This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Role allocation: Who gets the assets?

Ok, I've seen this happen multiple times, and have been unable to find any rules regarding it:

Myself and another guy have a squad named "VOIP TANK". We get into one of the two tanks. We go on our merry way and get a good number of kills, and are finally destroyed. We respawn at main to find that another squad, named "AMBUSH", has taken the tank. Note that not the entire squad, just 2 of the members, while the other members are off apparently ambushing, 2 of the members of "AMBUSH" have taken the tank.

Who gets the tank?

Or what about this scenario: What if our squad was named "TANKS", obviously plural. How about if another squad is created named "TANKS 2" or something, and they want the second tank? Who gets the tanks?

I've seen this issue arise a lot, and I was wondering if TG had any suggestions regarding how this plays out?

Re: Role allocation: Who gets the assets?

That is entirely up to your CO. If your CO does not allocate assets to any particular squad or there is no CO, making named squads doesnt mean crap. If the CO has allocated assets to a certain squad and someone else takes them, that is punishable and you should contact the admin staff. If you are not sure if the CO has allocated assets, ask before assuming.

Comment

Way I see it, Tanks are usually those Neutral vehicles. Sure, the tank VOIP squad will get their tanks, but then they can go to other squads.

You could, though, ask for the tank. Maybe they'll fork it over. Or the commander will have it forked over, although that usually leads to bad feelings.

Now, to other assets, it is a little different. Jets, for instance... Keep them in their own squad. Actually, most air vehicles follow this route.

Now, THAT said, maps like Jabal and Fools road, the vehicles should go to the squad as there aren't quite as many. Priority, but if there are some left over the d00ds get free pickings.

Comment

By the way, what I explained is actually the server rule.

Comment

Here is how I think it should go down-

If there is a CO, he/she has the final word on who gets what vehicles. Minor vehicles such as land rovers/humvees/ice cream trucks can be taken by anyone who will use them effectivley. Commander trucks the same, but if there is a firebase or such that needs to be built, the squad building it should get the the truck.

If there is no CO, there should be an honor system. A squad called "Blackhawk" should get the Blackhawks. If a squad needs a ride, they can ask for one. If a squad needs air support, they can call for an airstrike. Dedicated squads are most likely to help out infantry on the ground. Squads that decide they want a jet are less likely to do that (same with transport/attack helis).

If a squad takes a Merlin, and there is a "Merlin" squad already made, then the non-Merlin dedicated squad should be asked to give the Merlin to it's respective squad. If they downright refuse and do not help out other squads like a dedicated squad would, then they should be kicked from the game.
          If there is no dedicated squad, there should be a line-honor system going.
          Waldo II

Comment

watch the PW night flash animation, read the other 10 threads that have this same topic...........can we seriously lock this thread, it seems that people are complaining about who gets assets, and what maps are playing rather than other useful topics that could garner some mature discussions.........Lemures u have played on this server long enough and should know the answer to your own question.

and if someone is not following the commander's orders REPORT THEM!!!!!!!!!!!! Its so freaking simple...................
            Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
            Level II Volunteer FireFighter
            Level I HazMat Technician
            NYS EMT-B
            Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
            RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
            Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
            Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
            We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Ive been told off for not watching the video because of this, many people believe a squad label gives ownership and that the video says that. It doesnt read that way to me & its commonly misunderstood imo.
              Im not a great fan of pairing up all vehicles of each type like its a game of poker, its not always the best tactic imo and Im glad its not compulsory though Im not wanting to ruin anyones game by that

Video wording:

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Yeah, watch the video.........or thanks TIGGER for the clip.

Comment

This is at an end of discussion at this point. We've gone through many threads similiar to this one (usually with more colorful language), and what's in that green box that Sabre_Tooh_Tiger posted is the final rule on the matter. That's it. Done. No more arguing.

... but all in good feelings of course :)

| |

Comment

Theres a reason I put the words in the video in huge text. I figured from that it would be abundantly clear.

Oh yeah, that and the fact that I said this 5 posts ago:
                    Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                    By the way, what I explained is actually the server rule.

Comment

I realize that this forum is for PR-related discussion, but that does not mean we have to have the same discussions over and over again. Seeing a thread for something other than vehicle asset allocation or one of the many other well-scrutinized topics every once in a while would be nice, ya know :).

And the rules were meant to be simple, if it's not in there (within reason), it isn't against the rules.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X