TG 1-on-1 LADDER (idea)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG 1-on-1 LADDER (idea)

Back in my tournament days we would host 1 on 1 ladders to help learn maps and improve single-player gaming skills. Would anyone be interested in a 1-on-1 ladder?

16 player maps, race to 5 or 10 kills.

We could either do an on-going ladder or a 1-day event with audience members watching in game from a designated DMZ (as long as they don't give intel to the 2 active players.)
    |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Re: TG 1-on-1 LADDER (idea)

What if we were to do 2vs2 or 3vs3 to incorporate some teamwork into the event.

Comment

3v3, would probably be the best, and first team to get 30 kills.

Comment

Like the idea. What maps would be used? I know Kashan would not work. A certian area of each map could be used like E5 of EJOD for example etc.

Comment

Could use a edited map that one would have to download. But it isn't like peeps would just pop in to play in a tourny anyway.

Fixed bunker spawns, maybe get a killzone outside of the area of engagement.

Could set it in training mode if you want full kit access.

Comment

What about teams of 5-6, squad vs. squad type combat? This way there would be some teamplay and organization.

Comment

I have experience setting up competitive ladders such as this.

I used to run a web site with ongoing ladders. No maximum of players, and several different ladders. Keep in mind this was vanilla BF2. All were no vehicles unless otherwise stated.

1 vs 1 (Pistols Only, Knifes Only, Infantry Only) - 15 kills per round
              2 vs 2 (Pistols Only, Knifes Only, Infantry Only) - 25 kills per round
              3 vs 3 (Infantry Only) - 40 kills per round
              5 vs 5 (Infantry and Light Vehicles) - 50 kills per round
              8 vs 8 (Infantry and All Vehicles) - 75 kills per round

It was pretty successfull. You could only challenge somebody/another team 3 spots or less infront of you. If you won, you take their place on the ladder..a lose will take you down a slot. Defender choses map. Set amount of kills wins round. Best 2 out of 3 wins the match.
              Here's an example:

3 vs 3 ladder with 50 teams on it. The 23rd ranked team (lets call them the "Tigers" for arguements sake) can challenge the 22nd,21st,and 20th ranked teams. If the Tigers challenge the 20th place team and win, they are the new 22nd ranked team, and the old 20th, 21st, and 22nd ranked teams slide down a slot. If the Tigers lose, they slide down to rank 24, and the old 24th ranked team moves up to 23rd.

I never had that many teams in one ladder...The most I had was 25 or so in the 1 vs 1 Infantry Only. I had about 8 in the 8 vs 8, and about the same in the 5 vs 5. Everything else had between 10 and 20 teams involved....many people had a team entered in all the ladders.

I will volunteer to help put something like this together...but not all by myself this time, as school and work are overwhelming me.

Comment

If this goes down, the training server is the only way to do it. Instant respawn, unlimited kits and unlimited vehicles.

For example, you could have a 3v3 at N. Village Kashan, and have the audience watching the battle from blackhawks and LBs overhead :D
                |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Originally posted by TurkishDelight View Post
                  If this goes down, the training server is the only way to do it. Instant respawn, unlimited kits and unlimited vehicles.

For example, you could have a 3v3 at N. Village Kashan, and have the audience watching the battle from blackhawks and LBs overhead :D
                  that would be so cool.

Comment

and catch the whole thing on FRAPS from observers on the ground.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brain21 View Post
                      and catch the whole thing on FRAPS from observers on the ground.
                      Or just have 2 or 3 people assigned to FRAPS the Battle Recorder. One or two to FRAPS the battle recorder from the ground, and one from a birds eye view. This would eliminate the noise choppers will create that would take away from the contestants. Yes, live viewing would be cool, but not needed.

Comment

I could edit it, if you guys want, unless there's someone with talent out there :P
                        sigpic

Comment

(Not like the 6th devils are doing INF only Tourney's anyway! Warehouse, check our damn forum for the love of god)
                          Skud

Comment

I'd like to do another round of The Hunted that we played last year: three teams of 2 players each and a single player who hides, and the three teams need to find and kill him.
                            |TG-6th|Belhade
                            "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

infantry ladder=good

hows about 2(vehicles) v 2 or 4 v 4 ARMOR ladder? Kashan, Qinling, Kufrah, maybe even 3 v 3 on Ejod

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X