No announcement yet.

[Video] Why you should never one-man tanks/hop out of your armour in the field

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Video] Why you should never one-man tanks/hop out of your armour in the field

This is a pretty lengthy/boring video, but it shows that...

If you one-man tanks or hop out of your armour in the field:
    1) you will get ambushed by infantry
    2) you will get shot up by light armoured & heavy armoured vehicles
    3) you will leave your armour abandonned (doesn't respawn), leaving it open to sabotage
    Last edited by JCTango; 05-12-2008, 01:29 PM. Reason: dunno how to embed video :(

Lord of the Mangoes
    In the nuclear world, the true enemy can't be destroyed.
    In the nuclear world, the true enemy is war itself.

Re: [Video] Why you should never one-man tanks/hop out of your armour in the field

Amen to that!! That is a perfect example of what not to do!!!
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Re: [Video] Why you should never one-man tanks/hop out of your armour in the field

Huzzah!

Comment

I laugh at all one-man tankers, and then yell at them.

Comment

I just toy with them. :P
          sigpic

Comment

Only if they're not on my team, I'm okay with them :)

Messing with One Man Tankers can be fun.

| |

Comment

the absolute best way to mess with solo tankers is to get right up next to one with a car and an engi before the cannon is ready

unless hes retarded and lets you c4/mine him, you can chase a MBT with a little vodnik/humvee

Comment

Well now, JC has to upload the vid of us TF21 one-manning the APCs on kashan :) Hahaha, just playing. Yeah 1-manning = bad.

Comment

ah man...how embarrassing, i didn't want that vid of me getting out :(

Comment

i am preety shoure that he didnt realizr to set view distance to %100
                    or the mouse sensitivity ...
                    or the teamwork on...
                    :P
                    cheers
                    [PRLA] Elemanoel

De la cuna de Fangio

Comment

looks like the person has their view distance set to 10% lol

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
                      In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

I often go out and destroy friendly abandoned tanks that are tracked or otherwise unable to be restored safely.
                        I would rather destroy it and take the negative points and have it respawn than leave it out in the field useless the entire game.
                        "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
                        "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

I dont have time to watch the long video but as I sometimes do this I should say something.

One manning is not always bad in every case. I know its hard to believe but I have seen two guys use an apc worse then one guy who hangs back and uses cover, tanks are a bit more extreme and also its harder to use cover. Ironic because their low profile should mean the opposite but thats the game!

I might get in trouble for saying this but on the modded fools road with tons of tanks, called operation peach under the original rules I believe the UK intended to use some tanks as entrenched artillery, hull down the gun would be used to defend with just one crewman.
                          If a teams available resources exceeds the manpower then I think theres a case for sometimes using a big gun/scope instead of going infantry. If theres 3 apc waiting 5 mins at a HQ then why not I say
                          Imagine there was a requestable kit with scoped 30mm and instant switch machinegun, dam that kit would be popular and overpowered. All you have to do is hide the big hulking mass of metal and you have an amazing resource, the main requirement is patience and use the map lots to always be surrounded by friendlies

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Seen this^ done before on Jabal...was very effective. Almost completely hidden.
                            sigpic
                            I'm Back.

Comment

one-man vehiculing is not always bad as sabre said.

I don't have any objection when I see someone one-manning assets when he's there to defend / cover / repeal enemy attack by a flag for example. Like one time, I remember I took a Militia Tank, moved it to the top of the bunker and solo-ed it for a long time trying to defend the last flag to defend. No reason to let an empty assets at the main when there is anyone to take it and when the team urgently need it firepower do be defended.

So yeah.. one man tanking or APCing is not a good ideas unless you're there to defend or do something brilliant... not like on the video where it wouldn't have been that hard to find a 2nd crew member and do the double amount of damage.
                              Play Tactical Gamer Only

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X