Any good pilots?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any good pilots?

Are there any pilots out there (jet or chopper) that are good in |TG|? I'm decent in chopper, I have no idea how to fly a jet, so I won't even attempt it, and I was just wondering if we have any "aces" in here. There's nothing better than riding in a chopper with a godly pilot.

Re: Any good pilots?

We have quite a few actually. If you want to practice on your own, go to the realitymod forums and search for "training mode". Download, install, fly and crash to your heart's content without hurting anyone.

Comment

I like flying the odd air asset, I don't claim to be an ace, but i can handle myself

Comment

when im not lagging i find that i can fly helicopters abd planes ok

Comment

I fly most heli's, not particularly the heavy transports though. I can fly alright in jets, but can't land :(

Comment

I'm alright in an attack helicopter, don't ask me to fly a jet though!
            | |

'Forward, the Light Brigade!
            Charge for the guns' he said:
            Into the valley of Death
              Rode the six hundred.

Comment

I prefer flying jets and I consider myself a good pilot, if I have a good spotter of course. I have flew in BF2 for a while, and I have played other games, but none is as hard and as cool as PR.

------------------------------------------

The Basics

First things first: you need a joystick. You cannot fly in PR without it. And the reason why is because you need to be able to control your throttle in order to be able to land, and you can't do that with a keyboard. If you have your joystick with throttle control set, it's time to get to know your aircraft. This tutorial video will explain you how to taxi, take off, land and rearm, that is, the basics that will get off the floor and back on it: [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv99q75O_f0[/media]

What good will you be if you go up, bomb some tanks, and die landing? Like Ferris said, either download the training map of start with the SU-25 and A-10 in Kashan 64, move to the Mig and F-16 on the same map, then move to the Eurofighter in Battle of Qinling 64 and finally move to the J-10 in Qinling also. If you can land the J-10 in this map no problem, then you can land any plane anywhere, trust me. Practice A LOT, and when taking off and landing is like taking a walk at the park for you, learn your weapons.

The Weapons

Weapons are pretty straight forward. You have 3 kinds of aircraft in PR: fighters (F-16 and MIG in Kashan 64), bombers (SU-25 and A-10 in Kashan 64) and multirole fighter (Eurofighter and J-10 in Qinling 64).

In fighter aircrafts you'll have 8 air-air missiles and your machinegun, making them only effective against other jets, specially bombers. Bomber aircrafts are specially effective against ground targets and almost unnefective against other jets, unless their pilots are bad. The bombers have a more powerfull nose gun, hydra missiles and 2 air-air missiles. They also have 2 smart bombs and 4 Mavericks. Those are the most powerfull weapons in the bombers, but they require a laser target in order to hit. We'll talk about that soon. The A-10 has a more powerfull nose gun and only 14 Hydra missiles, while the SU is more manueverable, has a less powerfull nose gun but 120 Hydra missiles. Last but not least, the multirole fighter, like the name suggests, are effective against both land and air targets. They have 8 air-air missiles and 2 smart bombs.

But, what makes the bombs and Mavericks "smart"? This means you cannot simply drop them, they need a laser target in order to work properly. You can drop them without a target, but i'd say your chances of hitting something are almost zero. For the bombs, you need to be from 700 to 500 meters away from your target, and at least 600 meters high in order for them to arm before they hit the target. Squad leaders and spec ops can mark targets with their SOFLAM. The best thing to do is have a guy as squad leader in your squad painting targets and setting move markers for you around the map. The Mavericks are just the same, but you need to be closer to the ground to use them. When you dive, you'll see a lock on the SOFLAM mark, then you just have to fire and get back up ASAP.

The Tricks

Some tricks for you to stay alive as much as possible and not having to wait 18 minutes for your jet to respawn:

- Fly high. AA guns have a range of 1200 meters. So if you fly over that altitude, let's say between 1300m and 2000m, the only thing that can threat you are other jets.

- Drop your bombs from 700m to 900m altitude. The higher you are, the lesser the chances of you beeing seen.

- Be fast on the flares. If it locks for more then 2 seconds on you, you're probably gonna be toast.

That's pretty much it man. You'll get a hang of it the more you do it. I have got a score of 30/0 in Qinling by being carefull and with a good spotter as I have got a score of 3/10 on Kashan with a poor spotter and flying reckless. One thing is certain: the better your spotter, less chance of you dieing. A good pilot will stay above 1300m waiting for a painting, go to 700-900m, drop the bomb and go back in the air. A good spotter will most likely not be seen (and not die), find a target, put a move marker on it, lase it and then he'll tell the pilot to come in at X altitude and which kind of weapon is best to use (bomb, maverick, strafe) according to all the information he has gathered by watching the enemy: hostile AAVs walking about, heavy tanks, bunker AAs, shoulder launchable AAs and so on.

Good luck to you, hope it helps!

- Kev
              |TG-69th|Kevlar

"Oh I know I don't think I see what I see what I'm thinking."

Comment

For the "Multi-Role" jets, you need to be going at a speed of 1300 or less to be accurate with the bomb, as any faster and you overshoot your target before you have dropped a bomb

Comment

Originally posted by browna3 View Post
                  when im not lagging i find that i can fly helicopters abd planes ok
                  Every time you take a plane, i look at your skills and say "I'm shocked at why he isn't dead" :p

Comment

Originally posted by Eavy Gunner View Post
                    For the "Multi-Role" jets, you need to be going at a speed of 1300 or less to be accurate with the bomb, as any faster and you overshoot your target before you have dropped a bomb
                    Didn't know about that. Good one. But I don't think you'll go over this speed unless if you're using your afterburners. And afterburners should be used only for takeoffs and loosing enemy jets.
                    |TG-69th|Kevlar

"Oh I know I don't think I see what I see what I'm thinking."

Comment

Originally posted by NerdyDodge View Post
                      I'm alright in an attack helicopter, don't ask me to fly a jet though!
                      your not alright your pretty dam good
                      I do not have any ribbons because the TG Ribbons department has not created one for being a boss.

Comment

Definitely enjoy flying transport and the odd (if I'm lucky) chance to fly an attack helo.

Comment

Originally posted by Eavy Gunner View Post
                          Every time you take a plane, i look at your skills and say "I'm shocked at why he isn't dead" :p
                          hey gunner uv been in a cobra wid me before i wasn't that bad

Comment

Zatar is one of my Fav maps, Because of the littleBirds, there so fun to fly and its allways good to din new ways of using them e.g. attack marker strafe from 500ft or flying 10ft off the ground for a gun run.

Comment

i am good with chopers and little birds but i dont fly the planes, i suck at jets
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X