error x3401 Unsupported Compiler Target 'LowPSModel'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• error x3401 Unsupported Compiler Target 'LowPSModel'

I need help. I have posted in the support forums and and in other areas but have not had any answers. I have a new system, new install with vista 64, 4 gig ram. All runs good. I have been testing, benching, and gaming on the system for over a week (COD4, Stalker, BF2 Vanilla). All run fine.

Now ready for the big leagues, I load up PR. I did the correct routine, with patch, up to .756 (levels and cores..maps too). I run as admin, and even did the run under xp sp2. I also downloaded the Vista 64 sp1.

I keep getting an series of errors that start with:

Particles fix(229) error x3401 Unsupported Compiler Target 'LowPSModel'

Also, the path is "mods/bf2/shaders/particles.fx" then more for trail.fx, nonscreenalignedparticles.fx, decals.fx, roadcompiled.fx..with everything being the same up through "shaders/"

Any ideas? I have been searching for an hour or so and can not find good, complete info on this.

Thanks for your help in advance...StevieRay
    sigpic Sometimes I rip, other times I RIP.

Re: error x3401 Unsupported Compiler Target 'LowPSModel'

looks like missing shader files to me (or corrupt ones). If you want I can send you mine via PM.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
    In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Thank KK...I will try it if you think that would work...

I did copy the files from Shaders_client into Shaders.....the old special forces fix...but did not work. So you think that they are all corrup from the download?
      sigpic Sometimes I rip, other times I RIP.

Comment

If those suggestions dont work, uninstall pr and download the core and levels again and install core then the levels. Also give the old 'magic reboot' (ie reboot your machine) windows trick a go as well :)

I dont run vista myself, let alone 64 bit version, so I havent come across it before. Good luck.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X