Random disconnects

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random disconnects

I dont know if its just me or if its happening to everyone, but i keep geting random disconnects in the middle of games. i usually get an error message saying something like

"There was a problem reading from the server"

or something like that. I was just curious if i was the only one having this problem and if it is server side or client side. If it is client side, does anyone know of any general fixes. Possibly port forwarding, punkbuster, etc. I also have no idea if its just this sever, or all PR servers due to the fact that this is the only server i play on.

Any info would help, thanks for the time

~ BMXer4l1fe

Re: Random disconnects

In the words of Charity Case "It's just EA being crappy".

Comment

Also, there's been a problem with a juiced up version of PB kicking people for missing a file. That's happened to me a couple of times. :/
      Apparently re-installing the 1.22 Client patch fixes it.
      sigpic

Comment

Yeh i get it alot too, i pretty much always get Disconnected when the map changes, and its annoyiong cause then some one takes my place and i ahve to wait 5 min for the next free slot :(
        PR ingame name - |TG-Irr| SilverJohn

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan_the_bad View Post
          Yeh i get it alot too, i pretty much always get Disconnected when the map changes, and its annoyiong cause then some one takes my place and i ahve to wait 5 min for the next free slot :(
          become a supporting member lol yeah i hate having to wait
          I do not have any ribbons because the TG Ribbons department has not created one for being a boss.

Comment

im not getting kicked at the end of rounds, or obvious crashes, i get kicked in the middle of a map, and its different then usual. Il be playing, and all my sound works, but my screen freezes and i get a "there was a problem reading from server" or something close to that. The odd part is that i can still hear people on the VoIP talking, and i can hear myself getting shot at.

i tried re-installing PB manually, but doesn't seem to be helping.. i just tried reseting my sound options, heard the voip settings sometimes causes problems.

~ Bmxer4l1fe

Comment

As soon as you get the "Problem with your connection" message, hit ESC. Go to the main menu and then wait for about 5 seconds and then hit ESC again and go back into the game. See if that is a work around for you. I also get these messages in game and usually the ESC work around works unless the server crashes or I have actually lost internet connection.
              "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
              "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

i get tht all the time mate so i now ur pain

Comment

yeah it is a ea or pb problem, there is also the one where it kicks you all the way out of ea's login, when that happends it is a problem with ea.
                  sigpic

Comment

I get the same problem... For me it's only annoying because I usually try to get in game awards.. and I cant see them, because I get kicked right away =(

~Sirsolo
                    |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Comment

Yeah i got that last night. I was waiting for the map to load and it kicked me to the login screen and i had to relogin and rejoin. No big deal though.
                      sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

The EA/GameSpy gameservers have been acting up lately, with some frequent random disconnects for many players. Why, last night I saw a full 62 server go down to 21 because of this. It's out of our control, and basically we just have to deal with it.

| |

Comment

It's my fault. You see something always has to be happening to take away from my enjoyment. Since I just fixed all my MD5 mismatch kicks EA had to figure something else out to make my experience miserable. Unfortunately their hatred for me effects everyone this time. Damn you EA! Damn you! *fist raised*
                          "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
                          "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X