Break

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Break

I'm going to take a break from PR for a month or two...maybe more. It's just situational. I've gotten back into America's Army after not playing for 2 and a half years.

I will check the forums occasionally, and maybe even hop onto the server once or twice a month, but no full blown PR like I have been.

Thank you TG for all the good times.

Until next time,
    'Canadian

Re: Break

i'll be playing gta4 till .8

and if gta4 is still better...i'll keep playing.

Comment

I'll be stickin with PR :)
      |TG|
      ||||

Comment

gta4 vs pr :icon_lol: Is AA considered more hardcore like arma

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
          gta4 vs pr :icon_lol: Is AA considered more hardcore like arma

Not nessicarily. It has a few more hud features than PR (like vanilla bf2)...but you can turn these off as I do to increase your immersion. It is more platoon vs platoon combat than army vs army that PR tries to replicate. 10 minute time limit MAX matches. Most maps have a 5 minute or so time limit. Very fast paced. To even play one needs to complete BCT (Basic Combat Training). You then have to go through certian training to use certian things (Humvees, CROWS System, Javelin, M82 and M95), and have to have so much experience to play certian missions (Special Forces [extremley tough] and Airborne..which also requires certian training). It's objective based, so you can win the round without killing off the other team...even though doing so ends the round. Most maps have AT LEAST 2 objectives. Some have more.

It's a free download. I recommend it.

Comment

Originally posted by imnotacanadian View Post
            Not nessicarily. It has a few more hud features than PR (like vanilla bf2)...but you can turn these off as I do to increase your immersion. It is more platoon vs platoon combat than army vs army that PR tries to replicate. 10 minute time limit MAX matches. Most maps have a 5 minute or so time limit. Very fast paced. To even play one needs to complete BCT (Basic Combat Training). You then have to go through certian training to use certian things (Humvees, CROWS System, Javelin, M82 and M95), and have to have so much experience to play certian missions (Special Forces [extremley tough] and Airborne..which also requires certian training). It's objective based, so you can win the round without killing off the other team...even though doing so ends the round. Most maps have AT LEAST 2 objectives. Some have more.

It's a free download. I recommend it.
            Last time I played AA the only map that was played was the one in the winter with a bridge... I never saw any vehicule, crows systems and javelin in this game... is this new?
            Play Tactical Gamer Only

Comment

As a former tourny-Americas Army player I can tell you the community is not what it used to be. I played the game from launch till November 06...

But the game is still solid. If TG ever revisited it, I'd invest in redl'ing it, but until I see a better trend in the AA community, I can't return to it.

Best of luck,
              Skud

Comment

Originally posted by hgl_420_division View Post
                Last time I played AA the only map that was played was the one in the winter with a bridge... I never saw any vehicule, crows systems and javelin in this game... is this new?
                Well, before this week...I hadn't either. So yes, It is a new feature.

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
                As a former tourny-Americas Army player I can tell you the community is not what it used to be. I played the game from launch till November 06...

But the game is still solid. If TG ever revisited it, I'd invest in redl'ing it, but until I see a better trend in the AA community, I can't return to it.

Best of luck,
                As a whole, the community doesn't even come close to Project Reality's. But on a group by group/clan by clan basis... alot are about dead even with Tactical Gamer's....in my opinion at least.

Comment

10 minute time limit MAX matches. Most maps have a 5 minute or so time limit
                  wow I never heard that before. Sounds more like cs in that respect then.
                  I did download and install it once for a clan game, but I spent so much time trying to get through the training just so I would be allowed to play on our private passworded server, I missed the match alltogether. Never bothered again after that

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

It's just because people move so fast and kill efficiently in my opinion.

Like I said. I recommend it, try it out.

Comment

I did a lot of the training in that game and I kept failing on the special forces mission where you have to sneak around at night so I just gave up. I also hate games where you have to wait for a new round to respawn.

Comment

Originally posted by kevlarorc View Post
                        I did a lot of the training in that game and I kept failing on the special forces mission where you have to sneak around at night so I just gave up. I also hate games where you have to wait for a new round to respawn.
                        Hahaha, well...it's supposed to be hard. They can't let just ANYBODY be in the special forces...

Comment

I played AA for about a year; quit about the time when the Humvee and CROWS were introduced. The SpecOps training isn't hard, just tedious: go low and go SLOW.
                          |TG-6th|Belhade
                          "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

i never got into AA. just played it for the training. the game play confused me a ton and is pretty fast - paced but i still prefer PR. and hte spec ops training IS hard. i remember spending like5 hours straight trying to beat it. ended up hving to use a walkthrough + crank up the brightness on my monitor -_-

"These things we do that others may live."
                            Intel(R) Core 2 Duo T8300 2.4GHz
                            GeForce 8600m GT 256mb

Comment

I lied. I can't stay away ;)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement