube video of the newest version of the map:
    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3oQG8xXcos[/media]
    Download the newest version, 8.8, and have fun guys!
    See you on the battlefield!
    Last edited by Corporal_Cody; 04-11-2008, 08:06 AM.

Re: Hey guys, check out this new map...

Wow, it really does look awesome..

"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."

Comment

Looks great, especially the sky... nice find.
      Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Yeah seems like its gonna be intense. Imagine that map with like 128 players!
        sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

... now that would be even 'better' than Karkand. ;)

Comment

I've d/l v8.8 and it looks great... few gliches on the steep hills and some textures on the groud, but in all it's amazing! Last time I saw a good looking map like this was in PR0.5 with Steal Thunder.

Game play I can't say, but I think this would make a great addition to the rotation on the TG server... I guess it will be played like Metisa

I give it a 8 out of 10!

Comment

Looks awesome, and is really a map that I would like to play.
              sigpic
              The Royal Lifeguards

Comment

Very nice. Waiting to play.

Comment

Great looking map, lotsa potential ambush points. I hope they do include it in the next PR patch.

Anyone recognize the music used in the video? I know ive heard it somewhere and its bugging me...

nm, its from the Battlestar Galactica season 2 soundtrack "Black Market"

Comment

I forgot which folder to unzip it into...

Comment

You simply unzip it into your BF2 PR maps section....
                      Here: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\pr\levels

And you're good to go!

Comment

the map is really really really nice. The guy who made is just posted a change log for .9 version of the map so i cant wait till thats released. the map is simply beautiful. I havent really traveled in the mountain area but it seems amazing. There are some bugs and some lack of foliage but that will hopefully fixed soon.

Comment

Hey guys,

CodeRedFox here the maker of the Khara map. Thanks for taking interest. I will be gone all weekend so i wont be able to play but I hope the map works out well for you all.

If you do end up running on your server please let me know of any problems you come across.

My goal is to make a map that doesn't have to be 2k or 4k but a mostly infantry map making the player work in 3d space: mountains, hills, valleys, riverbeds. This is one of the reason I made the mountains very jagged. If PR decides never to use it I will port it to vBF2. But this is something I don't want to do. I haven't played vBF2 in two years :-P

KHARA V0.9 - Change List / Todo's (thursday)

Map:
                          + Re-render light map and optimized
                          + Surrounding map will get a small update (visual)
                          + More houses / Villages will been placed in the hills
                          + More mountain trails will be added
                          + Add a 32 player version (with valley areas being taken instead of towns and houses)
                          + Fix the mini map again (back to a contour map)
                          + UK base will be updated and look more "real". Two ideas:
                          --> Modern UK base (i.e Camp Bastion)
                          --> Old 1880's British base worked into a modern day base (Helmand province)

Comment

First, welcome to the TG forums! :D

Second, great map, I can't wait to play on it! Hope the TG admins will see this and add it to the rotation.

BTW, will you put water in the river bed? It's blue on the map (like the topographic look), but it's dry! If you get stuck in it with a Landrover or pickup it can become buggy if you try to get out on the steap sides.

Cheers,
                            Nix

Comment

This looks awsome! its time for some new maps !
                              PR ingame name - |TG-Irr| SilverJohn

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X