new found respect and enjoyment using the mini guns on the seahawk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new found respect and enjoyment using the mini guns on the seahawk

I have to say last nights round of kashan 64 was mini-gun-tastic. I had the chance to join up with default player, and nato ecko and then towards the end of the map onetinsoldier joined the squad and we did some awesome transport drop offs and mini gun runs.

Being an engineer and using the mini gun with a competent pilot and with little bird scouting was awesome. I think you will definitely see me being an engineer/mini-gunner more often on Kashan. What an awesome round, even towards the end when there was a mec squad in the northern most bunker, we were able to provide some heavy mini gun strafing runs, and the mini guns do not have unlimited ammo.....shooting thru the top entrance of the bunker and strafing the lower entrance was so much fun.

I hope I can find some time today to write up a quick AAR. But wow, it was great, even strafing mec outpost and south village was great. Having at least one gunner is vital, plus is you spawn engineer, you can also for the most part fix the Seahawk even before it makes it back to the USMC Airfield to re-up the supply box. I think i might have found my calling in the air, you may not see me in a gunship or a plane, but if you ever need mini-gun support, ask for it and you shall receive. Awesome round, and great flying by default and onetin, at one point one tin had the seahawk hovering over the northern most bunker for at least 10 minutes while I provided mini gun support and not_nato_ecko got down low and opened fire inside the bunker.

The Mini-gun is a very underrated weapon, and it also allows you to spot so even if you are not a SL you can still let the friendlies in the AO know where some hostiles are.
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Re: new found respect and enjoyment using the mini guns on the seahawk

You can spot when a passenger in any vehicle, they upgraded the m134 in .7 so it is pretty lethal now. Hats off to the pilot because helis are normally easy kills on kashan

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I remember ruling the skies in Vanilla with the mini-guns before the blackhawk got nerfed in .4

Im glad the minis were brought back to their former glory

Comment

Originally posted by Tarthkin View Post
        I remember ruling the skies in Vanilla with the mini-guns before the blackhawk got nerfed in .4
        Are u referring to the good old days of Mashtur City!
        |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

I wonder if we will ever see the minigun as powerful as it SHOULD be!

[media]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2676268927161385975[/media]
          |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

Well, Kashan would become an exercise in cowering in the bunkers for the MEC team...

Comment

Originally posted by w.WAREHOUSE View Post
              I wonder if we will ever see the minigun as powerful as it SHOULD be!

[media]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2676268927161385975[/media]
              it is pretty powerful, especially when it shoots straight down in a solid line, i was able to take out a support truck that disposable and cougars tank missed, and in less than 2 seconds it was a smoldering carcass.

Nato as my witness can also attest to the power of it, as he jumped out of the seahawk behind the northern most bunker a MEC LAT appeared and luckily my reflexes didnt twitch and he had about 100 rounds in him in a second, good thing the blood content is low or you would have only seen pink mist and maybe some scattered fragments of what was once a body.
              Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
              NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.

Comment

Carmegedon style gore mode would be cool :D

They cant make the miniguns much more powerfull because in theory you have to make the opposition chopper equally capable though this is actually true on kashan, the only map which has a mec scout heli on it with dual 20mm :)

The support truck can take a tank round so if it killed that quick, its powerfull

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
                  Carmegedon style gore mode would be cool :D

They cant make the miniguns much more powerfull because in theory you have to make the opposition chopper equally capable though this is actually true on kashan, the only map which has a mec scout heli on it with dual 20mm :)

The support truck can take a tank round so if it killed that quick, its powerfull
                  it might have been more in the 3-5 second range, either way it was quick, i think disposable helped though, one of the errant tank rounds must have at least skimmed it, peeling off some of the elite armor that is put on after the trucks are made in the factory.
                  Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                  NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Comment

Thank you! Finally someone else who agrees, all ive ever heard is "No, thats stupid, the MEC jeep will take us out in 4 seconds".

Wonder what it would be like to be a mini gunner in Iraq right now, gotta be hectic as (fill in own four letter word)
                    "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                    'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

I wish they would get rid of the overheating with the Gatling guns. IRL they don't overheat at all and even if they could they would run out of ammo before they got to the point where they overheat.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
                      In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Originally posted by kittykatnub View Post
                        I wish they would get rid of the overheating with the Gatling guns. IRL they don't overheat at all and even if they could they would run out of ammo before they got to the point where they overheat.
                        As well as the "warm-up" time on the mini-guns. Not real.

| |

Comment

Yea I was always wondering where they got the warm up time from.. Did the older ones used to have to do that? Cuz even a gatling gun goes straight to the bullets and all, simple device.
                          "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                          'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Much depends on overall damage of the vehicle before hand and how many bullets land direct on target and not on the ground around it which is hard to tell. The bullets have a natural deviation in the mod so not all land where you want them to land. On a stable stationary hover you can take out a full health vodnik in about 6-8 seconds. A command truck takes much much longer. After all a command truck can take a LAT rocket and just be smoking.

Fly by barrages are extremely hard to pull off with any decent speed. Unless you train with a gunning crew regularly to get that perfect pitch and rotation of the heli while going in a certain direction diagonally from the chopper's nose.

I have had a few decent gunship missions in the BH and many more crash and burns. Sometimes you get the drop and can really lay down the led taking people and vehicles out. Other times you get shot out of the air with barely a couple of seconds from MG fire or a lucky hit from a tank you didn't know was there.

It's fun but risky. If you are willing to practice with a crew I'm certain a team could get very very good at this.
                            "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
                            "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Miniguns rule.

Originally posted by Fenian420
                              Yea I was always wondering where they got the warm up time from.. Did the older ones used to have to do that? Cuz even a gatling gun goes straight to the bullets and all, simple device.
                              I think that the first Gatling guns had a 'spin up time'... but that's because they were spun by a guy turning a handle.

Without wanting to start another PR vs ArmA discussion, the miniguns on ArmA are pretty sweet. No spin up, can change rate of fire (2000 RPM/4000 RPM) to save ammo, but they have a *shudder*... crosshair!
                              |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                              Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X