Pilot Kits for firefights =(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pilot Kits for firefights =(

I dont mean to be a jerk, I dont mean to be a nub, and I dont mean to contradict TG members and get my arse kicked.

But this is quite annoying.

Rule number one from the PR Rules forum:
    1. Strive for realism

Tactical Gamer promotes playing the game in as realistic manner as possible, with players utilizing military tactics to the best of their ability. The game should be played with the emphasis on teamwork and tactics, and players should avoid at all costs utilizing a feature of the game as an exploit to gain an advantage over their opponents. Use weapons and vehicles in as realistic manner as possible.

Qwai river 16 player, first map in the rotation. Just today, we, apparently, had an entire squad of pilots. When I asked about this being realistic, they replied that they have the highest kill/death ratio.
    The use of the pilots kit as a combat kit goes 100% against the first rule. (In my opinion, of course.)

It's great how it has a pistol, and how it's a big laugh that you killed a guy with a pilots kit, but seriously, Does this happen at all in real life?
    Should this be...for lack of a better word, banned from use?

Discuss...

~Sirsolo
    |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Re: Pilot Kits for firefights =(

To follow up on that, there was a problem with HAT snipe spamming and close quarters HAT sniping on Kashan 16...

Comment

It's basically a seeding map. I don't particularly enjoy seeding maps...

They're still using a gun to kill enemies. They have no body armor and low ammo.

It's unique and a break from the norm. Takes some extra skill and it's just for a short time. While I was an officer the entire time, I use my pistol more often than not just because it's good practice.

NOW, when players do this in ACTUAL games and don't contribute to a team at all, YES, that would be a problem.

EDIT: Google, that has nothing to do with the topic at hand...
      Skud

Comment

Originally posted by google View Post
        To follow up on that, there was a problem with HAT snipe spamming and close quarters HAT sniping on Kashan 16...
        Yeah, I heard that mentioned quite a few times. In reality, those things are worth thousands of dollars.. why in the hell would anyone use that instead of a 5 cent bullet to kill infantry?
        =/

~Sirsolo

Carpe Diem

Comment

Mayhaps six LBs all got damaged, the pilots surviving, and they opted to help the ground fight.

Or something.

Lighten up, just because the server strives for realism doesn't mean every exact thing should be realistic in every regard. In this regard, warfare usually isn't quite as fun. Not that it really is in reality, but shush.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post

EDIT: Google, that has nothing to do with the topic at hand...
            Um, yes it does! HAT spamming and close quarters HATsniping is anti-realistic.

Comment

The BFR will be reviewed after it's done. Certain players were obviously abusing the HAT. The only thing that can be done about it is through TG players themselves: Never let HAT Abusers or HAT snipers in your squad. It's not hard.

You do have a right to choose who you play with in your squad.
              Skud

Comment

The Pilot tactic may be unique, it may be fun. But even Seed maps are "actual" games.

I play them to win..

Oh, and body armor doesnt matter in most firefights from what I find.. the first hit usually wins one way or another.

Carpe Diem

Comment

Well...the team with the full squad of Pilots still WON. I don't see what's wrong:

1. They put themselves at an obvious disadvantage with little range or stopping power.
                  2. Limited Ammo.
                  3. No rally point.
                  Skud

Comment

First of all, it was a seeder map. I would NEVER run a pilot squad in a real game, and I wouldn't expect anyone else to do it either.

Secondly, my squad got the most kills out of the entire team, and we won the game. Choosing to use a weapon that puts you at a disadvantage is much different than, say, a knife squad.

Regarding the Heavy AT spam, I'm going to review the BR file once it's out and whoever was spamming that Heavy AT will be hearing from me.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

the crewman SMG is great for small 16p maps. Got to mix it up some times.
                      doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Originally posted by Portable.Cougar View Post
                        the crewman SMG is great for small 16p maps. Got to mix it up some times.
                        Yeah, I agree 100%

Comment

haha, this is funny. I was actually thinking, and voiced this to some people, that if i'm on the MEC side, i might make my entire squad get pilot/crewman kits, because the g3 is completly, useless. Pistol is probably the best Close quaters combat weapon in the damn game next to the M4

Comment

I dont know if any of you have seen ross kemp in afghanistan on TV but it does show british soilders using javelins (HATs) to 'snipe' suspected enemy positions reported to them by attacking infantry units they are covering

Comment

I understand where all of this is coming from: Losing some things for others.
                              But the fact still remains:

1. Strive for realism

Tactical Gamer promotes playing the game in as realistic manner as possible, with players utilizing military tactics to the best of their ability. The game should be played with the emphasis on teamwork and tactics, and players should avoid at all costs utilizing a feature of the game as an exploit to gain an advantage over their opponents. Use weapons and vehicles in as realistic manner as possible.

But I guess there's no fix in sight here...If you cant beat em, Join em. Looks like you have competiton. =)

~Sirsolo

Carpe Diem

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse