Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kicks? Mic/Settings change? Lag? Punkbuster the Culprit. Update and how.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kicks? Mic/Settings change? Lag? Punkbuster the Culprit. Update and how.

In another thread about this recent dilema our main man WDT_Alpha_s9;993965 wrote this:

Originally posted by WDT_Alpha_s9 View Post
    In the interest of trying to resolve this particular issue...

I thought the same thing when I was having this problem. Manual update of the PB client did not resolve the issue. However, after about a week of playing after this change, it suddenly stopped happening to me.

This IS still happening to a couple of friends, so I've asked them to manually update PB and see if it resolves the issue.

Sometime shortly after the manual update, I did get some crazy sound problems. Going into my options, the game had selected my hardware card as the audio device. I changed this to software, and it fixed my sound issues. (including VoIP problems)

It was shortly after this that I noticed I was no longer disconnected after each map. Possibly as soon as this change was made, but I wasn't paying very close attention to that particular problem because I was troubleshooting sound :)

Sorry if I'm keeping an unwanted thread alive, but I hope this helps someone who might be seeing the same problems.
    Punkbuster!

Indeed it works.

I tried it after the advise given here. The disconnects and random things like mic fuzz or loss, lag and settings changing, drop outs in game and after every map, have all but gone. I would follow this advise as a first port of call.

Thumbs up WDT_Alpha_s9;993965, give that man some +1's someone: if you are having the above issues: manually update your Punkbuster from their homepage people.

So there we are people, not TG server, or PR - but Punkbuster! It seems to be a huge culprit. Unless you go to their site and update there you will get problems because alot of us wont be updated automatically (but I shall get onto that). And behold, there was an update not long ago.

Now there is a place to get the update download, and it seems, to set up automatic updates. This is what I ended up using. Nevertheless, it updated up to now, so I hope now I have automatic update aswell, since I think this sets this up too. Heyho, whoo cares?? I got my old iron site back in my arms so I don't.

This is done by 'registering' (you may have before, but hey, this is Punkbuster we are talking about) and in the blurb you will find this is done by the 'PBSetup'. In any case, this is a good manual download and this is what to use for the manual update.

How to Manualy Update:

1. Now you will have to update manually. To do this go to their homepage http://www.punkbuster.com/, or search it via Yahoo or Google, if you like.

2. and follow the link for Battlefield2.

3. You are looking for Software Updates, so go to that and click Download

4. After reading the advise (I went to) - and so go to PBSetup. The advise is on the page for you to read on what to do with selecting Battlefield2 etc. Use this and all should be well. The quicklink is: http://www.punkbuster.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

This should remedy many of the issues people are getting. Again, thanks to WDT_Alpha_s9;993965 for the advise without you, at least I would still be having alot of problems. I hope this helps others as much as it helped me.

Tai

Re: Kicks? Mic/Settings change? Lag? Punkbuster the Culprit. Update and how.

I just updated my PB client. Hopefully I won't get the error message that logs me out anymore.

Comment

I hope it works. I'm not a computer whizz but it seemed to smooth out alot of issues. I had all of the above, and I know a few others were having it too.

Good wishes to ya and fingers crossed.

Comment

To give credit where it's due... I wasn't the first one to try this fix :)

Also, I'm still seeing some kicks between maps, but I really think it's EAs login server. I get booted back and have to log in again to play. I'm not sure if this has something to do with 2-3 hour maps, a score too high for BF2 and freaks out the server, or what. It doesn't seem to happen on the shorter maps, and sometimes even if i have a long game I don't see it.

I thought maybe PB pushed another update, so I tried a manual push again but I have the most recent versions. Perhaps a complete re-install of PB is in order for my PC. If I find anything else that seems to help I'll update this thread.

Comment

Yea I tried this and my client was out of date so its now 2.059 and hopefully better for it!

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I updated my PB client and I still get the "error reading from the server" message and am logged out every once in a while. Hasn't been happening as often though.

Comment

Yeah. Agreed mscmn.

I can't edit the first post nor the title. Doesn't seem to be this option after a period of time.

It hasn't stopped all problems but it seems to have decreased. This is not the solution but hopefully a step in the right direction.

Sorry I can't edit the title or first post to say so.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X