Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posted a Big Suggestion

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18-...ggestions.html
    This is the link to my really big suggestion. Its been a recurring discussion, but the three things mentioned were done so individually not looked at as a whole. It's sort of making me think, this will either make or break a reputation I might have in the PR community. Id like to see some |TG| and |TF21| guys look at it if possible. Thanks
    DeltaFart
    sigpic
    <a href="http://www.metro2033forum.net">metro 2033 forum</a>

Re: Posted a Big Suggestion

I highly disagree with you first idea of removing spawn from FBs/Bunkers. The point of FBs are to set a staging point on a powerful attack on an important (and well defended flag). They also serve as strong points for reinforcements in urban maps

Comment

Ok, I'll change that for the sake of gameplay, only because of that.
      sigpic

Comment

Umm I can see where your coming from with A , but imagine your squad getting ambushed and having to walk 10 minutes back to the spot you were. Sure, it'll make people ALOT more carefull, but it would be a massive pain if you died (and it will happen). As for B, yeah, I can see it and it would be different to try. Appreiciate the ideas, well thought through. Nice suggestions, although I kinda disagree, I support your freedom of speech. C = eeehhh.... Sure :)
        |TG|
        ||||

Comment

I can definitly see people thinking of me as an idiotic git after this one. Probably lost all face to this suggestion
          sigpic

Comment

No no, I think (considering it's project reality) a revision of the medic kit is definatley necessary. RPs are also kinda cheap...

Comment

Yeah I removed the FB/Bunkers off the list, cause yeah, I guess if it's realisticly set up, the firebase would be a place where a massing of reinforcements took place
              Keep changing and adding stuff from the threads that this thread originated from, and will see if I can reach a suggestion that people will like
              One more thing: Doc on the PR forum has been replying to the thread since 1040! haha
              Last edited by DeltaFart; 04-29-2008, 11:10 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Deltafart, i put a post up a few months ago regarding the removal of rally points. I think its a good idea, but there are also its major draw backs, players do need to value their lives WAY more because atm, they'll rush in your building, you'll kill them but then it just turns into one massive spawn spam.

Tonight on fools road we had every single squad but, mine (we were defending hilltop, from a full enemy squad + 2 apc's) attacking train depot and they couldnt cap it. I think that was caused by the enemy managing to get more superior respawns by being quicker to spawn in large numbers and carry on repeling our attack.

I dont think rally's have any chance of being removed, even though quite a few people have been interested in this subject. I think the only thing to make players value their life is. Having to wait to get back into the game. If you get killed, you should have to wait 5 min till respawn and get 2 min for your medic to find and revive you or something along those lines. This way attacks can be defeated.
                I think maybe spawning in waves (squad based) could be a good idea, For example once you get killed, you cant spawn in till 3 other members are dead and ready to respawn.

How ever alot of people will say that the pace of the game will drop dramatically, and things like wave respawns and 5 min respawns would kill the fun. I how ever think, things like this would greatly encourage team work, while still keeping the rally points, for the lack of transport/dedicated transport :)
                PR ingame name - |TG-Irr| SilverJohn

Comment

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...-unwanted.html

Thats the link to the thead regarding peoples thoughts at TG about the removal of rally points. Incase you want to have a little read through. So peeps dont have to repeat what they might have already posted :)

Comment

I disagree all around tbh.

Comment

I disagree, completely. It would ruin the game, and I for one, will stop playing.

Comment

wave spawning sounds good but its already suggested apparently otherwise rp should make more noise but are ok by me as they show control of an area.

A rp that is only active when the sl is actually near to it would give the sl more control and the squad system more cohesion.
                        Something 'small' like that would change the game fundamentally

Nothing wrong with suggesting stuff if you can take criticism sensibly

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Thats pretty good idea sabretooth, I think spawning should just some how be more restricted and less frequent.

Comment

Lack of Rally Points and only spawning at CP will result in what you had in BF2 a lot of the time which was camping of the CP. We also had much smaller maps in BF2 in comparison and so walking all the way from a CP to the next point might not be feasible and it would limit the order of the CP in AAS to more direct traffic routes. Which might limit the movement strategy of the mod. So I disagree on taking away Rally Points and Fire Bases.

As for the Medic I don't care either way if he has a scope or not. Would I prefer a scope as a Medic? Yes. Do I need it to do my job? Not really. I like the idea of the pain meds to bring someone up partially. But I would say it should be included along with defib and medpack. However you then can give the Defib less charges and supplement with the Pain Meds. There needs to be a balance there.
                            "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
                            "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

I Agree with the principle of removing rally points, to make the game more realistic, but you have to remember it is a game and to attract a wide player base it needs to be fun. I think this is where Arma has lost alot of people, as the majority of players want to paly for fun, and i think that, allthough we do endorse realism over anything, the PR Devs know that the removal of some of these things will loose them alot of support and players, which isnt good foor the game.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X