Life outside PR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life outside PR

What hobbies does everyone have besides playing PR? Interesting to see how alike or completely disalike we are. Try to be honest.

I, for one, enjoy playing accoustic guitar, grilling out (BBQ), watching movies with my wife (yes, even the occasional chik-flik for brownie points), playing Madden 08 on 360, and last, but definitely not least, riding my motorcycle. I'm going to be buying my friend's Honda CBR soon hopefully. Right now I have a Suzuki Can-of-tuna (Katana), good bike but I want faster.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/picture...&pictureid=395

So what do u guys do to pass time besides what ur doing right now. And, yea, try to keep it clean.
    sigpic
    I'm Back.

Re: Life outside PR

Well, I'm still in high school. I play football (#52). And if you think you have seen football at its finest, you need to head down here to Texas and see some of the small town football. It's insane. I'll try to upload our highlight film somewhere for yall.When it's not football season, I'm constantly in the weight room or running on the track. I'm a junior this year, so I only have one more year of high school ball before I go play for college.

I like to head out to the lake with my friends alot too. Chris, my best friend, has a lake house and owns two jet ski's and a ski boat. We go out and do that alot during the summer. We also own some land and run some cattle up about two and a half hours away. I drive up there and spend the weekend sometimes just to get away from things.

I have a Dodge Neon that was fitted for drag racing when I got it, so I take it out to the speedway and run the quarter mile about once a month.

I paintball (woodsball with '98 Custom). We have an amatuer team and are starting to win paintball tournaments. Our next step with it is to get a local sponsor. I like to fish and hunt, and do every chance I get. I love camping too.

As for gaming outside of PR, I own the Warhammer 40k series, Company of Heroes, the Rome Total War series, and every Battlefield game except 2142. I have two part time jobs during school (except football season) and one full time job during the summer. The part time jobs include me being a cook at a local resturaunt and working at a grocery store. My full time job is being a ranch hand on the "Happy Ass Ranch". I clear brush, feed/round up/manage the owners cattle. I pick which ones get sold, which ones stay with the herd to breed, etc. We run about 300 head on the 2000 acres (6 pastures we rotate). My job as a cook is at a place called "Charcoal House". I basicly slave over a grill and cook the best burgers you will ever eat, haha. On my job at the grocery store I just bag and carry out peoples stuff. You may or may not have one where you live, it's called "Albertson's". It's a decent job, flexible hours, easy,etc.

I'll stop for now, I don't want to take up 3 hours of your life reading about what I do...haha.
    Last edited by imnotacanadian; 04-27-2008, 02:05 PM.

Comment

I poke and stab people with sharp objects for money. No, really, I do.

Comment

Spending time with Wife, when I am not working. I am a Diesel Mechanic.

And of course riding my Harley. 2003 Fat Boy.

Snowman out

Comment

I do a lot of airsoft. Other than that I usually just hang out with friends or play other PC games.

Comment

Well, my favorite hobby is probably shooting with my dad. I got my hunting license last year, but I haven't gone hunting yet....
            My dad and I own a couple of nice guns, a .22 Bolt-Action Rifle, a .223 AR-15 (the M-16's civilian counterpart), a .30-06 Bolt-Action Rifle, a .22 Revolver, and a 9mm pistol.
            Shooting is an amazing sport, I love it.

Other than that..... I love hanging out with friends and playing sports, along with other things. Some games I also play are Crysis, Company of Heroes, GRAW, and the entire Total War series (great games!)

Comment

life?

Comment

Originally posted by oldirti View Post
                life?
                What is this word of which you speak?

Comment

lol....ok maybe some ppl have a outside life, but I also forgot to mention paintball as well. Canadian whos ur sponsors, I used to work at Smartparts as a repair technician (if u play paintball i'm sure u've heard of it) do u do anything thru them? and ferris what kinda hobby is that??? please explain
                  sigpic
                  I'm Back.

Comment

well...my wife and I actually met because of rock climbing, which we both still love to do...here is our "home " area: www.glenbouldering.com ( i help run the website) and our local indoor gym: www.niagaraclimbingcenter.com . i have a million pics , so i will only make you look at this one:

new river gorge WV, a climb called "cresent moon"

i also like to shoot video of my friends climbing...here is my best (IMO) short film:
                    [media]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8849140249061791306[/media]

check it out :) (make sure you watch all the way to the end for the short blooper reel)

i scuba dive and snorkle, backpack and hike, and played bass in a band for YEARS and went to college for music performance...i still like to create music, but i am more of a hobbyist now. Oh, and i also love video games. :D

Comment

Originally posted by BandaidBandit View Post
                      lol....ok maybe some ppl have a outside life, but I also forgot to mention paintball as well. Canadian whos ur sponsors, I used to work at Smartparts as a repair technician (if u play paintball i'm sure u've heard of it) do u do anything thru them? and ferris what kinda hobby is that??? please explain
                      No, we don't have a sponsor yet. We are currently looking for somebody to do that for us, and have had several local shops express interest...but nobody has followed through yet, haha.

Comment

I am a senior in high school. I like to paintball on occasion, hang out with my friends, make machinimas (or at least come up with ideas/storyboards for them even if I never carry them out). I worked for 5 months at Taco Cabana and hated it. it had the most unflexible hours (was working 35 hrs a week on top of school) . Soon I plan to get another job for the summer and live with my dad/go to community college until I can save enough money to find a place.

Comment

I am a senior suffering from senioritis...

PR/Video Games are my main hobby. Used to enjoy Airsoft, but it gets to a point where it's too costly to pursue. I'm a Star Wars databank. I have pvc lightsabers for training/filming.

Most of my friends moved on to college after 10th grade, so I'm a loner.

I enjoy working out and running in preparation for entering Air Force basic.

I do some random graphic design projects when I get overly ambitious. I also love exploring my city.
                          Skud

Comment

Hobbies?

I used to love movies. Watching them. reading scripts, studying trivia and minutiae, even writing. I also read a lot - Richard Russo was my favorite author. I played golf, too. I used to go to the bar weekends with my girl.

Now my girl is my wife and we have a baby. :row__628: We watch chick flicks together (she has baned me from picking movies), I hide out int he bathroom to read and have to coerce my 10-week-old son to sleep, while the wife works weekends, just to play a few rounds of PR.
                            |TG-6th|Belhade
                            "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Originally posted by Belhade View Post
                              We watch chick flicks together (she has baned me from picking movies), I hide out int he bathroom to read and have to coerce my 10-week-old son to sleep, while the wife works weekends, just to play a few rounds of PR.
                              Ha, I too am not allowed to pick out movies...in fact she is on her way right now to Blockbuster. Reading other ppls posts reminds me of other hobbies I enjoy...like golfing. I don't understand why it is so fun or addicting, but I like it.

Canadian what kind paintball gun do u use?
                              sigpic
                              I'm Back.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...