May I ask a few questions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May I ask a few questions?

Hi there, i'm new at this community, i already read the rules. :p, so don't worry about that.
    here's my problems, i cannot connect to the TG Server, i got an error that says "you have an older version than server", why? i follow the guide, my PR version is the 756, it shouldn't happen.. y also have the original copy of the game..
    and the second one is, is it possible to play whitout problem/lag/delay with approx. 170ms? that's becose i'm from Argentina (don't worry, i don't have any problem with English guys at all.)

thanks for your patience, hope not to be a problem.
    Last edited by KarmaPolice; 05-18-2008, 06:28 PM.

Re: May I ask a few questions?

Hi karma. You might want to try reinstalling PR/BF2, you have the correct version so it was probably an error during the install.

There are plenty of people that play with very high pings, including a few from South America and Argentina as well. Try hooking up with Elamanoel sometime, I know he's from there. Good luck, and welcome!

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

u say u have the original copy of bf2 then u will need to download patch 1.41 which is the current patch i think then u should be find and rember to have both the PR core and map files
      I do not have any ribbons because the TG Ribbons department has not created one for being a boss.

Comment

Also: Dont forget the 1.41 patch for BF2 before installing PR. Make sure you have the map packs as well. (may be stating the obvious.)

~Sirsolo

Edit: Dang.. Mnam beat me to it! =P
        |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Comment

Radiohead, good band my man. Yeah, just follow all these things people are saying.

Comment

i think that i have the 1.41 patch installed.. but to be sure, is there any way to check it?

ps: yes, i know him, i played a few times with him and his clan in the argentine's server.

thanks for your time and patience guys, i'll try reinstalling the pr.

Comment

Originally posted by sirsolo View Post
              Also: Dont forget the 1.41 patch for BF2 before installing PR. Make sure you have the map packs as well. (may be stating the obvious.)

~Sirsolo

Edit: Dang.. Mnam beat me to it! =P
              its my l33tlyness
              I do not have any ribbons because the TG Ribbons department has not created one for being a boss.

Comment

When you start up vanilla BF2, after you log in the version should be displayed either on the bottom right or left.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

look, i think that i found the problem. the version on the main menu says "v0.755", the one what i installed is the 0.756 not the 755. i'm pretty sure because i donwloaded it from the PR web yesterday and the .exe's name is: pr_0756_core_setup andpr_0756_levels_setup

once again i hope not to be a problem and thanks.

Comment

just a quick reminder if u have not read the PR manual read it it will help u alot :)

Comment

you mean that the solution might be in the manual?

i'll read it more careful

Comment

no just before u start playing the game PR is very different from bf2 vanila

Comment

i played pr before.. thanks anyway :)

still with the same problem, any idea?

Comment

Give this a try just in case.

Start Battlefield 2 and go into Community/Custom Games and click on PR 0.756 and click activate. This should activate and start up PR so it works next time. Most don't have to do this but some have to for some reason so give it a try.
                            "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
                            "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

the 755 and 756 thing is actually a dev error, EVERYONE has 755 in their main menu, there was a last second hotfix that was needed and we forgot to change the version number in the menu... so that is not your problem.

you say this problem ONLY occurs when trying to connect to the TG server? Have you tried many others?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X