Ranking System?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranking System?

would it be possible to put on a ranking system onto the server?I see other servers have something similar (not the vanilla one though). Just a thought really.

Re: Ranking System?

this has been suggested and shot down for many many reasons on many many occasions. aint gonna happen. basic sum up: it encourages point whoring/kit whoring/vehicle whoring and, as you know, we'll have none of that around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
      this has been suggested and shot down for many many reasons on many many occasions. aint gonna happen. basic sum up: it encourages point whoring/kit whoring/vehicle whoring and, as you know, we'll have none of that around here.
      You read my mind
      |TG|
      ||||

Comment

The ranking system on other servers is annoying anyway. Nothing is more distracting than the drum roll music of getting promoted every few minutes.
        | |

'Forward, the Light Brigade!
        Charge for the guns' he said:
        Into the valley of Death
          Rode the six hundred.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sonic_Striker= View Post
          You read my mind
          You read his mind :P
          Play Tactical Gamer Only

Comment

Originally posted by NerdyDodge View Post
            The ranking system on other servers is annoying anyway. Nothing is more distracting than the drum roll music of getting promoted every few minutes.
            I switched all my sound files around. Whenever I shoot any gun now it makes the snare sound. I'm like my own drumline.. You should hear the 1/256th notes that I can make with the blackhawk minigun!

Comment

Odd, last night I dreamt that I was playing on TG with the ranking system on, getting awards and promotions every few minutes.
              |TG-6th|Belhade
              "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

I think "odd" is an understatement

Comment

Wouldn't it be cool if every player in a squad had one vote per round and they could vote for anyone including their SL or the Commander but not anyone else in another squad and not themselves. After so many voting points you go up in rank. And if that voting screen happened at the end of the round with a 10 second timer so you had to have someone in mind already.

Private to Private 1st Class or Lance Corporal = 10 Votes.

after that Lance Corporal to Corporal takes 11 more votes. etc.

Just a random thought. Nothing special since I know the engine can't do that.
                  "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
                  "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

we have better than that though. take a gander at the big green link in my signature.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                      we have better than that though. take a gander at the big green link in my signature.
                      which one? i am color blind j/k :D
                      I do not have any ribbons because the TG Ribbons department has not created one for being a boss.

Comment

I do not support a ranking system. Its makes you honors the one and not the team.
                        |TG-Irr|WarV

Comment

The only rank system I would recommend we test is one based solely on "time played."

While a player that has 500 hours on the server definitely isn't automatically an expert, I feel half certain that he or she knows the rules and doesn't need much coaching. A player with private tags might help us identify the new players on the server, and narrow down the most probable suspects doing the HAT sniping, UCB raping, or the infamous before-game "YOU GOT IT" spam that makes me want to scoop out my ear drums with a spoon.
                          |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

Originally posted by Mnam View Post
                            which one? i am color blind j/k :D
                            I actually am colorblind (color deficient, politically correct). Even with my colorblindness, I still know which link Ferris is talking about, and I totally agree that little red/green (whatever it is) link there is better than any ranking system.

| |

Comment

Originally posted by MarineSeaknight View Post
                              I actually am colorblind (color deficient, politically correct). Even with my colorblindness, I still know which link Ferris is talking about, and I totally agree that little red/green (whatever it is) link there is better than any ranking system.
                              opps sorry dont want to be mean and i know what link he was talking about just was having a little fun
                              I do not have any ribbons because the TG Ribbons department has not created one for being a boss.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X