This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Change the Map Rotation!

Let's face it. We're getting tired of the maps on PR and I'm sure all of us definately like to change things up a little. Well here's the problem, as told by our very own Disposable:

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0

For every one player that hates a map, there are 10 that like it.

We try to change up the rotation as much as possible to keep variety, but let's be honest here, our choices are limited.

Here are the maps available in the .75 release:

7Gates
    Al Basrah *
    Al Kufrah Oilfields
    Assault on Mestia
    Battle For QinLing
    Bi Ming
    Daqing Oilfields
    Ejod Desert
    Fools Road
    Gulf Of Oman
    Hills Of Hamgyong
    Jabal Al Burj
    Kashan Desert
    Operation Archer *
    Operation Ghost Train
    Qwai River
    Road To Kyongan Ni
    Sunset City
    Zatar Wetlands

* Cannot be run, crashes server

So, there are 19 maps available, 17 of which we can run. Everyone hates Hills Of Hamgyong, now we're down to 16. The rotation has 14 maps in it (16 actually, we run Qwai 16 and Kashan 16 because they offer a different style of game play than the 64 player versions).

We know the maps are stale, and the available PR maps include 3 vanilla maps that were converted to PR, so they're 3 years old at this point (and STILL suck for PR). There's only so many different ways to mix it up, and at the end of the day you're still going to be playing maps you've played countless times before.

We're doing the best we can with what we've got available right now. The admins are tired of the maps, too. Let's just all suck it up and hang in there, .8 will be out soon and there will be plenty of new maps in that - maybe enough that we can set up a really nice rotation and put some of the same old tired maps into mothballs for a while. Just be patient.
    So as you can see, until 0.8 we have to work with what we have. If you don't like the current map rotation, simply submit a new one to an admin! Here is a List of Admins for you to chose from. Simply click on the link, scroll down to the Battlefield Admins section, and chose one to PM. (Preferably one that manages our PR server regularly--you probably know at least one by just viewing our forums)

Maplist Strategy: Believe it or not, there actually is a strategy to making a maplist for PR. Here are some things to consider when making your map list to submit.
    • Start off the list with a map that wouldn't take hours to play like. We call this "seeding" the server with generally 16 player-sized maps.
    • Avoid putting large, multiple hour-long maps back to back, like Kashan and Quinling 64. Many regulars of PR know which maps tend to take a long time to play, and unfortunately, also know what it feels like to play 3 hours on one map, just to do it all over again on another.
    • Keep some variety going around. Don't put maps with the same type of warfare back to back either. (i.e. Fool's Road then Assault on Mestia, both ambush/guerilla-type fighting)
    • And lastly, please stop asking for the Insurgency Game Mode maps like Archer and Basrah. We've tried it over and over and every time the server has crashed trying to run these maps. 0.8 isn't too far off, and I'm sure Insurgency will improve enough for us to be able to run it without server crashes.

So you're ready! Sick of the maplist? Submit a new one today!

| |

Re: Help Change the Map Rotation!

i reckon hills of hamoyong 24/7, or atleast once every full moon, it wasnt that bad a map, no worse than sunset is now.

Comment

Another something to think about:

Make sure that back-to-back asymetrical maps do not favour the same side after the team swap when the next map is about to be played :)

Lord of the Mangoes
      In the nuclear world, the true enemy can't be destroyed.
      In the nuclear world, the true enemy is war itself.

Comment

I would be for trying anything to get at least 1 new map or an old map we can use into the rotation (some of the time). I understand the limitations, but we are kinda in between releases and it is getting somewhat old to play the same things over and over and over.

Is it possible to bring some of the successful BF2 maps into PR? There is Zatar Wetlands, but I have never seen Karkand or others in PR - is there a reason or licensing problem for the old maps?

Even some of the armored fury maps were pretty ok OR Euro Forces. Is there some reason PR cannot run these maps? Just checking.
        sigpic

Comment

(Start up map 1st of course)
          Kashan Desert 32
          Ejod Desert
          Qwai River
          Operation Ghost Train
          Assault on Mestia
          Gulf Of Oman
          Bi Ming
          Daqing Oilfields
          Jabal Al Burj
          Fools Road
          Sunset City

Notice, a map with choppers is peppered in, not just all in one spot. But the ultimate heli map is number 1

Comment

Hmmm, I like Dirti's suggestion. I haven't played Daqing Oilfields in a long time. I also like how the long lasting maps (Kashan and Fool's Road) are at opposite ends.

Comment

Originally posted by google View Post
              I also like how the long lasting maps (Kashan and Fool's Road) are at opposite ends.
              As the map list loops that is still not ideal but sunset is between them anyhow

Kashan Desert 32
              Ejod Desert
              Qwai River
              Operation Ghost Train
              Assault on Mestia
              Gulf Of Oman
              Bi Ming
              Daqing Oilfields
              Jabal Al Burj
              Fools Road
              Sunset City
              Yep seems decent to me, needs ejod 16 at the start because kashan is not a good starter after a crash or whatever.
              I will edit my post to suggest my own hopefully

I did some squad practise earlier and we went on the TAG server which had a 32p version of Basra, seemed to work fine. The previous map and map afterwards loaded ok.
              [further info was the server population was about 15 either side, so 30 or half what we have here if that is a factor]

Last edited by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger; 04-26-2008, 01:14 PM.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I vote to sticky this thread as it comes up over and over and over x infinity...
                "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
                "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

i still think we need a couple more big maps like kashan 64 or al kufrah

Comment

my only issue with the rotation is the new sunset city. with only the one flag besides the main it is teh sux.

Comment

Originally posted by O=T-M-A-N=O View Post
                      Even some of the armored fury maps were pretty ok OR Euro Forces. Is there some reason PR cannot run these maps? Just checking.
                      That would be nice if the AF maps could be in PR, I loved Operation Harvest and Operation Road Rage. The Euroforces map with the oilfields wasn't too bad either... I guess part of the issue is that not every PR player has got EF or AF.
                      |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                      Irregular since 2007.

Comment

PR is allready privileged to have vehicles from the add on packs. I never bought any of them but luckily EA forced us all to have them via the patches, I dont believe that includes the maps though

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by kilroy0097 View Post
                          I vote to sticky this thread as it comes up over and over and over x infinity...
                          I actually created this thread to be a sticky upon Disposable's request. He just hasn't checked his PMs yet. It probably will come up in the future anyway.

| |

Comment

I don't care if they crash the server, I will keep asking for Al Basrah and Archer. I miss insurgency and it is not as fun on battlearena. I only understand as long as it crashes in the middle, if it crashes at the end of the round just put it at the end of the maplist.
                            |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Snooggums, a couple of days ago, Ferris, Liquid and I had some fun on the Battelarena. Perhaps we should plan a server raid?

Hugs...
                              Jev ;)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...