Score Bug?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Score Bug?

Is there some sort of score bug/glitch because today i was on some random server playing zatar and was in the little bird and did a strafting run on a bunker and went back to rearm and my score went from 0-2047 in mater of seconds it was at zero when i went to check if i got any kills from the run and my points just started to rise by the 50s and then once my squad leader saw this he thought i was hacking and them he got the whole server to try and get me ban

i have never hacked before please help me

sorry if this is not the right area to post this in
    I do not have any ribbons because the TG Ribbons department has not created one for being a boss.

Re: Score Bug?

i think there is a bug with the scoring, i have seen many people with outrageous scores, the other day on qwai a guy had a 9000 score at the end of the round, so he was either absoluteley amazing or there was a bug with some type of scoring, lb maybe?

Comment

This is definitely a bug. I had the pleasure of squadding with a player during Thursday's password night who scored over 5000 on Jabal. As he was playing medic, I'm pretty sure he didn't earn those points (although, he was a good medic). Personally, I find this bug to be more of an amusement than a problem, but if people are being accused of hacking then perhaps it should be taken more seriously.

Comment

I agree, it especially sinks in when i have mowed down 5 people with a SAW and they have all died and then respawn, and I am only awarded one kill.

But oh well......in only certain cases like that, i want to be acknowledge for my license to kill, and to slowly demoralize the other team as they watch their tickets go down to zero.
        Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
        Level II Volunteer FireFighter
        Level I HazMat Technician
        NYS EMT-B
        Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
        RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
        Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
        Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
        We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

I agree, there is definitely a bug in the system. I think I have twice taken the top spot on the PR server for doing nothing out of the ordinary, just the usual Engineer work. On our server it's no big deal since we are aware of the bug and score really means nothing here anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Charity Case View Post
            This is definitely a bug. I had the pleasure of squadding with a player during Thursday's password night who scored over 5000 on Jabal. As he was playing medic, I'm pretty sure he didn't earn those points (although, he was a good medic). Personally, I find this bug to be more of an amusement than a problem, but if people are being accused of hacking then perhaps it should be taken more seriously.
            Yeah, Charity Case picked up a hostile sniper kit for the last 15 minutes of that round and ended up getting the best sniper score. It is quite an amusing bug.

Comment

Originally posted by google View Post
              Yeah, Charity Case picked up a hostile sniper kit for the last 15 minutes of that round and ended up getting the best sniper score. It is quite an amusing bug.
              well the best snipe did go to the right charity case:row__536:
              Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
              Level II Volunteer FireFighter
              Level I HazMat Technician
              NYS EMT-B
              Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
              RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
              Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
              Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
              We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

who cares about score, i personally think they should get rid of the entire tab screen as all it does is lean towards stat whores who are the ones that never follow orders and break rules.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
                In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

i mostly use the tab screen to see who im up against when im flying, other then that i dont really use it.
                  sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Originally posted by kittykatnub View Post
                    who cares about score, i personally think they should get rid of the entire tab screen as all it does is lean towards stat whores who are the ones that never follow orders and break rules.
                    ^^QFT. And I've seen/been a victim of the bug before, except mine was a bit different. I was playing medic and I revived a downed teammate when he was right at 0 seconds (everyone has seen the miraculous revive before, so you know what I'm talking about). After I revived the teammate, I would get the "zap" sound about every 10 seconds. Each time I got the sound, I noticed that my score jumped by 32 teamwork points and 12 regular points. By the end of the round, my score had reached over 5000 points. It was kinda funny.

Comment

The tab screen can be useful to confirm kills

Comment

I know score isn't important, and I don't rely on my score to determine wether I've had a good round or not. But since it's there, I usually look at it at the end of a round, and sometimes even when I stick to my teamates all game, ammo them, repair them, place mine fields, heal, revive, kill enemies near flags etc... I get a minus teamwork score...

Comment

Sometimes very high scores are related to the destruction of bunkers and firebases next to command posts - the asset will continue to get repaired but blow up again immediately, and the guy who destroyed it in the first place gets points everytime.

Comment

Originally posted by [R-PUB]bosco View Post
                            Sometimes very high scores are related to the destruction of bunkers and firebases next to command posts - the asset will continue to get repaired but blow up again immediately, and the guy who destroyed it in the first place gets points everytime.
                            This must be what happened with my squad on Jabal because we wrecked an enemy fire base and then it proceeded to automatically rebuild and destroy itself for about three minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by google View Post
                              The tab screen can be useful to confirm kills
                              I believe it doesn't tally kills until the killed player respawns, so it will take quite some time to confirm your kill.
                              |TG-6th|Belhade
                              "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X