A question about rules

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question about rules

Hello, I wanted to make the following query, in Jabal, is permitted to go to a APC to West Beach, before the Marines take?
    Or any other white flag before they are marked for attack?

Thank you very much, is a discussion between players ..
    [HELLFIRE]

Re: A question about rules

Theres been debates on this in the past, search might show them but imo a good general rule is any enemy past their 1st flag is fair game so yes its fine
    (but sucky :p)

I did a quick search for you:
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/search.php?searchid=872816

Apparently I asked the same question a year ago. Another good rule of thumb I heard recently was if there is no permanent spawn there for a force then its a viable target for their enemy regardless of AAS

Basically avoid spawn killing always if you can. The TG server rules changed recently so that you should not use a firearm at all in the enemys main base unless able to capture the flag

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Welcome to TG Firmost.
      yes it's Allowed.
      |TG-X|cola88

|
      |

Comment

Ok thanks, us on our server (Argentina) that if we were using was not marked by the AAS could not attack, and I think a debate on this....

And if for example the Marines took west beach, and the fight is on DAM, I like to continue attacking West, albeit from them, and I just dialed to attack DAM (which is white).
        [HELLFIRE]

Comment

Better rule of thumb rules on this or anything like this on any map is...

- Main UnCap is always off limits except for saboteurs.
          - Don't Camp Captured enemy CPs unless the AAS says you can attack it.
          - If a Flag is Neutral or White it's fair game to either side to do whatever they want with it.

These simple concepts served me well so far.
          "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
          "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

While on maps like Jabal that would make perfect sense...

Tactically speaking, if a squad can deny an important flag and give their team enough time to capture everything else it's really the fault of the team that cannot coordinate to overcome such a squad.

For example, the 6th Devils have held Helicopter Air Base on Fools road as Brits many times. 5/10 times its sucessful, allowing the brits to rally and storm every other flag on the field.
            Skud

Comment

Grtz on getting the cannon fodder job Skud :icon_cool

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by kilroy0097 View Post
                Better rule of thumb rules on this or anything like this on any map is...

- Main UnCap is always off limits except for saboteurs.
                - If a Flag is Neutral or White it's fair game to either side to do whatever they want with it.

These simple concepts served me well so far.
                thanks!
                [HELLFIRE]

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
                  For example, the 6th Devils have held Helicopter Air Base on Fools road as Brits many times. 5/10 times its sucessful, allowing the brits to rally and storm every other flag on the field.

In other words half the time it is successful (1/2).. the other half it is not and your boys do not storm all other flags, nor do you get Airfield. Considering the thought out play of how to stem the British in this map, at the moment, is to hold Estate and not expend resources on Airfield battling APC's, I don't think that's brag you should make.

As to game play and tactics Killroy speaks sense, though it is the most uneven map, more akin to a Shoot than a game, if MEC hold both West and East Beach flags.

Comment

While west beach is faster to get to, only East Beach starts the bleed on the USMC. The worst shutouts I have seen are when the MEC deny the USMC the east beach

Comment

Thank you for your responses, were of great assistance to the question
                      . Greetings!
                      [HELLFIRE]

Comment

Originally posted by kilroy0097 View Post
                        The problem with that rule is that it is very vague. Because as far as I know, attacking CPs that AAS does not say you can attack is perfectly fine on TG's server. I believe this rule was originally written with uncappable CPs in mind, where such AAS markers are only visible on the UCB Main if it is the enemies last flag -- then it is OK to attack it. Put Kashan into perspective:

Say MEC have all the bunker flags and are attacking North Village to try and advance. Even if they haven't succeeded in attacking North Village, but are confident they will hold it soon (have it greyed), another MEC squad can move in with a preemptive strike on US Outpost, to get a jump on the enemy -- or better yet, destroy what defenses/emplacements they have built at the next flag, to make the proceeding attack easier. If you applied the rule where "AAS must tell you when to attack it"... then the battles will become very linear, base-to-base, and that is not how PR is meant to be played. Teamwork in coordinating flag capping is key. AAS markers were put in place to help people understand what flags to cap. If you already know the order to cap flags, having a squad already in place on the next flag is a strong strategic move, and happens all the time on TG. And if the AAS markers are on the US Main, THEN the rule works. It really doesn't apply to flags you can normally cap in between.

As for Jabal, East/West Beach rushes by the MEC is perfectly fine, however it should be known that the USMC can actually beat the MEC to West Beach, easily. If the USMC were not quick to get moving to cap the beach flags, then it is game over for them really....

Comment

The spirit of that rule more implies not to attack those captured CPs that are not next in line in the AAS. There are always forward squads going towards the next CP that is not yet flagged for capture when another force is actively taking the previous CP point. It's when people are camping CPs that are two or three down the line that this rule comes into play.
                          "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Tweaky View Post
                            The problem with that rule is that it is very vague. Because as far as I know, attacking CPs that AAS does not say you can attack is perfectly fine on TG's server. I believe this rule was originally written with uncappable CPs in mind, where such AAS markers are only visible on the UCB Main if it is the enemies last flag -- then it is OK to attack it.
                            Those are Kilroy's rules not server rules.
                            |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Originally posted by snooggums View Post
                              Those are Kilroy's rules not server rules.
                              Correct. This is how I have interpreted the rules that are written. The actual rules only take into account the Main Base and the AAS rules on that particular spot. I have expanded the rules to include flags that in my mind are not the next point of attack. Why? Because it's a waste of resources in my mind. Certainly there might be a bunker located at a rear CP that is not flagged by the AAS as attackable and I have no issue with a Saboteur Team going over there and taking it out. But I do have issues with a Squad going over there and spawn killing at the Bunker just to do it. That squad would be better suited actually taking the Bunker out or helping out at the CP that is next in line.

It's my interpretation of the rules to further realism and tactical teamwork play. It's my way of setting an example as a TG member.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X