Ever had one of those moments?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever had one of those moments?

One of those moments where you think "oh ***" and realise you may have just cost your team the round?

I did last night and to anyone on Zatar around this sort of time I apologise for probably the most stupid move ever which resulted in the biggest group TK Ive ever seen.

I had just joined the server and jumped straight into a squad without really checking the lay of the land and who was where.

Imediately I was rounded up into a TOW Hummer, told to gun and off we sped accross the map while I tried to orientate myself....before I got a chance the driver shouted "enemy bunker enemy bunker" so I ............fired.

The rest is obvious , the bunker was friendly and our whole team must have been inside it all at once having some sort of party.

Ive never seen so many team kills and im certain it cost us the round.

The moral of my story is - check the map and get a grip on the way the battle is panning out before launching heavy munitions about the place.

So to anyone who was inside the bunker enjoying the party - sorry (even those who understandably punished me - as if seeing 32 teamkills and having the entire MEC team all lol at me wasnt punishment enough)

And to everyone else..... have you any horror stories like this to sort of make me feel a bit better?

Re: Ever had one of those moments?

Originally posted by Tyson7777 View Post
    And to everyone else..... have you any horror stories like this to sort of make me feel a bit better?
    Having my mouse battery run out while flying a group of people to quickly cap a base before the enemy can reinforce it.

I fly with my joystick from now on :)
    |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
    Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Oh i make bad calls all the time too. Can't remember a really bad one right now, but i remember something. Just the other day on Qwai river i took my squad far north going for government office and some action! Now my squad wasn't the only one not on defence (no one was), and no commander as well. But we underestimated the enemy offcourse. Well sure enough someone took the back flags and capped us out. I noticed Dirtboy on the other team then and realised he was flying us to death in his little bird probably. *shakes fist at Dirt*

Battle awareness ftw!

Comment

Well Ive never gotten that many TKs at once but my most recent stupid moment was on Kashan my squad was working on taking out an enemy rally. We got the rally, the medic (BandaidBandit) was healing everyone up/ reviviing. I have the grenadier kit so I hit 5 to pop some smoke. But of course my hand eye coordination must have failed me because as soon as I popped the grenade I realized it was an explosive nade. 3 TKs + suicide and my team has to go all the way back to the rally. 130 second spawn time i think.

Comment

cola tk'ed the best tank squad on kashan a few weeks ago, aswell as tk'ing others at the fire base we were re-arming at!

Comment

Originally posted by browna3 View Post
            cola tk'ed the best tank squad on kashan a few weeks ago, aswell as tk'ing others at the fire base we were re-arming at!
            Yes lol i was the a10 pilot and droped a 500lbs bomb on the gps marker and i got 8-10 TK.
            |TG-X|cola88

|
            |

Comment

well i forgive you as your a european admin ;p

Comment

I have had lots of bad and embarrassing rounds. One time on Kashan Liquid and my self were flying the jets and by some freak of bad luck, we mid air collided costing us the F-16 and the A-10, although it was at the end of the round so....
                sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Map overlay helps when manning a weapon of mass destruction

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Way back early in my career, this was one of the first times I CO'd a round. Back in .5 when there was still artillery. USMC on EJOD. My team was winning the map, pushing the MEC up to northern desert. The victory siren went off so I yelled "Wheee! Fireworks!" and dropped the arty on the MEC main for fun.

Well, there was only a 3-ticket difference in the teams and USMC was advancing hard into entrenched positions, so I could only watch on in horror as the tickets slowly slipped away...to nothing.

I was a bit embarrassed to show my face around the server for a few rounds.
                    |TG-6th|Belhade
                    "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Originally posted by Belhade View Post
                      Way back early in my career, this was one of the first times I CO'd a round. Back in .5 when there was still artillery. USMC on EJOD. My team was winning the map, pushing the MEC up to northern desert. The victory siren went off so I yelled "Wheee! Fireworks!" and dropped the arty on the MEC main for fun.

Well, there was only a 3-ticket difference in the teams and USMC was advancing hard into entrenched positions, so I could only watch on in horror as the tickets slowly slipped away...to nothing.

I was a bit embarrassed to show my face around the server for a few rounds.
                      That makes me feel better about my own stupid decisions. That one really takes the cake.

Comment

It was on Qwai, and the US was about to have a close, but predictable win. Being with the smartest squad on the entire US team, "Hey, look at ALL these Humvees that spawned at our Bunker at Estate, CONVOY!!!" So one by one, five Humvees sped out of the Estate flag, and unlucky for the four behind, Marine was at the wheel of the first Humvee. I'm pretty sure everyone can have a logical guess of what happened. Marine drove into a landmine, which triggered explosions killing the other four. Let's just say, we won the team that round, we deserve a chance to screw it up if we damn please. :)

| |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X