Umm, shouldn't I see blood?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Umm, shouldn't I see blood?

I've been playing for a while now, and I remember seeing "blood visuals" in the description of the PR mod, so you know when you hit someone (since this is realism anyway not for eye candy).

But for some reason I have yet to see any blood what so ever... And I never know when I hit someone... They run away and all when I shoot at them, but did I tag them?

Last night (during password night), I my squad had set up a little parimeter around the enemy firebase and we were ambushing them when they got close to the edge of a hill. I had a sniper rifle and I was able to creep in VERY close almost right under them in some brush. Well, I was able to knock off 4 guys undetected and it was a DEAD ON shot, nothing obstructing my vision, they were RIGHT THERE, and I swear I saw absolutely no blood what so ever... I really don't know how much more of a clear visual I could have had...

It's kind of frustrating at times, especially to know if I miss or hit... so I know whether or not to readjust my shot or if I'm wasting rounds thinking I'm on but I'm just wasting bullets.

Is there some way to toggle it on or off? and Somehow I accedentally turned it off? Maybe the mod isn't installed correctly? Maybe I'm just blind... Is there anyway to check this?

Re: Umm, shouldn't I see blood?

They took it off because half the time you shot someone and blood came out the hit didn't register, and it just made people frustrated to be "seeing" hits and the enemy not dying.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Ahh ok, that's reasuring...

That would probably be more frustrating anyway, thanks for the info.

Comment

Yep. And blood added nothing to gameplay anyway. I disable Blood in 99% of games anyway.
        Skud

Comment

Except for Doom. I NEED BLOOD when it comes to hell bound Demons. :)
          "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
          "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Well what would be the point of using a chainsaw on a 9'0 tall demon if there was no blood?
            Skud

Comment

I would love blood in PR, but only if they 'd implement it in a realistic way. I 'd also love bullet holes in dead bodies, so you can check where you shot a person when you teabag him :).
              Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost Dog View Post
                I would love blood in PR, but only if they 'd implement it in a realistic way. I 'd also love bullet holes in dead bodies, so you can check where you shot a person when you teabag him :).
                ...Except they can't see that you're teabagging them.

(ArmA does bullet holes, which are a bit messed up I once saw a guy with a bulet hole in his cheek and blood dripping down his front, running round giving covering fire!)
                |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by westyfield View Post
                  ...Except they can't see that you're teabagging them.

(ArmA does bullet holes, which are a bit messed up I once saw a guy with a bulet hole in his cheek and blood dripping down his front, running round giving covering fire!)
                  Bullet goes through the cheeks and doesn't hit anything else in the mouth/head?
                  I believe Jack suffered a similar injury near the end of Fight Club.
                  |TG-6th|Belhade
                  "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Originally posted by Belhade View Post
                    Well anyway, I still think it would put you out of a fight, it would probably make a nasty exit wound.
                    |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                    Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by Belhade View Post
                      Good use of a movie as real-life evidence. :) Although it seems sound.
                      TG5th USARMY||JeonJiHyeon

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X