Best Commanders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Commanders

It is my honest opinion that skilled or decent commanders are highly unappreciated, mocked and simply not respected as much as skilled Squad Leaders or Squaddies. Lots of people like to show up good squads and good squad leaders and their adventures together in the great PR universe. But how often do you see praise for excellent commanders outside of Password night or Skrims?

I think it's about time that good commanders during public games on the TG server get their due and gain some appreciation.

So this thread is for the community to post up screenies or dialog of those they feel are good commanders.

I wonder if there will be even one post.
    "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
    "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Re: Best Commanders

You wondered if there would be a post? Here it is.
    Goodbye!

No, but seriously, there are good commanders out there. AFSoccer (long time no see), TF21 Tweaky and even Dirtboy who is known more for his Squad Leading. There are many others. Lots of them are not registered here on the forums and I cannot recall their names.

I'l be sure to keep an eye out from now.

Comment

Fuzzhead is also an excellent commander, although his slow and steady style and unshakable committment to the plan on a certain round of Jabal made him very unpopular with the team. Other than that, I respect the guys who step out of the ranks to take command when nobody else will as much as the truly skilled tacticians.
      | |

'Forward, the Light Brigade!
      Charge for the guns' he said:
      Into the valley of Death
        Rode the six hundred.

Comment

My fav commanders are the ones that

1) keep squad leaders AND squad members updated with enemy locational intel (where assets and forces have been reported to have been seen) by using markers on the map and texting it to the team as well as voiping it to relevant squad leaders

2) provide general defend/attack orders to squads, letting their squad leaders micromanage how he/she carries out that order

3) keep tabs on squad leaders (to see if they are overrun, need backup, or if the situation is in their favour)

Anything more than this is awesome, but I think these are the essentials that all commanders should at least do.

I agree about commanders not getting the proper respect sometimes. It's easy for people to place the blame on commander when things aren't going well, as he's seen as the one guy who should be in charge of the team. As long as he keeps the team updated with info and gives attack/defend markers, I think he is doing his job correctly.

Lord of the Mangoes
        In the nuclear world, the true enemy can't be destroyed.
        In the nuclear world, the true enemy is war itself.

Comment

There was a goodcommander on yesterday who was coordinating with all squads and the Air Attack squad. Communication is key for a good commander.
          "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here am I. Send me".

-Isaiah 6:8

Comment

I had hardly ever commanded before last week when I "took one for the team" and had a go on Fools Road. i actually enjoyed it a lot and will be applying on Fools road again maybe even branching out to some other maps.

To anyone thinking of having a go TG is definately the server to do it on as the SL's follow orders and even help you out.

Comment

some say I'm the best, some even say I put the "I" in TEAiM, some even say I have commanded some rounds similarly to the way Napoleon commanded his troops when he lead them into Russia.

I too agree with AFSOCCER, best of the best, and in all do seriousness I learned much from him.....Dirtboy on Kashan 64 can get the map done while commanding the US team in less than 45 mins, with a willing and able team that will listen and follow orders, I've seen that happen as well...and its glorious
              Last edited by Delta*RandyShugart*; 05-12-2008, 03:22 PM. Reason: had to mention soccer, he is an excellent commander
              Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
              Level II Volunteer FireFighter
              Level I HazMat Technician
              NYS EMT-B
              Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
              RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
              Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
              Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
              We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

AFSoccer is around, just on a break from the stresses of CO'ing EVERY NIGHT which went WITHOUT THANKS for many many nights. I myself am guilty of not thanking him :)
                Skud

Comment

Napoleon lost in Russia, he didnt plan or anything.....

Comment

Originally posted by Eavy Gunner View Post
                    i know i was being a bit sarcastic
                    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                    Level I HazMat Technician
                    NYS EMT-B
                    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Originally posted by Eavy Gunner View Post
                      That was actually me COing in a FH server :D
                      sigpic
                      <a href="http://www.metro2033forum.net">metro 2033 forum</a>

Comment

Well I for one apreaciate commanders.
                        |TG|
                        ||||

Comment

I've commanded many times and have won. I once commanded as China on Daqing Oilfields and we won in about 25 minutes. We capped all the way to their main.

Comment

Sarcasm doesnt work over teh interweb

Comment

AKz_BNT_007

... or something along those lines. He's a pretty good commander. Knows what he's doing. Won a couple rounds playing under him.

imnotacanadian, where are you bro? You also did an excellent job commanding during the Internal Scrim.

| |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X