Can anyone hear me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone hear me

On multiple occasions, i have found myself in a squad that is holding a control point. I die and say repeatably, "Enemy coming from the west of the Village, near E5" or something simaler and they seem completely oblivious. Even when i'm alive i say this just to make sure. But, the enemy comes in a sweeps thru the control point, killing my squad. They all start saying things like "Where did they come from" and i said "THEY CAME FROM THE WEST, I WARNED YOU GUYS LIKE FOUR TIMES!" Of course the SL and i get into an argument over whether or not i said anything and i get kicked from the squad.

Opinions or suggestions on how to deal with this.
    |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Re: Can anyone hear me

Well, arguing is never a good thing... And neither of you were right (at least i think). What is necessary is for comms silence when the area or the area you are about to enter is hot. The squadleader should be the only one speaking and squadmates should give out warnings (such as a direction from where contacts are).
    Communicating is such an important thing in PR. If you have a squad that works well together, you can accomplish anything by simply spotting out targets and the squad leader giving clear orders.

Comment

I hate to point out the obvious, but is your mic loud enough?

In the volume control panel (the boring looking one), under one of the options it should give you an "advanced" option. This enables a button under the mic volume that says "Advanced." Click this, and there should be a box labeled "mic boost" or something like that. This like, multiplies the volume of your mic by ten. You probably will need to turn the mic input volume down to like ten percent, but for me, boost x 10% is louder than no boost x 100%.

(Don't get all mathy on me. I know the examples work out to be exactly equal)
      Waldo II

Comment

If you have the time, type it out for the squads to see, even if you say it anyways.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

when you first join a squad say...

"This is Sir-Nerd checking in... Mic Check."

Someone shoud reply Sir Nerd you are 5x5 if you are loud and clear..
          Volume being on a scale of 1-5
          Clarity being on a scale of 1-5

If you have problems with you volume check the Mic Gain box in the audio portion of your control panel.

Comment

Yea I know the feeling but its bad voodoo to argue with the squad leader even if he is wrong. If he says it was raining red onions then sure it was and hopefully at some point there is a method to his madness. If not, change squads

Funny thing is when you say it over voip, they ignore you. Type it into squad chat, no result. Then you type it into team chat and someone says over voip, hey theres a tank just north of us that guy says :icon_lol:

Another alternative is jumping in a vehicle, you can spot targets when in vehicles. AA/tow and maybe mounted MG even is a vehicle. Some sl use the map all the time and will see that.
            Also you can quickly jump out of the squad just for a second, form your own and use voip to tell the CO.

Normally sl can open the map and right click to spot a target anywhere they like on the map. It doesnt always work & Im not sure if you could do that without an officer kit or 2 people following.

Final thing is to vary your points of reference. Not everyone understands the grid keypad thing. enemy West of flag works just fine. Or use an obvious land mark.
            I dont recommend bearings by themselves unless your in a vehicle and I prefer compass directions in any case, I guess my math sucks

Use sound recorder to test your mic, I do find its alot clearer then bf2 probably due to losses from compression during internet transmission, so have it reading back slightly loud
            http://i30.tinypic.com/mcxk45.jpg
            Last edited by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger; 05-13-2008, 07:57 AM.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Yes my mic is fine, i checked the second i was in the squad if people could hear me. They said yes but from then on, they just ignored me.
              |TG-6th|SirNerd

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

What I don't like is getting grid co-ords for highly mobile units like infantry. I can't pull the map up and pin it down quick enough before they're off on another sector.
                |TG-6th|Belhade
                "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Well they arent so fast but elusive yea, I'd just say north of village not spend any great amount of time saying where exactly unless I knew the RP

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
                    Well they arent so fast but elusive yea, I'd just say north of village not spend any great amount of time saying where exactly unless I knew the RP
                    I did start saying more general like "West of village" but they still ignored me.
                    |TG-6th|SirNerd

Comment

in my experience, if ur squad is spread out, they wont listen as much and if the enemy does not present an immediate threat to ur objective (or if ur squad mates cant do anything about wat ur spotting) they will ignore it.

"These things we do that others may live."
                      Intel(R) Core 2 Duo T8300 2.4GHz
                      GeForce 8600m GT 256mb

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse