What type of map do you like?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What type of map do you like?

I love the forest maps such as Fools Road and Bi Ming. They show how beautful the game is and with a good squad, allows for some great covert tactics under the cover of the forest.
    |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Re: What type of map do you like?

I like map with Insurgent/Militia faction... always good for nice infantry and team play round... Also very good for Ambush like IEDs!

otherwise, I know I'm somewhat an Pilot addict. My favorite map is Kashan 64 when I'm in the A10 with a GOOD spotter, without GOOD spotter... A10 is complete useless.

My other favorite map is when there is a good SL around, they make the maps better!
    Play Tactical Gamer Only

Comment

I'm a fan of combined-arms large scale battle maps. Kashan Desert, Battle For Quinling (though kinda sluggish & laggy in 0.7-.75).

| |

Comment

The combined-arms large scale battles are fun, but only if a lot of SLs have communication with eachother, there is a good commander, and everyone knows what they are doing.

I also, like the urban maps. I especially like the new Sunset City

Comment

I'm into the same type of maps as MarineSeaknight. Kashan 32 and 64 are probably my favorite maps because there's a little bit of everything in those types of maps.

Comment

Ideally every map has a little bit of everything, it sucks when we dont get off the beaches in jabal because that isnt just bare hills.
            My favourite at present is Bi ming because I like infantry and smaller scale maps most but the best maps really are the massive combined arms ones that involve everyone at every level but that is a level of gameplay hard to get on a random pub game.
            I prefer qinling to kashan but neither are ones I would log on for really, fools road is great but is missing aircraft. Zatar I like for being so different and its closest to a combined arms map I could say I like, ironic :row__581:

Any of the forthcoming maps combined arms?

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Mestia, Qwai and AL Basrah.

Large enough for varied fights, lots of varied terrain and character in that different locations have a theme and not just a reflection like EJOD. Sure it takes more tweaking and is never perfect, but neither is the difference in arms between the factions. I prefer a fun fight over a super even fight.
              |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Lopsided battles - extreme asymmetry.

Small (under 20 player) urban engagements.
                Skud

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
                  Any of the forthcoming maps combined arms?
                  [MAP] Sangin [WIP]

It's supposed to be a Great Britain vs. Taliban Forces, with an A-10, Harrier, and Apaches. The air assets aren't confirmed though, due to the threat of balancing. It's going to be run as Insurgency Game Mode.

Sounds like a combined arms map to me. This is the map I'm really looking forward to in the future.

| |

Comment

Desert Urban Infantry Combat with light vehicle transport and helo transport :)

Lord of the Mangoes
                    In the nuclear world, the true enemy can't be destroyed.
                    In the nuclear world, the true enemy is war itself.

Comment

Originally posted by JCTango View Post
                      Desert Urban Infantry Combat with light vehicle transport and helo transport :)
                      Sounds like you're a fan of Kashan 16.

| |

Comment

Originally posted by MarineSeaknight View Post
                        Sounds like you're a fan of Kashan 16.
                        That I am. But I would also like some close quarters desert urban infantry combat maps... but on a grander scale than EJOD.

Lord of the Mangoes
                        In the nuclear world, the true enemy can't be destroyed.
                        In the nuclear world, the true enemy is war itself.

Comment

Fools Road and Mestia are two favourites of mine since I feel that they favour a certain kind of tactics.

A map that I would like to see is something similar to Fools Road, but with 25-30% of the map being urban. That would be interesting.
                          sigpic
                          The Royal Lifeguards

Comment

fools road is my current favorite. with a good squad, its the best there is.

all too often the combined arms maps end up like this: 2 helo squads, a transport squad, CAS squad, 2 tank squads, apc squad, and only one dedicated infantry squad, running back and forth trying to capture and the defend the flags, cuz everyone else doesnt want to get out of the vehicles. my least favorite is kashan 64. the above scenario happens almost every time i play it.

Comment

SUNSET CITY

Best map there is if you can get some fire and maneuver going in the sq. nothing beats it in my oppinion.

Other then that would have to be Qwai and Kashan 32
                              If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X