Rules video comment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rules video comment

I have been a big fan of |TG| ever since I first visited the site and took the time to read the primer and SOP pages. Since then I have enjoyed many good games with TG players and I hope I have helped a few new players understand what makes PR and TG different from the experiences vanilla BF2 offers. I know its asking a lot for some people to actually stop and read something before they can join a game but at least they won't be able to cry ignorance.

Making the rules video mandatory for PW night is a great idea. The reality is that most, if not all new players will have a hard time conforming to TG's standard the first time they play here. An even smaller percentage will bother to stop by the forums and read the sticky posts before posting. But for the sake of the quality vanilla players who do pass through here I think having a brief indoctrination video will improve the chances that they will have a good time and add to the community.

I can only speak for myself but I find nothing objectionable in either the general idea of TG nor in its game specific SOP's. I read the rules carefully and have not had any problems since. However, the "rules" video shown for PW night access seems too fast for someone who is unfamiliar with the principles to really be able to absorb the information. Unless its just me I think a few seconds longer between pages would be helpful. Otherwise, its a great idea. I have been able to participate in many different types of organized online gaming so I have a great deal of respect for how TG blends an open door policy to the public with basic rules applying to all.

Although I haven't been able to be a supporting member lately I plan to do so again when my budget allows. Thanks to TG and all its regulars for being the standard bearers for the rest of the online gaming communities to look up to and hopefully emulate.

Re: Rules video comment

I think the video is intended to be short and sweet to make anxious regulars happy while sparing the admins from hearing the ignorance defence for every issue.

People new to PR probably won't enjoy a password night because the regulars expect a lot on a pw night. It's best for players new to the game to get a feel in the unlocked server anyways.
    It's kindof shameful to say it but I don't think someone new to PR will be too anxious to come back after a password night. You have to appreciate the game before you can appreciate a TG password night ;)

Although the spirit of what your saying can't hurt in any way, it might make the admins go on strike from hearing regulars say it takes too long to get a pw :)

Comment

Rafterman's got it right. When the video made its initial debut i was bombarded with complaints from regulars complaining about it being too long. So what did I do? I made it longer (adjusted the show time for the password by an additional 8 seconds). I could make the display times longer, but I'd probably be once again inundated with complaints about the length of the thing.

Basically, I tried to make it as simplistic as possible. Easy to read, large text, basic layout. Nothing flashy and to the point. I may throw in an extra slide that says "for more detailed rules, please visit the forums", but I think thats about the depth of the changes that people would find acceptable. I do appreciate the input though!

And for those wondering, I will absolutely not be putting the Bi Ming music on the video. Ever. Anyone who actually likes that music needs to be shot, and I mean that quite literally. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
        And for those wondering, I will absolutely not be putting the Bi Ming music on the video. Ever. Anyone who actually likes that music needs to be shot, and I mean that quite literally. :)
        The Bi Ming music makes my ears bleed... And not in the good "I was just at a Metal concert" way. More like a "I just fell down the stairs and landed ear first in a briefcase full of knives" way...

Thankyou for putting the foot down on this issue ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Rafterman1987 View Post
          More like a "I just fell down the stairs and landed ear first in a briefcase full of knives" way.
          Holy $*^& that was funny, lol. You owe me a keyboard.

Comment

They need to put this song for Bi Ming!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ltps17if3t8&feature=related[/media]
            "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

I cant hear that song without thinking of the chase scene in Short Circuit 2.
              [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l30sOEv_JUc[/media]
              Last edited by Ferris Bueller; 04-21-2008, 03:53 AM.

Comment

I cant hear that song without thinking of the chase scene in Short Circuit 2.
                [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l30sOEv_JUc[/media]
                Holy crap. That was intense.
                TG5th USARMY||JeonJiHyeon

Comment

I may throw in an extra slide that says "for more detailed rules, please visit the forums"
                  Maybe a weblink below the the flash video for the detailed rules?

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

Comment

Originally posted by lightzout View Post
                    I think having a brief indoctrination video will improve the chances that they will have a good time and add to the community.
                    Do you mean 'introduction'? It's not quite the same thing...

I have yet to see this video, it sounds interesting though.
                    |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                    Irregular since 2007.

Comment

"Oscar, you will not get away. I am really pissed off!"

I think the Bi Ming music would be wonderful on the password video. I guess i need to be shot.
                      "BOLLY, BOLLY, BOLLY BOLLY!"

Comment

Hmm, it's more like BOI, BOI, BOI, BOI! I guess I need to be shot as well...

Comment

Here is the soundtrack I expect on the next rules video, Im sure Ferris will concur
                          [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYHmqG5KWtY[/media]

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
                            Here is the soundtrack I expect on the next rules video, Im sure Ferris will concur
                            [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYHmqG5KWtY[/media]
                            Haha.. that music video was hilarious.

Lord of the Mangoes
                            In the nuclear world, the true enemy can't be destroyed.
                            In the nuclear world, the true enemy is war itself.

Comment

I may just have to hunt you all down and kill you.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X