This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admin's switching players

This is not a call of admin abuse or anything nearly that serious, rather, a recap of what just occurred and a request for your comments.

It's password night. I join the server, and see someone on the other team I would like to play with, and I ask them if I can join them. At that point, I notice that the teams are 17/15, so I switch over anyway to make them 16/16. (This was at the beginning of the map, when the points were still pretty much even). Then, dirtboy (I THINK it was dirtboy) says "no teamswitching"... this occurred AFTER I switched teams, evening them out. I wasn't going to switch back, and I could not have even if I wanted to. So, I joined a squad, and played with them for a while. My computer lagged out, and I was dropped from the server. I joined back on, and was placed on the other team. I waited a few minutes, and was able to switch back to my team (which once again evened up the teams) and rejoined my squad, who I played with for another while. After a bit, I noticed some complaints about teamswitchers, at which point my name was called... and I was swapped back to the other team, where there were no squads to join.

At no point did I make the teams uneven. At no point did I break any rules (as far as I can see). I only tried to play with my squad, and was teamswitched by the admin for it.

How could this situation have been avoided, because its not something I expect when I join for a fun password night. *shrug*.

Re: Admin's switching players

Alot of times during Password Night, we turn off the autobalance to let players rejoin their squads, if said player had to disconnect for any reason. Of course, this opens the door for teamswitchers who switch to the winning side. No one likes to lose, but we expected a higher level of maturity and honesty during events such as PW night.

Lemures, you're right. This isn't that big of a deal. It really sucks to fight for one team for the round, then get switched later on to the other side. I'm afraid you were a victim of the teamswitchers we still seem to get even during PW night. Dirtboy's actions were definately just; he just wanted the teams to be even, and some unlucky guy had to get switched.

In my experience, the admins will understand if you explain it to them that you were originally on the other team and got disconnected. Just a quick explanation of your case and Dirt may have let you back on the other team, provided the teams weren't overly-unbalanced.

| |

Comment

Well, I said in-game that I didnt want to create a scene there and I would bring it to the forums, which I have done. I've been an admin before and I know how much of a pain it is to sort through stuff while in-game, so, I wasn't about to press it there. I realize now that even bringing this to the forums accomplishes nothing. The admin's did their job just fine, and I did nothing wrong (that I can really see), so nobody is at fault.. its just one of those things that occur. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemures View Post
        The admin's did their job just fine, and I did nothing wrong (that I can really see), so nobody is at fault.
        That sentence is false. I too have been an admin to a server and only took action when it was due, or by misunderstanding. Due to your situation, i guess the latter.

Comment

Thread Locked!

I told you this ingame...I just picked a random player!
          "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X