Flickering Textures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flickering Textures

I've noticed this lately specifically on larger maps such as Kashan and Fool's. It seems as if the textures on my weapon can't stay still. Especially at joints of the weapon, the bottom object wants to show through the top one resulting in a conflicting battle of flickering textures. This happens alot on the pistols and the G3. It could be that its just the newly designed weapons but maybe not. Any one else get this?

Re: Flickering Textures

Isn't it your video card?

Comment

This has always occurred on maps where the view distance is set way further than the BF2 developers intended.

They've been trying to fix it.

It has little to no impact on gameplay...
      Skud

Comment

any impact on performance?
        sigpic
        <a href="http://www.metro2033forum.net">metro 2033 forum</a>

Comment

it's more of a bf2 thing, than pr. Not alot you can do with the engine.

Comment

I recently read that someone had found a fix for the texture flickering (at least on weapons). I couldn't find the post again but the solution seemed pretty simple, so hopefully it will be fixed.

Comment

Isn't this caused by two surfaces occupying the exact same location in space? It ends up with a "striped" appearance if you freeze it at one frame, and whenever the camera view against the model changes even slightly (like a weapon rocking left and right while walking), the stripe pattern changes. At any normal framerate, it appears to be flickering textures. I noticed this once with one of the weapons, likely under similar circumstances to the OP.
              TG5th USARMY||JeonJiHyeon

Comment

Never happened on my old 7900gt, but it does happen with my 8800gt. Don't know why, but it really doesn't bother me enough to do anything about it...

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

I imagine its irritating on anything in the foreground but I only get it on very long range objects

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I find the grass much more irritating

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ks0P7cs68-w[/media]

Comment

I beleive its being possibly fixed in the next patch, mosquill found out aa possible fix
                      sigpic
                      <a href="http://www.metro2033forum.net">metro 2033 forum</a>

Comment

Dont usually have it in the foreground but on fools road I had this, if anyone wants to compare.

The roadside bunker

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Very recently started when I fire a support weapon. Doesn't happen any other time. Too recent to think if it is 'important' or not. I just put it down to 'livable' when it happened and not thought about any 'higher level measures'. Yet.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X