X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Rule 5 like this?

5. Basecamping

Main bases (a main base is defined as a flag where the opponent has their only permanent spawn point) are not to be entered, attacked or fired in to for any reason unless the AAS indicates that that flag is in play, capturable, or saboteurs destroying CO assets. This includes, but is not limited to:

1. Attacking infantry
    2. Destroying/sabotaging vehicles
    3. Laying mines or otherwise restricting the entrance/exit points

The destroying of Commander (CP's, Bunkers, etc) assets are still in play. Even if the saboteur is getting shot at, he still cannot shoot in the main.

Under no circumstances are you allowed to fire upon the enemy while inside their main base.
    Ok so Why can I not fire my gun to defend myself when I am discovered as a SpecOps blowing up OP4 CP Traller (I need to hide better next time)? 2 Days ago I was playing SpecOps. And I entered to USMC Main to blow the CP Traller. No Raping not one shot was fired. Put 2 slams on the CP Traller and ran away. I was all fine and danddy when suddenly I see a USMC Pilot right on top of me with his knife out. And I do mean right on top of me because he did kill me. Fair game and good kill. But I did open fire as soon as I saw him. I Think I got 3 rounds out of my gun before his knife did me. But I was then kicked. "For firing in the main". I Did not know that you had changed this rule. But I really do have to point out that this is a BS rule. Even some of your own TG lads have said so on VoIP. Every player has the right to defend themselves from an attacking enemy. No matter where they are on the map. The fact that the player that knifed me did kill me proves that I was under Attack. So why should I be kicked for this? Can you really tell me that in real life you would not use a gun if the OP4 came at you with a knife?

So can you give a good reason for this rule? You can't say to stop baserappping as it was clear I was not doing that.
    :: Signature removed for violation of signature size restrictions.

Re: Why is Rule 5 like this?

The rule is written that way because the previous rule was "you cannot fire unless fired upon". Guess what? Tons of issues - players complaining about being shot in the main and the perpetrators claiming they were firing in self defense. Ok - he-said she-said now - the only recourse is to watch the BR file.

This rule is clear cut, very easy to understand, and very easy to enforce.

In real life would blowing up a trailer prevent the other side from deploying a bunch of sandbags that magically spawn soldiers?

Bottom line - if you like the rules or think they are BS is irrelevant - following them is the only thing that matters. If anyone thinks the rules stink, play on a different server.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

So this is done to make life easy for admins. Ok that all I needed to know.

Comment

I, also find this rule a bit too conflicting too function. Situations like the one described by Oddsodz are happening way too often now. Also, there is the issue of blowing up CPs that are next to enemy troops and vehicles in the main. Blowing up the CP results in the enemy also losing some key assets as well as troops.

I totally see that this more simplistic rule was put in place for ease of enforcement, but losing assets while in the main isn't on the AAS a bit much.

I find this similar to the former L-AT/H-AT rules where some players would take advantage of the rule, and wait until infantry ran for cover in a bunker or behind a building, then firing their AT with all legitimacy.

| |

Comment

Also...

Lets be honest here.

Project reality - spec ops get caught: They're (pardon me) #[email protected]%ed
          Skud

Comment

Maybe a rule change where ONLY players with the SpecOP kits can go to mains to blow trallers. This means no Engerneers can go (apart from AAS) to blow with C4. Still can't go rapping. I Am all for that. Can't stand UCB rapping. But must be allowed to defend themselves if Attacked. Just an idea.

SpecOp kit are only 2 pear team and have a 5 min or more relocation time. So you are only ever going to get 2 players there. And if they get killed and have the kit taken from there dead body they can't come back at all.

What do you think?

Comment

Rule 5 will not be changed...end of story. Disposable already told you why the rule exist.

Thread Locked.
              "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...