3D Iron Sights!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D Iron Sights!

Hey everyone, its just me again, telling you about another really cool creation that, hopefully, we'll get to see in .8!

This time, I'm talking about 3D iron sights. They look absolutely incredible! Instead of having the 2D "picture" of the sights, what this does is uses the actual in-game weapon model. By lining up the sights of the weapon model, we get a really awsome pair of 3D iron sights.

This looks so much more realistic guys. Its also alot harder to aim in-game, but in real-life, thats sort of the way it should be. Having actually shot guns before, I for one can say that these sights look much more like the real deal.

Anyways, enough of me blabbering on about how real they look, take a look at them for yourself:

(newest version)
    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RREEwWTLp7k&fmt=6[/media]

(older)
    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay0sCK2sPsQ[/media]

(oldest)
    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wGo2ZVeVDs[/media]

As you guys can see for yourself, they look great. Also, there is a real possibility that these might be included ingame. Rhino and the other mods have expressed their interest in these iron sights, and recently Mosquill, the one who made the sights, has been [R-Con]'ed. If this dosn't show that theres a possibility, then I'm not sure what would.

Anyways, thanks alot guys for looking!
    Adios, Cody.

Re: 3D Iron Sights!

cool find. Hope it gets added also.

Comment

Yeah thats pretty neat, also it looks like there is reduced kick now too.
      sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Looks nice, would love to try this but when you bring the gun up and it goes into the middle of the screen it feels somehow wrong, it almost like the gun and the crosshair (aiming point) should be a little to you right on the monitor.

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

Comment

Sorry to piss on your bonfire, but old "2D" sight picture is far more realistic.

That AK looks 6 feet long in those clips and you can't even see the protective hood on the front sight, let alone the front sight blade itself.

Unless you have your lower jaw removed and your right shoulder moved to the middle of your chest, a rifle isn't going to line up like that at all...

Comment

I like it, looks like ArmA.

SAW:

Comment

I'm sure whoever worked on those 3D sights did a fantastic job, but...in this case I'd rather have functionality over looks.

The sights are too far away, smaller then the 2D version, and I have a hard enough time hitting targets at range with 2D iron sights.
              I'd like to stick with the 2D.
              [TF21] Halcyon

Comment

I believe this is how the guns aim in the Insurgency mod for HL2 if I remember correctly. I remember it being pretty cool for that mod, but then agian that engine is made for pretty.

Either way it ull be pretty neat for PR.

Comment

Yeah, I personally think that 2D right now works best. They look real enough for my tastes.

Once again, 3D iron sights add nothing to gameplay - I'm getting a bit weary at all the dev updates that arent adding anything significant.

Having handled an AK-47 before I can tell you it just looks goofy on a screen.
                  Skud

Comment

Those aren't being made by a DEV but by a guy who wasn't even R-CON when he first made them...
                    I think it's great when the community adresses things the Devs don't have time for...

Comment

Thanks for clearing it up.
                      Skud

Comment

Well, it is Project Reality and would be pretty neat in-game. But I agree with Skud, the current iron-sights are great!

Comment

the 2d ones are nice but the 3d ones take it to a entire new level of awesome. It is about time the devs(or cons) start to focus on the visual features of the game.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X