Regarding Fool's Road

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding Fool's Road

I really don't like this map and I know that many would agree with me. This map also takes a long time to play out (2 hours or so) which really just kind of wastes the time of people who don't enjoy this map at all.

Thus, my proposal is to get a poll and if more people don't like it then we can remove it from the serverlist. Many will say that the ultimate decision goes to the admins. However, I think it should be the community's decision.

I don't know how to make a poll but I think an admin can add one.

Re: Regarding Fool's Road

Repeat the above comment and replace "Fool's Road" with "Battle for Quiling".

If Fool's Road gets removed I demand Battle for Quiling be removed.

Making this harder I know. :)
    "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
    "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Fools road shoulld be counter attack like the BF2 map (forget the name) where one usa has all flags tanks then spawn for mec. I reckon that'd make the map much better. Plus give the brits airtrans ............ lots of this map is never seen and there's alot of great features like fort by enemy nain etc
      Gerardnm

Comment

Originally posted by kilroy0097 View Post
        Repeat the above comment and replace "Fool's Road" with "Battle for Quiling".

If Fool's Road gets removed I demand Battle for Quiling be removed.

Making this harder I know. :)
        If Qinling goes, then Kashan should too.
        My point is, you cannot make everyone happy, so we should let all the maps stay in, unless they are Hamgyong that is.

PS: Can Kashan go? Please? :)

Comment

Every so often someone posts a thread regarding the removal of one map or another. This is why we change up the rotation every once in a while so the maps play at diffrent times, so your usual gaming time has some variation.

I like Fools Road. It happens to be one of my favorite maps. The maps that I dont enjoy, I simply sit them out.

Careful asking for the removal of a map, if they acquiesce and remove the map that you dislike, your favorite could be next.

Comment

The maps are so far and few in between that removing any maps right now will only shrink the variety of scenery.
            TG has already removed a number of the maps from vanilla, and what we're left with is a very small selection until PR releases more in 0.8.

There are maps I hate too, but I still play them. You have to take the bad with the good...TG can't cater to everyone and always make sure every map played is everyone's favorite.
            [TF21] Halcyon

Comment

I for one like Fools Road, it's a great infantry map, great for TEAM WORK.
              sigpic
              "Volatilis Quod Mactabilis"

Comment

For every one player that hates a map, there are 10 that like it.

We try to change up the rotation as much as possible to keep variety, but let's be honest here, our choices are limited.

Here are the maps available in the .75 release:

7Gates
                Al Basrah *
                Al Kufrah Oilfields
                Assault on Mestia
                Battle For QinLing
                Bi Ming
                Daqing Oilfields
                Ejod Desert
                Fools Road
                Gulf Of Oman
                Hills Of Hamgyong
                Jabal Al Burj
                Kashan Desert
                Operation Archer *
                Operation Ghost Train
                Qwai River
                Road To Kyongan Ni
                Sunset City
                Zatar Wetlands

* Cannot be run, crashes server

So, there are 19 maps available, 17 of which we can run. Everyone hates Hills Of Hamgyong, now we're down to 16. The rotation has 14 maps in it (16 actually, we run Qwai 16 and Kashan 16 because they offer a different style of game play than the 64 player versions).

We know the maps are stale, and the available PR maps include 3 vanilla maps that were converted to PR, so they're 3 years old at this point (and STILL suck for PR). There's only so many different ways to mix it up, and at the end of the day you're still going to be playing maps you've played countless times before.

We're doing the best we can with what we've got available right now. The admins are tired of the maps, too. Let's just all suck it up and hang in there, .8 will be out soon and there will be plenty of new maps in that - maybe enough that we can set up a really nice rotation and put some of the same old tired maps into mothballs for a while. Just be patient.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

I think best thing to do is like pancho said ' Sit it out '. Thats what i do when i see a map i dont like. And usualy when maps end a few ppl leave, so its normaly not a problem getting back in.
                  PR ingame name - |TG-Irr| SilverJohn

Comment

If we are speculating what would make the map a little more balanced... I think some Jetranger helos for militia would be believable and help miltia have a fighting chance.

Removal of the map is probably not a good idea because it sets a bad precident ;)

And if the old kashan desert didnt get removed (its pretty fun now even to me, a former hater) this definatly won't lol

Comment

yeah....what everyone else said. except get rid of sunset city...with only one flag besides the main bases it becomes a race/baserape horror show that usually gets me too frustrated to want to finish.

Comment

oh...and besides: fools road is super fun!

Comment

Actually KAshan 16 player version (full map no armour or gunships etc) is one of the best games to play....rapid air insertion, big infantry tactics......its great. shows how maps can be played in different ways. We should try to eperiment with maps
                          Gerardnm

Comment

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post
                            We're doing the best we can with what we've got available right now. The admins are tired of the maps, too. Let's just all suck it up and hang in there, .8 will be out soon and there will be plenty of new maps in that - maybe enough that we can set up a really nice rotation and put some of the same old tired maps into mothballs for a while. Just be patient.
                            point taken

Comment

When I was more active it seemed like this map was on every time I logged on. The map seems so bland to me, everything you do requires far too much planning, patience and co-ordination. Maps like this make the game more like work than a relaxing game. It's ok if you are leading all competent squad members or you have a good SL but I like playing with new people and that is really not possible now.

What happened to the days of sneaking about in the grass in Mao Valley and quick-paced ferocious battles on Op Phoenix...

Don't get me wrong I can play serious when I want but chill-out maps are needed in between them. Not 16 player maps as they are complete bs imo.
                              Before the effect one believes in different causes than one does after the effect.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X