Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remove saven gates from map rotation plz.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove saven gates from map rotation plz.

After HAT sniping was allowed this map is just a big waist of time.
    This was ma favoret map but now its just makes me wana cry.

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

Re: Remove saven gates from map rotation plz.

I agree with th at
    sigpic
    <a href="http://www.metro2033forum.net">metro 2033 forum</a>

Comment

Ditto.

Comment

I mainly like the secondary part to this map where we assault the last two chinese flags at their main but it doesnt often get that far.
        There was alot of rocket use today unfortunately. There is not much of a counter to it, maybe sniper with its higher scope? APC and anything else will fail because one guy (one squad even, I think they had a spotter) with a rocket can outmaneuver and outfire just about anything else

You cant reduce HAT ammo easily but a reload time of 2 mins is probably the easiest solution to over use of HAT. Like our rules now reflect, use it as you judge best but make it count because you only get so many opportunities?

The only counter to HAT in that situation is HAT itself, cue rocket trails all over the screen like fireworks night I didnt bother except to destroy destructibles and one time I saw a guy fire a rocket & take cover so hit the wall behind him

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

all I know is aout an hour after signing the gentlemens agreement on HAT I went on server on 7gates, and all I hear is peeeeeeewwwww BOOM! every 2 seconds. THere was so much hat sniping I thought the server had gotten mortars
          sigpic

Comment

Watching the TOW crew do this to the poor brit's was quite humorous. We put down the CP beside the TOW for extra ammo. As the rockets went out to go nail stray infantry attacking the river fort, it reminded me of the good old times; When 10 people on the opposing team would go all flood the chat as their buddy was mindlessly murdered in the open field. Sort of made me snicker, as I am so accustomed to this being frowned upon.

It's pretty much the same shock value as if you join a BF2 server and team kill, steal jets, and that sort of non-sense.

From what I seen, I believe that the TOW was more to prove a point then to harass the British and score some easy points.

I know it's all been discussed before, I really still believe it should be frowned upon - And possibly even enforced when over-abused to the point where it is wrecking the game play value of a map. It's a hard line to draw.

Comment

Originally posted by ZaBoo View Post
              From what I seen, I believe that the TOW was more to prove a point then to harass the British and score some easy points.
              And what, pray tell, would be that subtly wise, unobvious point have been? I've never known of anyone HATing infantry for any other reason than easy kills.

Comment

Easy...but convenient. Consider it a long range "grenade launcher" :).

No such thing as an "easy kill." A kill is a kill, no matter what.

Comment

I understand the rule change and the reasons for it. Still the use of HAT or LAT against infantry in anything other than a bunker is cheap and a obvious demonstration of a lack of understanding of the TG ethos I warn my squad not to do it and if they persist I kick em, simple as that.

Comment

well said wickens.

Comment

I understand it can be really frusterating but I still enjoy playing it
                      |TG|
                      ||||

Comment

Originally posted by nathanator8811 View Post
                        And what, pray tell, would be that subtly wise, unobvious point have been? I've never known of anyone HATing infantry for any other reason than easy kills.
                        Remarks made by the player on the next map. Maybe it was for the easy kills as well though ;)

Originally posted by A.WICKENS View Post
                        I understand the rule change and the reasons for it. Still the use of HAT or LAT against infantry in anything other than a bunker is cheap and a obvious demonstration of a lack of understanding of the TG ethos I warn my squad not to do it and if they persist I kick em, simple as that.
                        Likewise

Comment

Nah Im all for freedom of play, the only thing I object to is spamming it and wasting resources. Thats just an exploit of cheap ammo and the bf2 mechanics, you could argue this still falls under the primer

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

This map needs some changes. The Chinese should probably not spawn at River Fort and the Outpost CP should be removed. This way, both teams need to rush to take/defend River Fort. Leave the last two flags at Citadel and Temple. Focus the fight at River Fort (the Chinese team still holds the slight advantage as they have established overwatch on River Fort from Citadel) and then slog it out as China is defending their fortress. The Chinese team doesn't need two fortresses to defend (River and Citadel/Temple) - how much of a terrain advantage do they need?

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

I actually got up into the citadel where the TOW is, and there was a guy there shooting his rifle at some of our guys across the river, and I had a SAW kit,a nd I could have easily just shot him, but I didn't know if he had any friends, so I was alone and walked to him, crouched the last few feet, than proned behind him, had my knife out and knifed him. And it got him in the bulls!
                              Few people realize this, but a man's heart is actually in his scrotum, thats why when they get knifed there, they die instantly. :D
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X