Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are friendly near shots acceptable at the endgame?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are friendly near shots acceptable at the endgame?

Today I had 3 three games where I saw people shooting at each other and myself and missing on purpose. No TK'ing, but having the distortion effect going on for 4 seconds and not knowing at first wether it is enemy fire, does get annoying. Once, there was a friendly chopper keeping an entire squad under fire while we tried to capture a flag. And he should have seen we were friendly as were right on top of us. And another time it was near the end of the game (less than 20 tickets).

I would much rather play until the end and not get into a round of seeing who is the best at missing teammates. Is this acceptable behaviour? Or can I report it once I see it happening more often and how?

Cheers,
    Fishbone

Re: Are friendly near shots acceptable at the endgame?

I think that spawning to main base when one of the teams has about 10 points left there is not much point getting organized and to move out into fight. That is if the it is clear victory / loss and after good amount of time with tight fighting people may want to ease up a bit. As long as nobody is killed and the "near" shots aren't shot in negative purpose it isn't anything that people should be punished or warned about especially if large amount of guys are doing it.

I mean that if the current atmosphere in server seems to allow it. In the end it is the players that make the server go around and around. Just my two cents (:

Comment

I'm normally playing all the way to the end. When people get stuck at the main base stuff like this tends to happen, especially near the end of the round. People also throw smoke grenades everywhere.

Comment

Personally I dislike when I have to go "wth fire discipline??" and then realize there's about half a minute left of the round because the opposing team's tickets (or ours) are about to reach zero. But I guess sometimes there's just nothing to do so people burst their weapons in the air or elsewhere.. I've joined that kind of "time killer" on a few occasions...
        As for the near miss bollocks, I don't support it in any way. Except the fact that it's annoying, I'm gonna trust this guy to NOT hit me when he's taking pot shots at the ground like one feet away from me, and will continue even if I move around randomly?
        sigpic

Comment

*Putting on admin hat*

Not acceptable. Period.

I view this as immature behavior, and it can only result in bad things happening.

Let me quote the TG primer:

Tactical Gamer was founded with a few very simple principles:

1) Create an environment conducive for mature gamers to enjoy the games they play without the everyday interference from the less-than-mature gamers.

2) Create an environment where there was mutual respect for your fellow gamers and where all members would be working together to advance the enjoyment of their hobby.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine, regardless of the level of advantage, if any, it gives over the opposing team.
          Maturity. Simulation (as in: show me where real troops have fun at the end of a fire fight by shooting at each other but missing on purpose).

Players do not make the server go round and round, meaning we don't believe in letting the inmates run the asylum. We have rules, and those rules are to be followed regardless of when in the match it is or how big of a lead or deficit your team has.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

That is if the it is clear victory / loss and after good amount of time with tight fighting people may want to ease up a bit. As long as nobody is killed and the "near" shots aren't shot in negative purpose it isn't anything that people should be punished or warned about especially if large amount of guys are doing it.
            I have no problem with celebration fire. But one guy shot at me/us at 100 m or so and started running off once two more squad members joined me and we had him in sight. It was not meant in jest, at least I can't see the joke of that particular behaviour. And I have no temper problem but I hate to see some other guy get banned for trying to shoot back and actually hitting the "funny" guy.

Comment

Guys firing their weapons all over the place on full auto...
              Somebody constantly honking one of the vehicle horns...
              A pilot hovering directly over you...

All of these things are a nuisance. I think the mature gamers out there would agree.

Comment

Yup. I must make a "correction" so nobody gets my point of view wrong. I do not support the activity in any way. Celebration fire is something I do myself yes when there are just few tickets left on opposing site but that "near shots" is something that keeps on happening and I don't have anything against it personally.
                Last edited by Drastiq; 05-14-2008, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Back when I first got into PR, around 0.5, before I joined up with TF21, I got into a heated argument with an individual on the TG server about his use of our apc's (He was driving them straight into flagzones- vanilla style - and getting them blown up).

I tried to convince him what he was doing was wasting our assets, but he got defensive and foul towards me. The discourse got worse and worse.. and on the next round, my behaviour slipped and I fired one single bullet at his feet. Admin banned both of us. I got banned for a week.... and it was my first strike! :O.

I agree that what happened between us two was immature, and shouldn't occur on the server, especially now that we have suppression effects.

If stuff like this happens in the game, I hope it is reportable and bannable... or at least bannable after receiving numerous complaints about this on multiple occasions.

Lord of the Mangoes
                  In the nuclear world, the true enemy can't be destroyed.
                  In the nuclear world, the true enemy is war itself.

Comment

Guys - even if teamkilling or shooting at friendlies occurs at the end of the game, it IS reportable the next round, not to mention you can hop on TS and report it there. In my opinion, this is very immature behavior, and just because you have to be mature during the process of the actual game doesn't mean it ends in the last minute or two.

| |

Comment

Both as a player and as an admin, I find such behavior totally unacceptable. What give an other player the right to do that against other players? That is my question. If someone wants to shoot, then shoot at a rock or something and practice on your aim instead.
                      sigpic
                      The Royal Lifeguards

Comment

I hate when someone will start firing near me, I have no problem with someone firing into the air (straight up) when there is 10 or so tickets left and they have spawn in the main. I have a problem with the people that drive around randomly in the spawn running people over or at least bumping them. As of currently I don't know how bad this has gotten since I'm waiting on the release of 0.8 to reinstall PR but I have experienced players doing this while the new suppression effects were in play and I must say it is extremely annoying.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
                        In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Also, I wonder how a player would explain a situation when he shoots at an other player in a situation like that and actually kill / TK that player. And I guess that we are all aware regarding the tollerance level on intentional TK's.
                          sigpic
                          The Royal Lifeguards

Comment

Being a true moron and taking vehicles to their death due to immaturity and ill experience is not a ban able offense because you are not technically destroying vehicles on purpose. You are just being stupid and vanilla.

Firing a single bullet near or at a friendly player on purpose for whatever reason is ban able.

So what does this teach us? Being retarded is ok. Immaturity on purpose is not ok.

My head hurts.
                            "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
                            "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

personally, if we are loosing, i like to go out fighting. if we are winning, i like to go out fighting. anything else is lame.

most of the time i dont even know the end is near, and when i get the "there is a problem with your connection" screen right before the win screen i usually think my game has crashed out again :P

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X