Server crashing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server crashing?

Well, I've looked around to see if there was a thread for this, but I couldn't find it. In case there is one and I looked poorly, forgive me, and I'd appreciate if you could direct me to it and lock this one.

Lately, I've noticed the PR server is often causing lag spikes, and it is going down quite a few times. EJOD 16, Bi Ming, Jabal, Quai at most: BOOM HEADSHOT, server down. Yesterday I was playing and I think the server went down 2 times in a row, it was hell.

I just wanted to know what kind of problem is, server, PR bug, etc, and if a solution is underway. I like TG server a lot, but it's getting pretty old playing always the same maps as there's not always an admin to skip the maps and keep the rotation going after a crash.

Thank you!

- Kevlar
    |TG-69th|Kevlar

"Oh I know I don't think I see what I see what I'm thinking."

Re: Server crashing?

Originally posted by KevlarBR View Post
    Well, I've looked around to see if there was a thread for this, but I couldn't find it. In case there is one and I looked poorly, forgive me, and I'd appreciate if you could direct me to it and lock this one.

Lately, I've noticed the PR server is often causing lag spikes, and it is going down quite a few times. EJOD 16, Bi Ming, Jabal, Quai at most: BOOM HEADSHOT, server down. Yesterday I was playing and I think the server went down 2 times in a row, it was hell.

I just wanted to know what kind of problem is, server, PR bug, etc, and if a solution is underway. I like TG server a lot, but it's getting pretty old playing always the same maps as there's not always an admin to skip the maps and keep the rotation going after a crash.

Thank you!

- Kevlar
    I have noticed this more lately as well. Got on last night when the server had about 30 players, it steadily rose to 45ish and then booom crash. Had to go find a diff server to play on. Hope you guys get it fixed, it is the best PR server when functioning.
    sigpic

Comment

Yup, thats been my experience as well. Also today I got disconnected at the end of several rounds, 'lost connection to server' or something. This has been happening for the last week.

Plus I have posted before about the lag spikes, it's horrendous at times. Only been happening since the PB shader check of that much I'm certain. No lag after .75 patch came out then the shader check thing and now I get regular bouts of really bad, game wrecking lag.

Comment

I have noticed it too. My problem is that I lose connection after every round and need to reconnect if I want to play the next one. Mind you I stick with the TG server even when it is the same map over and over.

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Comment

Yeah sometimes I get kicked from the server on round ends with the message "Couln't read from the server" or something, but I think that's EA problem... But since the other server I play in doesn't crash, I'm guessing the TG server crashes are due to a problem on the server or something... Like I said, I'm guessing, just wanted to be sure...
          |TG-69th|Kevlar

"Oh I know I don't think I see what I see what I'm thinking."

Comment

The Questions are:
            Is it the Server Hardware going down?
            Or is it the game mod version?
            Or is it the new PB checks?

Discounting the normal BF2 crashes that happen on the game normally my opinion is that it's the PB Checks or the Game Mod Version. It's very possible that the game may need to be reinstalled on the server side. Not sure though.
            "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
            "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by KevlarBR View Post
              Yeah sometimes I get kicked from the server on round ends with the message "Couln't read from the server" or something, but I think that's EA problem... But since the other server I play in doesn't crash, I'm guessing the TG server crashes are due to a problem on the server or something... Like I said, I'm guessing, just wanted to be sure...
              have the same problem, at the end of the round i get on the login screen.

| | | |

Comment

Nothing happening with the server hardware that I've been told. Most likely it's either:

a) Punkbuster
                b) EA master account servers

Either way, out of our control.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed