X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One manning a Tank is SO REAL!!!

THAT IS IT!
    ONE MANING A TANK IS NOT REAL AT ALL!
    in the rules says that we should be taking this game as real as posible, and we are agree about the using of the HAT for the proper use... so... Why ONEMANNING ARMOURS is not a FAULT!?
    Think about it...
    Elemanoel out!
    [PRLA] Elemanoel

De la cuna de Fangio

Re: One manning a Tank is SO REAL!!!

We do not dictate this as a rule:

1) The driver could be taking the tank to pick up his gunner
    2) The driver/gunner may have been kicked for a SM
    3) The driver/gunner may have disconnected due to lag/connection issues
    4) The driver/gunner may have disconnected because they wanted to disconnect
    5) The driver/gunner may have jumped into the .50 cal position and gotten killed
    6) The driver/gunner may be a fool

We don't know, and we're not kicking people from the server for it. We already have enough rules.

If they are ordered by their SL to not take a tank solo, this is an issue that can be brought up to the admins, or you just kick them from the squad.

If the CO orders the team not to 1-man a vehicle, this is an issue that can be reported to the admins.

You are 100% correct elemanoel, but we will not be adding a rule for this for the same reason we don't require chopper or jet pilots to have some type of imaginary certification to fly.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Could just try and ask the person, if they unresponsive for more than 2 minutes then report.
      "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
      'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

I dream of vehicle and aircraft badges earned by basic training courses and supported by the engine to auto kick anyone out of a specific platforms that do not possess the required badges.

I dream of Jeannie also cuz who wouldn't want a rocking hot chick genie who is willing to give you anything and blink anything into existence for you? Major Nelson was a fool.

Oh and before anyone else can say it... "Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!". There got that out of the way.
        "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
        "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

It might be a pain in the rear end when you consider bringing vehicles out to people, but I see a positive change to the code might be in developing some system where a vehicle such as a tank or an APC wouldnt even move if the two primary seats (driver and gunner) arent filled. It would certainly eliminate one man tanking once and for all.

Comment

Originally posted by kilroy0097 View Post
            I dream of Jeannie also cuz who wouldn't want a rocking hot chick genie who is willing to give you anything and blink anything into existence for you? Major Nelson was a fool.
            Now there's a man who knows his stuff!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
              It might be a pain in the rear end when you consider bringing vehicles out to people, but I see a positive change to the code might be in developing some system where a vehicle such as a tank or an APC wouldnt even move if the two primary seats (driver and gunner) arent filled. It would certainly eliminate one man tanking once and for all.
              A better idea would be to make it so the gunner position could not be taken unless there was a driver present. That would still allow tanks with killed or kicked crewmen to make it back to safety and allow players to transport vehicles if needed. It probably can't be coded that way, but if possible, it would guarantee the end of players taking a tank without the minimum crew in place since there wouldn't be much point in taking a tank if you couldn't use the main gun.

Comment

Nah because a tank can be used solo it just takes longer to do everything, sometimes tanks are entrenched and used like artillery I think. This strategy was mentioned by ABA for a forthcoming game if I read right

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I dream of vehicle and aircraft badges earned by basic training courses and supported by the engine to auto kick anyone out of a specific platforms that do not possess the required badges.
                  So Americas Army style? Man the medic course was boring...

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
                  Nah because a tank can be used solo it just takes longer to do everything, sometimes tanks are entrenched and used like artillery I think. This strategy was mentioned by ABA for a forthcoming game if I read right
                  I guess that makes sense if you want more boots on the ground. With the reverse gear so slow now it's almost more lucrative to stay and fight in any instance if you're playing defensively with a tank. But during any type of travel a one man tank is in serious need of a proctologist because they're gonna get... well... you know what proctologists fix.

Comment

Anyone who solos a tank has a special place reserved for them in hell.

A special place...
                    [TF21] Halcyon

Comment

Originally posted by Halcyon View Post
                      Anyone who solos a tank has a special place reserved for them in hell.

A special place...
                      Yea the same corner of hell with the door to door salesmen and lawyers.

Comment

Originally posted by Elwenil View Post
                        A better idea would be to make it so the gunner position could not be taken unless there was a driver present. That would still allow tanks with killed or kicked crewmen to make it back to safety and allow players to transport vehicles if needed. It probably can't be coded that way, but if possible, it would guarantee the end of players taking a tank without the minimum crew in place since there wouldn't be much point in taking a tank if you couldn't use the main gun.
                        That would work!
                        Skud

Comment

Could that be possible if you used a ranking system thats in Vanilla?, make it so you have to get so many points before you can unlock your pilot kit. It won't stop it altogether but could maybe limit ( so only experienced players can use the jets )

Comment

Originally posted by Eavy Gunner View Post
                            Could that be possible if you used a ranking system thats in Vanilla?, make it so you have to get so many points before you can unlock your pilot kit. It won't stop it altogether but could maybe limit ( so only experienced players can use the jets )
                            yeah but if u are trying to stop the not so experienced players from getting the pilot kit with the vanilla ranking system they can just pick up a pilots kit that an experienced played dropped when he was killed or tk
                            I do not have any ribbons because the TG Ribbons department has not created one for being a boss.

Comment

Originally posted by Elwenil View Post
                              Two major problems with this suggestion:
                              1. Drivers often exit the tank during patrols which shuts down the engine, allowing the crew to hear the sounds around them (such as an enemy tank). If the gunner position were disabled due to the absence of the driver, this would not be viable.

2. When the treads become damaged, the driver will often man the .50 while the engineer makes emergency repairs. If the gunner position were disabled due to the absence of the driver, it would be far less realistic and far less exciting.

It is impossible to stop people from using weapons in undesirable ways except to change the rules or game mechanics so drastically that playing the game becomes too difficult to manage or play. One-manning a tank is already ineffective due to the 30 second fire delay and it's not going to get any better than that without ruining other parts of the game.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X